Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my S two weeks ago and had tint and 3M clear bra installed last weekend. The tint is 35% on all windows and the clear bra was a full hood wrap, front quarter panels, mirrors, bumper and the edges of each door. The job was so good that I thought they had forgotten to do the clear bra! I have used this shop (in Beaverton, Oregon) for years and I'm always impressed with their quality (and cost, windows and rear were under $275 and the 3M clear bra was under $1,175). Sorry for the cell phone pics...in the garage, but it's better than nothing.View attachment 17006View attachment 17007

Hi Gpounder, I am in Beaverton as well, looking at getting it done. Who did you use?

I used Apex Auto Spa. I have used them for years on various cars and they have always done a fantastic job. Mention my name, Grayson, and they should give you the same pricing (which was actually a little lower, but I didn't have my invoice handy when I made my post). Ask for the owner, John. The tint is fantastic, but the full hood and quarter panel clear bra is amazing. I was really worried about lines (due to the white paint), but its completely invisible. They did a top notch job!

Tesla also paid for my detail job (My S had not been detailed when I picked it up).

I got my tint done at Auto Image in Belmont last week and will be there this Thursday to get a clear bra put on as we'll as carbon fiber on the rear diffuser. Feel free to let me know if you want to meet and check out the quality of the work

- - - Updated - - -

Another pic of my car is on their site http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/auto-image-window-tinting-belmont?selected=neJsVYj_Z6ll4wcuzMGcxA#neJsVYj_Z6ll4wcuzMGcxA

you car looks great...thinking about tinting. will call autoimage in Belmont.

My S after her first bath, with Formula One Pinnacle ceramic tint. Dark in the back, medium in the front, which I think is 15/35 but not really sure. I'll have better pictures later, here's what the iPhone shows:

IMG_0700.jpg

Huper Optic Ceramic Tint

I've generally gotten Huper Optic Ceramic Tint on my cars and was planning to do the same on the S. Anybody installed HO on theirs yet? Any issues with the car recognizing the key? Any issues with EZ Pass / Fastpass / Fastlane (outside of the usual S issues with it anyways)?

I've generally gotten Huper Optic Ceramic Tint on my cars and was planning to do the same on the S. Anybody installed HO on theirs yet? Any issues with the car recognizing the key? Any issues with EZ Pass / Fastpass / Fastlane (outside of the usual S issues with it anyways)?

Yup, I got H.O. Ceramic on all the windows, except the windshield. I love it. No haze, bluish discoloration, with excellent optical clarity. No receptions issues at all. I'm considering getting the windshield done as well, down the road. Do any of your cars have the windshield tinted?

Last edited: