Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need more easter eggs. Keeps
The Right Scroll button to vent the sunroof is TOO sensitive. If you just bump the wheel when turning or other activity that might cause you to bump the button, the sunroof opens to the vent position. So, a little longer press required but not so long that it confuses the press and hold to change what is on the right side of the screen.
I agree, used to happen to me all the time, but if you press down long enough you can change which feature the scroll controls

• Informative
Reactions: markn455
+1 for multiple waypoints.

A very small, yet valuable-to-me feature: when streaming music or podcasts from a phone, I would love for a timeline to be shown for those tracks as it does for music from Slacker. This is especially useful for podcasts, as currently there is no way to see how much time is left for the track.

FIX THE MEDIA PLAYER

Starting with gapless playback so Pink Floyd's The Wall doesn't stutter between tracks.

But there's a huge list of other bugs.

I've developed total disrespect for Tesla's software engineering team because they apparently cannot implement, after 4 years, features which are present on a cassette tape player.

Losers.
Put me in charge of the team and I'd get it fixed in less than 4 years.

FIX THE MEDIA PLAYER

Starting with gapless playback so Pink Floyd's The Wall doesn't stutter between tracks.

I've developed total disrespect for Tesla's software engineering team because they apparently cannot implement, after 4 years, features which are present on a cassette tape player.

Losers.
As far as I am concerned, You're Hired!

Not sure if this should go here, or in the app thread, but putting it here anyway.

I keep my car in power saving mode to reduce vampire drain. This results in slow to connect mobile app performance, and often the app displays info that is days or weeks old (from when I last looked on the app). A simple change would be when the car is parked, driver gets out, closes door, and right before the car turns off, the car could push it's current status (location, SoC, temp, etc.) to the Tesla servers/mobile app so you always have (semi) updated status info reflecting when you last used the car. Might make the app a little more useful/polished to have more up-to-date info.

FIX THE MEDIA PLAYER

Losers.
What I do with loaners now.....
IMG_20170504_165938_01.jpg

Here's one that should be easy to fix... and yet.
Stop wifi from pointlessly trying to connect to a net for which it does not have the password. If my car is parked anywhere were it might pick up a tiny signal from some random wifi it'll sit there and not switch to LTE, effectively blocking my remote app goodness from working. I would have to turn off wifi every time I exit the vehicle as it resets that setting every time I start the car.