Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone actually buying the 40 kWh Model S at this point?

Well, I am happy to report that I just drove my new Volt home from the dealer. I was able to work out a really good 36 month lease, that should end just as Gen III is starting to roll of the assembly line.

Great you are staying electric. And staying here! I also hope you continue to talk up the technological shift on other forums still. Loved what you did on the gun site.

Great you are staying electric. And staying here! I also hope you continue to talk up the technological shift on other forums still. Loved what you did on the gun site.

I am definitely still talking up EV's with every opportunity. I had to make the entire drive home from work yesterday on gas because I spent my lunch break giving rides to interested co workers, and drained what battery I had left after the drive into work. I am sure a thread about the Volt is in the future for the gun board.

FYI, Tesla is now saying that Canadian Signatures are sold out.
But we don't know for certain whether what that means exactly. There are at least three plausible interpretations:
  1. Tesla got 200 Canadian Signature reservations (and none of the recent ones have identified themselves here)
  2. Tesla decided to close the Signature reservation window for Canada so that it can get on with building the ones that did get ordered and close down the Sig Red paint line.
  3. 2 + Tesla added more US Sigs off the wait list to top up the total NA Sig count to 1,200.
I think the evidence points to #2. It would be unusual (statistically) for none of the final 33 sigs to post on my WikiMap (highest # I have is S167 (CN)). Likewise, we haven't heard any postings from people on the US Sig wait list in the past few days informing us that their number has been called. So...I'd be inclined to say that there will be (at most) 167 Canadian Signature Model S produced.

But we don't know for certain whether what that means exactly. There are at least three plausible interpretations:
  1. Tesla got 200 Canadian Signature reservations (and none of the recent ones have identified themselves here)
  2. Tesla decided to close the Signature reservation window for Canada so that it can get on with building the ones that did get ordered and close down the Sig Red paint line.
  3. 2 + Tesla added more US Sigs off the wait list to top up the total NA Sig count to 1,200.
I think the evidence points to #2. It would be unusual (statistically) for none of the final 33 sigs to post on my WikiMap (highest # I have is S167 (CN)). Likewise, we haven't heard any postings from people on the US Sig wait list in the past few days informing us that their number has been called. So...I'd be inclined to say that there will be (at most) 167 Canadian Signature Model S produced.

You're forgetting about the SSLs.

Sorry for the ignorance but I'm trying to figure out the letters and numbers here... my reservation has a sequence number that's preceded by a # and I also have a reservation number, preceded by "RN" no S or P's here... can someone help?

Sorry for the ignorance but I'm trying to figure out the letters and numbers here... my reservation has a sequence number that's preceded by a # and I also have a reservation number, preceded by "RN" no S or P's here... can someone help?

Your sequence number is what we are interested in here. And you are a P as there are no signature spots left. P is general production.