Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone in San Diego recommend a good window film installer in our fine city? I don't necessarily need to have Photosync or other material that requires a "certified" installer, but I would like good quality film installed by a good installer that pays attention to detail and preferably has experience with Teslas.

Hey FrankMan60, we offer both CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic and Photosync films and have alot of experience with the Model S. We've done well over 300 to date! Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Hey FrankMan60, we offer both CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic and Photosync films and have alot of experience with the Model S. We've done well over 300 to date! Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

I looked at your website and it appears that you specialize in paint correction, protection, and detailing. I didn't see any details on window film or photos of Teslas with window film. Have you actually applied window film on over 300 Teslas?

I just got my CPO Model S a week ago and I already got my windows tinted. I ended up going with Llumar CTX 15% on all the windows (except the windshield) and then the Llumar Air 80 on the windshield. It has been over 100 degrees in Tampa, FL and I haven't had to go above 4 on the AC. It really keep the car MUCH cooler on the inside. Also, I went with the 15% on the sides and back windows instead of the 5% limo tint because of night vision. I can see everything very well.

I really like the tint because it has a great grey hue and doesn't distort colors and keeps the glare away. Only paid $380 for the entire car to be done. It was a steal. I used SOS Tint in Clearwater, FL. The owner is named Seth. Pretty nice guy.

Hello Clint E - im waiting for my CPO P85+ and would like to get the window done. Im in Palm Beach Co, FL and wondering if you had your MS done in the area - and can recommend a shop. thx!

I have used Florida Window Tinting in Lake Park for about 10 of my cars, mostly BMWs. When my CPO 2013 P85 is delivered, it's going there. Here's the website. Lake Park, FL Window Tinting Service | Window Tinting 33403 | Florida Window Tinting

The owner is Marlon. He uses a computer controlled cutting machine. No razor blades necessary. I highly recommend the clear UV film for the front window. It would probably run about $300.

There seem to be a lot of good window film businesses in Florida that are recommended by Tesla owners on this forum. Surely someone on this forum who lives in San Diego has had an an excellent experience with an installer in San Diego?

I live in San Diego and had my windows tinted with Photosync. Highly recommend it. You're welcome to come see my car anytime if you want to take a look at it.

I think tinting the pano roof is dependent on a few things - individual sun tolerance, local climate, and how annoyed you get when you get into a car that is 100F+. Honestly I would have been ok not even having a pano roof but it came with the car so tinting it was a must... I may even get the screen.

If your tinter is close then maybe try it without...if you feel you need the tinting then just add it later?

We recently installed 40% 3M Crystalline window tint and did paint correction/ ceramic coating on our clients Model S. We are located in Hawthorne CA right next to Space X and the design studio/Supercharge for anyone in the LA/Socal area

_DSC8172.JPG

• Love
Reactions: jobiggs24
Photo sync seems like a terrific solution for the Texas summer heat but I hear it only goes to 35% and that is too light for my liking on a black Tesla.

I am in Texas though and they have laws for the front windows so I may have to settle for 35% and I like a clean, consistent look and not like 20% on the back windows and then 35% on the fronts as it looks pretty messy imo.

Photo sync seems like a terrific solution for the Texas summer heat but I hear it only goes to 35% and that is too light for my liking on a black Tesla.

I am in Texas though and they have laws for the front windows so I may have to settle for 35% and I like a clean, consistent look and not like 20% on the back windows and then 35% on the fronts as it looks pretty messy imo.

35 is pretty dark. Remember that it gets darker in the sunlight as well.

Yet seeing out of it day and night from inside is not negatively affected at all.

Consider 35 all around, including for the pano panels, and 75 for the windshield.

The windshield tint, while all but invisible, makes a marked difference for glare reduction.

Odds are I'll get it again for the next chariot in exactly that configuration.

Reactions: Cnasty
35 is pretty dark. Remember that it gets darker in the sunlight as well.

Yet seeing out of it day and night from inside is not negatively affected at all.

Consider 35 all around, including for the pano panels, and 75 for the windshield.

The windshield tint, while all but invisible, makes a marked difference for glare reduction.

Odds are I'll get it again for the next chariot in exactly that configuration.

I am not sure pictures do it justice as well just how dark 35% is for Photosync so that may be a factor.

In looking at some of the black S's in this thread it doesn't look dark at all but that may be because of the angle or something along those lines.