Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very similar experience for me--ordered in the first half of April and originally had a "10-14 week" delivery window that updated yesterday to August. My RN begins with 1147 and will be delivered to western PA, if that's informative for anyone else eagerly awaiting delivery and hoping to arrive at a more granular estimate.
Ordered a ‘21 Model S, LR, FSD in Jan, RN. ———- 3072. Haven’t heard delivery update since March. This will be my 4th new Model S. Live in Pensacola, will pick up in Atlanta. Waiting just like everyone else.

Ordered Jan 23. My delivery was in March. Then it moved to 01 June - 30 June. Then last week it said 21 June - 30 June. This week it went back to 01 June - 30 June. Now it says August. What the hell is going on! We should demand they add some extras for the frustration.

Just checked on my Model S LR. Ordered at the beginning of February. First March delivery, then July, then June1-30, and just checked now, and it is August. Fortunately my 2013 Model S works fine. But I'm getting old and FSD is going to be my main mode of transportation. For comparison, when we ordered our first Model S in June 2012, they said the delivery would be in one year. It actually came in February 2013, 8 months after order. So August is only six months.

Ordered my S LR on 4/12. Had a August delivery date on my account and that disappeared. Texted my advisor and he said that could be a good thing because other customers had that happen and they are now a June production date. Sold my 2015 S70D in one day and now I am missing not having a Tesla.

After my delivery date went back and forth, March, July, then June with dates, then August and now......NO Date! This is stupid! They should leave it with no date all the time until they know. I sold my Model S in February because the original date was March. And I've been driving my son's car when I can or Uber.
For a $100K+ car, they should compensate us in some way for the delay.

Reactions: Sbaimo
After my delivery date went back and forth, March, July, then June with dates, then August and now......NO Date! This is stupid! They should leave it with no date all the time until they know. I sold my Model S in February because the original date was March. And I've been driving my son's car when I can or Uber.
They put many of us in similar binds. I have been driving my wife’s MB for the past 4 months. I assume you are a first time Tesla buyer. I am and I had no idea that Tesla was so full of sugar. Previous Tesla owners seem to expect this behavior from them.
but right now there are no real alternatives if you want a good ev sedan with top notch tech and the best infrastructure built out for ev’s. So I am waiting

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
My delivery date has also disappeared. I have a buyer for my 2013 MS and they are in no hurry. So I am fine with transportation. I think I am pretty early on the order list RN1144... ordered in early February. Went through different dates so far. When we ordered our Model S (we are below 4400) in June of 2012, they said to expect to come in a year. So we were very pleasantly surprised when it arrived in February (8 months instead of 12). I think it is all about managing expectations. You feel jerked around when they promise early and deliver late, particularly with changing the date so often, an emotional roller coaster. Much better to under promise and over deliver.

Reactions: Sbaimo
Yes in the $100k+ market you should be used to delays. It gets worse with lamborghinis in the $200k+ market. They cater to people who want toys. And if said people want the toys today, they need to go on the used market and put $50k above sticker for it. Check out the prices of 2021 Lamborghini Urus to see what I mean - the cheapest nationwide as of this post is $308k. Of course this will be hard to do with a refresh model that is being delayed

But I agree that Tesla should offer compensation for the terrible customer support. They have showed time and time again that the manufacturer direct to customer model does not work, as their workers are not informed nor incentivized to provide good customer service. At least with Lamborghini, the customer service line picks up immediately at odd and all hours of the day.

Wait, what am I talking about, Tesla should be compared to VW or Audi, not Lamborghini.

They have showed time and time again that the manufacturer direct to customer model does not work, as their workers are not informed nor incentivized to provide good customer service.
I don't think that it's the model doesn't work, it's just that Tesla doesn't care about customer relations period. You can see this across not just their vehicles, but their solar installations too. They really seem to be all about making a half-decent product with flaws and hoping people make excuses for them because they're "paving the way to the future" or something.

Imagine if they took the time and money investment from the past two years to focus on hiring a proper team of customer support and taking any vehicle flaws into consideration for continuous manufacturing improvement, instead of trying to just push out as many cars as possible per quarter. They'd have a considerably smaller user base and show less sales per quarter, but they'd make up for it with a much more satisfied and loyal user base.

RN1145
Ordered March 1 in NY
Model S white on black interior 19s FSD
Delivery estimate went from 4-11 weeks, to a June 23-30 Window to August. Now it is blank with no delivery estimate section when I login

hopefully it comes this month

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
RN1145
Ordered March 1 in NY
Model S white on black interior 19s FSD
Delivery estimate went from 4-11 weeks, to a June 23-30 Window to August. Now it is blank with no delivery estimate section when I login
hopefully it comes this month
Fact:
They have been arbitrarily adding and removing estimated delivery for the past week. I would not read too much into the blank. Mine went from blank to June 21-30 yesterday morning. This morning went back to blank.
tuxedo colored LR with arachnids. No FSD. Ordered in December RN1142.

Hearsay:
i did overhear a conversation that Tesla lost several March orders, so they were planning to treat March orders as if they were June orders. You should get delivery sometime later this year.
If you only ordered 1 day earlier. Jeez. Feel bad for you.