Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll try attaching it later tonite using the image upload UI. Not sure it will let me, but I'll try. Perhaps the mods can chime in, if they have a better recommendation.

Upload it to a Google Doc Spreadsheet and make it public then give us the link. Mine is in a Google Doc, I don't mind sharing the raw data, but I'll have to move that into a new spreadsheet separate from some other stuff I don't want to share. I'll try to do that this week.

It has been said Norway is the biggest market for Tesla outside of the US. (Or was it in Europe? Canada might be bigger.)

Last I heard there were around 400 reservations here for the Model S. That's 1 Model S for about every 12 500 inhabitants. The US has 1 Model S reservation for about every 26 000 inhabitants.

This is before we know pretty much anything about European pricing, CHAdeMO specs, three phase specs, if we'll get superchargers, etc. And we have just one store, where there's been one Model S beta at one time for under a week. No one has had test rides or test drives.

I think once Tesla actually starts focusing on Europe, we'll see reservations increase rapidly.

The Dutch site Groen7.nl today said that the number of Model S-reservations in The Netherlands and Belgium has surpassed 600. There's still just one store for these two neighbouring countries.

I'm still on the silver wheels. Hopefully at least one of us is making the right choice. :)

BTW... at the Seattle Amped they observed that curbing the Perf wheels reveals that the dark is a surface coloration (i.e. scratches show brightly).

It is for this reason that I decided to go with the silver rims rather than the dark ones. Curb rash is inevitable (in my family at least) and on silver it will show less.

The Dutch site Groen7.nl today said that the number of Model S-reservations in The Netherlands and Belgium has surpassed 600. There's still just one store for these two neighbouring countries.
The 400 reservation number is from before the Model S beta even visited Oslo in April, I believe. It's quite possible the number is somewhere above 500 now.

Looking into some old news article, I found one article quoting George Blankenship on April 14 when he said Norway was the biggest market after the US. Which means bigger than Canada.

Also, when it comes to the number of stores, the Belgium/Netherlands region is something like 400 km across. For comparison, Norway is about 2000 km long. Our population is seriously geographically dispersed and needs more stores.

Last edited:
The 400 reservation number is from before the Model S beta even visited Oslo in April, I believe. It's quite possible the number is somewhere above 500 now.

Looking into some old news article, I found one article quoting George Blankenship on April 14 when he said Norway was the biggest market after the US. Which means bigger than Canada.

Yes he did say that! And come to think of it that's actually quote remarkable (Canada's population is 34 million and right next to the US, Norway's is almost 5 million)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD