Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Structural Failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe consultation from a body shop instead? I know your concern is probably related to keeping this a warranty repair but they might have some ideas around metal repair and panel fit.

I was thinking the same. Before burning bridges, going public..... Get someone like aaa or AA or independent professional assessor to prepare independent report.

Once you go media route, it's hard to rethink the strategy.

Right now it’s the equivalent of not even having a warranty. Complete radio silence. There’s nobody in corporate, not even a regional representative. Excuse my grotesque words, but the purchase experience is a slow rape, and the service experience is an abortion. I couldn’t say this more eloquently.

• Disagree
Reactions: drklain
Right now it’s the equivalent of not even having a warranty. Complete radio silence. There’s nobody in corporate, not even a regional representative. Excuse my grotesque words, but the purchase experience is a slow rape, and the service experience is an abortion. I couldn’t say this more eloquently.

Did you buy this used from Tesla? And are you the one diagnosing the root cause of this? And if so, what is your background?

CPO, lightly driven and just reached out to the previous owner, received some very troubling information. I’ll inform the forum after Tesla is notified accordingly. Not good! Non invasive viewing by a qualified professional.

Brought this to the SC again. They acknowledged an issue, but don’t know how to address........UNACCEPTABLE!! Perhaps the NY State Attorney General will advise Tesla accordingly. What a dirty experience! Warranty is useless. No different than buying Tesla on East Tremont Avenue.

Attachments

• 2D26AF83-EB1A-4044-B02E-68CE2FF4460F.jpeg
    2D26AF83-EB1A-4044-B02E-68CE2FF4460F.jpeg
    531.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 367FB847-5EA9-4020-943C-20567F8A697C.jpeg
    367FB847-5EA9-4020-943C-20567F8A697C.jpeg
    550.4 KB · Views: 58
CPO, lightly driven and just reached out to the previous owner, received some very troubling information. I’ll inform the forum after Tesla is notified accordingly. Not good! Non invasive viewing by a qualified professional.

OK, now this makes more sense. My guess is that you bought an accident car and it was never disclosed.

Reactions: aerodyne and gavine
Oh, if yo think the service center is going to agree to fix it you will be dead before that happens. The only way I got my sw problem fixed was calling it in every month. I had 6 trouble tickets. It got fixed last week with sw update. The guy at SC lied the 3 times I went in. They even accused me of installing under belly pan wrong, I had pictures of it on their lift. Service has become a joke. The attitude of the service centers has changed dramatically in last 4 years. January 2017 I went in several times, they were great, fixed problems, I paid for repair.
Now they lie, cheat and steal. Richmond said my port was bad. NO it's not. They changed it, it was not bad. The sw was corrupted somehow. Took 2 days to figure it out. The SC are getting really bad reviews on here.

Brought this to the SC again. They acknowledged an issue, but don’t know how to address........UNACCEPTABLE!! Perhaps the NY State Attorney General will advise Tesla accordingly. What a dirty experience! Warranty is useless. No different than buying Tesla on East Tremont Avenue.
This all ties in with your original posts.

I wouldn't waste more time talking. Time to make a full statement through legal counsel with expert opinion and everything that's happened to vehicle since you bought it.

Still not clear, did you buy directly from Tesla or a 3rd party? Makes all the difference who you will then be dealing with.