Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought that was a suggestion on here that took on a life of its own.

Model S Prototype
...I asked about the charge port. The victim of my queries admitted that he knew where the port was going, but they weren't allowed to say yet. I guess they want to make a big announcement at some point. He did confirm that it was a proprietary connector, but he promised that "I would really like it". He said that J1772 doesn't support enough current for the fast charge capability. He did say the plug adapters would actually be adapter modules rather than cables -- that sounds very promising...

Turn Radius?

ba-tesla27_0503679295.jpg

The Roadster might have a problem with that radius.

I went down to Santana Row today and took some pictures of the chassis on display. If you are local, go take a look - very interesting and different from other car designs, of course.

View attachment 2441

View attachment 2442

View attachment 2443

View attachment 2444

View attachment 2445

View attachment 2446

View attachment 2447

View attachment 2448

View attachment 2449

View attachment 2450

Cool pics, thanks for posting. I wish I could see an ICE frame side-by-side for a good comparison of extra space. Easy to see this without seats and such and think "ooooh spacious!"

There was a red roadster sitting there in the Santana Row showroom next to the Model S shell. But there were 2-3 guys talking with everyone about the Model S and providing technical info about 160/230/300 miles per charge and the price starting at $57K.