Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Australian order.

I'm number #80 with payment acknowledged 3rd May.

General Production though I do intend getting the performance+ if offered here.

A friend had general production reserved last May (2012) with a reservation number in low 60s.

So only around 17 orders in the last 12 months and 7 cancellations based on the latest numbers posted on this thread for Australia.

We had 3285 on April 2. That means approx. 11 cars/day. The numbers are done somewhat in batches, so you need to pick the right interval. On the other hand, it is quite possible that a higher number than 3503 was also assigned on April 22, which would mean that we are above 11/day.

EU P 3737 was reported last friday (May 10th).

That is 234 cars in 18 days, or exactly 13 per day. Still consistent.

It's almost impossible to track US reservations for the Model S now that Tesla has dropped the sequential reservation numbers. But the Model X reservation pace can give us a clue. Between Feb 6th and March 13th there were on average 9,5 Model X reservations per day in the US (excluding Signatures). Between May 9th and May 18th this has almost doubled to 18,5 per day! Probably thanks to the publicity surrounding Q1-earnings, the stock price, Consumer Reports and announcements. I think it's safe to assume that Model S-reservations in the US have also doubled over the last month, and maybe even more because of leasing and the fact that Model S is being built right now. The better service terms, battery guarantee and lower reservation fee will also help.

Today 3880 was reported in Norway.

143 cars in 12 days, or ~12 per day.

Hmm. Just around 1 car per store, which is what Tesla used to get with the old format, low traffic, stores here in the U.S.

I had hoped they were doing something to fix that with all of the stores they were supposedly opening over there. But when I just went and toured them via Google I realized that several are just phone numbers where you can arrange a test drive, and the rest all appear to be in areas that lack foot traffic.

If they can't find high traffic locations to put the stores they will probably need to do more active advertising, or rely even more on positive press and word of mouth than they do in the U.S.