Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but with the latest firmware update, the charge port stays lit while charging with the car locked. Before, all the lights would be off when I locked the car, even though the car was charging.

The version is v4.1(1.19.31).

- - - Updated - - -

I was told they just ran out. They proactively put it on the due bill in writing for me at time of delivery Sunday.

They told me it was not included in the general production cars.

- - - Updated - - -

It is V4.1 (Rev 1.19.31)

I have the latest (i believe) version 1.19.31, and it operates as before, with all lights turning off after a short amount of time, even as it continues to charge.

I have not stayed around long enough to see how long it takes for the charge port light to go out. But, the behavior I saw before was that when I locked the car from the remote that all lights would go out, even the charge port light. Now, that light stays on when I manually lock from the remote. If I lock a fully charged car, i.e. the charge port is solid green, then the light goes off when I lock.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but with the latest firmware update, the charge port stays lit while charging with the car locked. Before, all the lights would be off when I locked the car, even though the car was charging.

I have the latest (i believe) version 1.19.31, and it operates as before, with all lights turning off after a short amount of time, even as it continues to charge.

This came with version 1.19.27. The charge point light stays on for ~20 seconds after locking the car. I found this particularly useful to know the car is charging as I walk away.

(Note to Tesla: first time this happened I spent a few minutes locking/unlocking the car because I thought it was a bug. Yet another argument for a comprehensive manual and release notes)

I still haven't seen a software/firmware update. I wonder how long it will take to see one.

I haven't either. I think they're trying to take care of people who otherwise would have cars with software bugs. The way I look at it is, my car is working fine with the old software I have, so no complaining for awhile. If months go by and still no update I would say something, but for now I'm perfectly happy with the software I have, although with just a tinge of envy of those who have the latest and greatest software.

for timestamp/database (if anyone's keeping..):

vin1610 received fw update notice this am, started 942pst, checked at 1020, was finished, all seems go. was 1.17.50 (i think, 4.0 in any case), now version 1.19.31 (4.1).

driven a bit, all seems good. one small change i notice is the media audio no longer dims when the car doors are opened.. anyone else have this, or the contrary? i actually liked the dimming audio personally. others?

driven a bit, all seems good. one small change i notice is the media audio no longer dims when the car doors are opened.. anyone else have this, or the contrary? i actually liked the dimming audio personally. others?

It may be my fault: sorry! I had Ownership write up my request that the audio not be muted when a phone call is connected to the car via Bluetooth and the driver's door opens. The ownership rep seemed to think there was no way to unlink that behavior from any other case when the door opens. Doesn't seem right to me, but you never know how the software is structured.

I still have 1.19.29. So my audio still mutes when I open the door.

It may be my fault: sorry! I had Ownership write up my request that the audio not be muted when a phone call is connected to the car via Bluetooth and the driver's door opens. The ownership rep seemed to think there was no way to unlink that behavior from any other case when the door opens. Doesn't seem right to me, but you never know how the software is structured.

I still have 1.19.29. So my audio still mutes when I open the door.

ah, i c. so you can open the door and lounge while finishing a phone call.. yes, i'd want that too i suppose... can't that be separate from music? hm, as you say, never know how it's structured... hope they can accommodate both features actually...

I never understood why the audio turned down when the door opens. Can somebody explain? I would prefer that it remain at the selected volume.

I was surprised, but pleased, to discover the feature today. I think the intent is to protect you from blasting the neighbourhood when you get out of your car with Van Halen playing at 11, or something. :wink:

It is a courtesy to your environment...

I was surprised, but pleased, to discover the feature today. I think the intent is to protect you from blasting the neighbourhood when you get out of your car with Van Halen playing at 11, or something. :wink:

It is a courtesy to your environment...
. I suppose. I'm usually listening to a podcast, so the effect is to turn it down so I can barely hear it, but leave it playing. I'll probably just get used to hitting Pause.

. I suppose. I'm usually listening to a podcast, so the effect is to turn it down so I can barely hear it, but leave it playing. I'll probably just get used to hitting Pause.

Yes, I do the same when listening to an audio book, but for actual music (radio, iphone, whatever), It's a welcome feature. I suppose an option to simply pause when the door opens would also work.

I never understood why the audio turned down when the door opens. Can somebody explain? I would prefer that it remain at the selected volume.

Probably so that your car doesn't sound like it belongs to a high school kid when you open the door to let a passenger in. Also you're likely to be talking to someone as they enter or exit the car and listening-level music is hard to talk around.

Has any signature owner here not gotten 4.0 or 4.1? My parents are throwing a Tesla party and inviting a bunch of people over today since I'm here to see the car and was hoping to have the auto-extending handles. Tried to get them to push the update but no go. Seems odd that all new cars have it and even new cars that don't have it seem to get the update immediately but they can't update all the Sigs and early production cars as well. Guess it will happen eventually.