TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by dsm363, Sep 2, 2012.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

So Tesla does not have a page on their website listing the Firmware update details?

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Yeah, do you get an onscreen changelog before or after?

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

It just says update successful. No details.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

So Hees post#18 that does detail the firmware upgrade (as was described to me at the SC EVent) is not "official" just some random user post from someone who got ahold of the info?

5. dsm363

#45 dsm363, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    That was from an e-mail Tesla sent out an e-mail on Sept. 20th with the details of the update. The e-mail does say for version 1.9.11 though and we're up to 1.9.17.

After agreeing to the update (if you don't want to wait until the evening when the update defaults to) it has a one min countdown then everything turns blank for awhile. I didn't watch it after a min or two but it was done in over an hour.
    _85C3284.jpg

6. contaygious

contaygious Active Member

#46 contaygious, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    Creep is here!

Forum | Tesla Motors

gimp_dad says:
    "Just got SW release 1.13.16 tonight. It now has a "Creep" option in the driving control panel. I would characterize the creep mode as mild but it now keeps the car from rolling backward in my driveway when in drive without foot on the brake or accelerator pedals. On level ground it creeps very slowly if you don't put your foot on the accelerator.

Personally I didn't have any problem with the old way but I know there are many who prefer creep mode so I wanted to let everyone know about the update.

I didn't check everything yet, but I also noticed a few other changes:
    - there are now driver modes that save your mirror, seat, etc. settings (you even get to name the driver) (is this one old and I just missed it previously?)
    - the sound system has improved even more with better XM reception, finer grain volume control and fuller sound
    - there is a tantalizing switch in the control panel to enable remote access by the mobile app (can't wait to actually get the app for my android phone)

That's all I have noticed so far. Will add anything else I discover tomorrow."

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Sweet, that's a quick update cycle there

8. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

mr_burns (1).jpg

Being a manual transmission guy, I probably will pass on the creep mode. But, I'd love to test it out. Seat memory is excellent to have given we'll have two drivers, and I can't wait to see what the mobile (Android) app provides.

9. dsm363

I actually grew to like the creep on the Roadster but also like it without creep on the Model S. If they made it very weak (the creep) on the Model S, that might be a good compromise.

Don't have the new update yet. Memory seats is nice as I was wondering how that worked.

Finer adjustment of volume was something I and others asked for so great they listened.

10. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

That's a mega update! Love it!

Btw, does creep happen when in Reverse too?! It's valuable in congested parking lots with pedestrians around.

11. dsm363

Details of the update in new e-mail from Tesla:

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. From above e-mail:

12. contaygious

Wow! Mirror and steering wheel memory? Really! Does it adjust when you get in and out now?tesla really is serious about updates!

13. Zythryn

Zythryn M3 Silver, M3 Midnight Silver

No, it adjusts when you select the profile from the screen.
    Up to 10 profiles can be stored.
    I plan to set one up for 'guest' so any test drivers don't mess with our settings:)

14. gg_got_a_tesla

Great stuff! But, no mating to key fob (heck, there are 10 profiles and only 2 fobs) so, no, you'd have to pick a profile after you get in (if you can get in :) particularly if the previous driver was very short or something like that). Adjusting ahead of time is something for the mobile app in the future, I guess.

Man, this is exactly what this high-tech car promised and is now delivering on! Wonder what the interplay of some of these features with options is (not a problem with Sigs, I guess) - will some of the bits in the Driver Profiles, specifically seat memory, be available with Textile seats?

15. DrComputer

DrComputer Active Member

So when is timed charging going to be added?

16. contaygious

What! No profile on the fob? Strange! I'm 6'8 and my wife is 5’3

17. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Voltage makes me tingle.

This is spectacular. It's going to be so exciting to download updates to the car.

GG: No mating to the fob now, but that could come in a future update.

Dave (dsm363): How is the volume adjustment implemented? Is it still 1-11 but in smaller increments? How do you like it?

18. gg_got_a_tesla

Yes, sorely needed for those of us on time-of-use electricity tariff schedules.

Just ask her to pick your profile after she's done driving before she gets out of the car :)

19. dsm363

Maybe for for 'Whoever stole my car' too might be a good idea. If they're considerate, they'll use that then you don't have to rearrange your seats and mirrors when you get your car back.:smile:

That's a great idea though. I'm going to add guest too.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't received the update yet but hopefully tonight. I got the last update a few nights after the first reported update. Sounds like they just march down the VINs in order with the updates at a slow pace.

20. contaygious

I heard a report that it's just increments between each number. So like 2 has a few clicks before 3.