Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because of all the Autopark accidents lately I would like to propose a change request for the way that Auto Park works.

In my previous BMW, in order to autopark you will have to keep brake pressed, switch to reverse then slowly release brake and see what the car is doing.

Your foot had to always be on the brake and just release it bit by bit (dose it off) and see what the car is doing (the steering was fully automated). If you feel the car goes on a collision path, just press the brake harder and it stops for the moment, you can check your surroundings/mirrors/etc and if all is ok you can slowly release the brake again and the car will keep continuing on the same path.

I am not using the autopark in my Tesla just because I don’t trust it not having my foot on the brake, as soon as I touch the brake it cancels the parking maneuver (very counter intuitive).

By always having to keep your foot slightly on the brake during autopark you get the following:

- No more hitting the accelerator by mistake (your foot is always busy dosing the brake)
- Having the chance to slow down or stop without canceling the maneuver (if you think something is wrong or someone walks around your car for example)
- Feeling more in control but not having to figure out the right parking path yourself

My wife has been using the autopark in the BMW almost daily for the last 4 years without incidents, so hats off to BMW for properly implementing the autopark function in their cars

The Right Scroll button to vent the sunroof is TOO sensitive. If you just bump the wheel when turning or other activity that might cause you to bump the button, the sunroof opens to the vent position. So, a little longer press required but not so long that it confuses the press and hold to change what is on the right side of the screen.

Number one for me would be heated seat(s) and steering wheel added to the app for pre-heating.

#2 would be "Normal" or "Eco" mode for Performance models in addition to "Sport" and "Insane/Ludicrous" modes - something with a softer throttle response similar to when you can simulate a 60D from the Tesla screen but located with the driving modes not as a hidden screen option.

I'd like three user-defined soft buttons that stay on the bottom of the screen at all times. They could be defined for steering wheel/seat heaters, a radio preset, sunroof, or whatever else the driver might want.
By having user defined soft buttons, we could have quick access to whatever the individual driver deems important.

I'd also like to control in-vehicle functions by voice. My Subaru can do this ("Increase temperature." "Lower fan to two." "Play 88.5 FM" " Lower the volume."), so I'd hope our Tesla would be able to soon, too. For the Tesla, we could throw in "turn on driver seat heater," "open the sunroof," etc.

Personality!
We name our cars. Mine is Nicky Tesla. I want to say "Hey Nicky" for voice control. This is easy enough if the car asks "what do you want to name me" or "how is that pronounced" when you type in the name. We have to train the car to recognize the name.
After 'Hey Nicky" comes personality - Siri and Cortana have personalities. We just need some questions like "Do you love me?", "What did the fox say", "Who's your daddy?", etc. Unanswered questions can be forwarded to Tesla for answers as the programmers have time. Or Nicky might say "I don't know, what do you think?" and record the answer which goes to the answers database to be released after review.

I have not read all the pages, searching did not find this one.

Ok this is a pet peeve of mine for the last two years with my Model S. I have wifi at the house to support faster downloads/map syncs/etc. and it works fine. But when driving around the car will frequently find wifi hot spots and try to log into them, and usually fails of course. The car will not give up trying though and will not go over to its perfectly functioning LTE network option. In order to get networking back for streaming music or maps I have to manually turn off wifi. Very annoying. Am I missing something?

• Funny
Reactions: 100%power
Few things seem missing
a/ Capability to pre set charging periods for chargers at certain GPS location : this would allow to adapt to specific peak/off peak energy tariffs at my houses or at friends'
b/ Capability to access to a relevant set of apps : Waze, chargemap or other car sharing ones for instance
c/ Have more statistics on one's driving habbit than the last 50kms. Be able to distinguish consumption per season and mileage to check one's performance and quality of ecodriving. Ideally we should be able to benchmarch one's ecodriving to the other Tesla drivers

Few things seem missing
a/ Capability to pre set charging periods for chargers at certain GPS location : this would allow to adapt to specific peak/off peak energy tariffs at my houses or at friends'
b/ Capability to access to a relevant set of apps : Waze, chargemap or other car sharing ones for instance
c/ Have more statistics on one's driving habbit than the last 50kms. Be able to distinguish consumption per season and mileage to check one's performance and quality of ecodriving. Ideally we should be able to benchmarch one's ecodriving to the other Tesla drivers
Checkout dashboard for Tesla on the play store for number A.