Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! You didn't happen to peak at the list to see when my delivery was did you?:smile:

What configuration are you going with?
Thanks, no but I know it's earlier than mine. ;)

We saw Steve J's car up close and liked it. So we'll be going with Sig Red Performance with probably a cream interior and carbon fibre accents, no spoiler, silver performance wheels, and pano roof.

(Aside from mine not being a Founder's Series, Steve has a tan interior and a spoiler.)

Larry

Last edited:
Today I was upgraded from P-4776 to S-1232.
Unless they bumped the Sigs available above 1000, I'm a bit surprised at the Sig drop rate. I don't think it's an issue as I suspect most, like me, dropped to a P, but Tesla's Sig premium is clearly making people think twice. They're still selling all 1000 so it's not a financial hit to Tesla, but it's a little sad the pricing scheme ended up discouraging some who were obviously Tesla supporters (or they wouldn't have dropped 40k in deposit money).

Last edited:
but it's a little sad the pricing scheme ended up discouraging some who were obviously Tesla supporters (or they wouldn't have dropped 40k in deposit money).
That's one of many potential reasons. I would be wary of reading too much into it.

I can recall (I think) 5 people on the forum -- which is self-selected enthusiasts -- that have dropped, or have considered dropping, down to P for reasons completely unrelated to pricing structure. Color choices, waiting for 1.1 options, personal finances, etc.

Signature

Larry - Congratulations! That's fantastic. See- your trip out to Fremont was worth it afterall. Another Florida car coming quick.

Larry is do you remember when you put yourself on the waiting list, I reserved recently and put myself on the waiting list last week for a signature. Just trying to figure out my chances at this point considering most of the MVPA's are out already.

2 weeks and not a single tally update? That's a surprise given all of the activity this weekend!

I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see fewer people reserve a Model S and come here. My reasoning is that those of us who reserved early were all hung-ho about this car and more likely to join a forum to talk about it incessantly than a more mainstream reservationist.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see fewer people reserve a Model S and come here. My reasoning is that those of us who reserved early were all hung-ho about this car and more likely to join a forum to talk about it incessantly than a more mainstream reservationist.

true - I was looking at yahoo message boards for TSLA and saw mention of people who were 'pulling the trigger' now