Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN Assigned Today - 33272

My VIN was assigned today. 33272 is much higher than VINs that were assigned just days ago. Any reason for this?

P85+
Silver
Pano Roof
21" Grey Turbine
Black Leather
Piano Black Decor
Performance Plus
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Red Brake Calipers
Super Charger Enabled
Tech Pkg.
Smart Air Suspension
Parking Sensors
Fog Lamps
Ultra High fidelity Sound
Extended Napa Leather
Alcantara Headliner
Premium Interior Lighting
Parcel Shelf
Center Console (wait-listed)

Delivery Anticipated March 20-27 to Van Nuys

Also got my VIN assigned yesterday - 33439.

S85, Silver, 19" wheels, Textile, Piano Black Decor, Super Charger Enabled, Tech Pkg., Parking Sensors, Parcel Shelf
Delivery date not provided. Still reads "Preferred Delivery March"

The order was confirmed Jan 24. It is interesting that my VIN is 167 numbers higher than MatMDK's VIN which was assigned the same day. Is it possible that the numbers are not assigned sequentially, but we received our numbers at the same time because both are cars are silver? My understanding is they paint only in one color at a time, rather than make frequent color changes.

If the more expensive cars are given priority, that may be why 33272 has a delivery date and I don't. I'm sure I won't see mine before April.

Matt:

Didn't have to call because I received an email today from the DS with the following info:

"DATE: At present, we anticipate that your Model S will arrive at the Orlando Service Center and be ready for pickup around 3/29/2014 . I have to stress that this date tentative and still subject to change. There's a possibility that your vehicle may show up sooner or later than the time frame provided above however it is the best estimate based on current information."

I'm quite surprised that the car might be ready so quickly as I expected a longer wait.

delanmanUSRockville, MD85YesYes
18-Dec
Yes14-Feb304177-Jan3-Feb

mulefergUSNorth Wilkesboro NC85NoNo
18-Dec
YesMarch3256821-Jan

There is another thread.Delivery Tracker. As you can see 2 orders the same day. My Vin was added 14 days later His was a P85. Mine S85. You guys are both S85. Hard to figure.

muleferg

@muleferg. The P85 deal was "priority one month delivery" which I expected them to honor.. They didn't and I've had to chase them to get a date twice the agreed upon timing. I'm not at all happy with the delay or having to call them on it. That was a contract term that was not met. The DS is trying to step up doing what he can to keep the 14th as a firm date so I can participate in the D.C. rally that weekend.

... In production as of today (Monday 2/3)

Last edited:
@muleferg. The P85 deal was "priority one month delivery" which I expected them to honor.. They didn't and I've had to chase them to get a date twice the agreed upon timing. I'm not at all happy with the delay or having to call them on it. That was a contract term that was not met. The DS is trying to step up doing what he can to keep the 14th as a firm date so I can participate in the D.C. rally that weekend.
... In production as of today (Monday 2/3)
"P priority delivery angst" ;)

@delanman. I would be very unhappy also after ordering a P and not getting in a month. Wishing you luck on getting it in time for D.C.

:biggrin: Mule
I didn't even realize there was a one month guarantee possible for a P85. I confirmed mine around December 11, the Vin is 30287 and I was told that it would be in the first production line of February. The delivery time to Calgary, Canada is presumably longer than most states ( not sure about customs clearance), so maybe add an extra week; however, I was never going to get it in under two months. The earliest date I was given was February 21 which has now slipped to the 25th. I was wondering if the December/January period effectively reduces production time available. Either way I think production is behind and mine hasn't started building yet.