Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S subsite and design studio being updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something changed on the site. I ordered online (via Tesla store Natick) and was able to make a change the next day using the "Edit Design" button (added paint armor). After that, the button changed to "View Design" and no changes were possilble (online anyways).

The main status label has always said: "We will release your order to the factory on April 19, 2013"

Today, the button changed to a "Design" allowing me to make changes. Under the design studio, there's a button labeled "Done" and under that it says: "The Tesla Factory is ready to build your Model S".

I'm guessing this is the famous button that allows us to skip the 2 week waiting period.

I've got a spare. My thinking is that if my UMC craps out or gets stolen my car is a really expensive decorative item until I can get another one.

Well, it also means that you don't have to unplug it from the wall when going on trips. But really the spare in case of failure is the important reason.

I've got a spare. My thinking is that if my UMC craps out or gets stolen my car is a really expensive decorative item until I can get another one.
True, but it's just one of a series of single point of failure. The UMC could fail. The charge port itself could have a problem. The onboard charger could fail. $650 seems like a lot to pay for insurance for only 1 of multiple points of possible failure. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether the UMC is the likely point of failure or not.

range.JPG

I don't see enough reason to buy a spare cable. I leave the UMC that came with the car at home plugged in the wall and keep the J1772 adaptor in the glove box for use at CargePoint stations.

My assumption is that you'll want to charge at the quicker RV parks' 50 amp chargers (up to 31 mph) rather than at the slow ChargePoint stations (up to 15 mph).