Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations @Kincaid !!!! Our long waits are over...Less than 48 hours for me until pick up.

The car does not currently come with the rear trunk floor panel. It will arrive later. I have attached a photo of the trunk cavity without the covering panel. Is it a bit "basic"? Yes. Should anyone care? No. It is of no consequence, and the multi tiered storage is a superb design feature.

The 30 minute mini train tour of the gigantic factory given to those of us picking up the car in Fremont was wonderful. That's followed by a 30 minute video presentation, question and answer, done by a Tesla representative intended to explain how to use the controls on the screen and basic fundamentals on control of the car. Be prepared to listen intently and then spend an hour (days) when you get home figuring it all out on your own. The drive home was an exceptional pleasure. The car drives, handles, and feels better than any car I have ever driven. The acceleration? Amazing. The cornering? Amazing. The suspension and road handling? Amazing. It does not even slightly feel like a car or drive like a car. It feels like a Tesla and drives like a Tesla. I think the fundamental factor that gives the car such a solid. monumentally stable, feel as it moves along the road, at any speed, is the paradigm shifting design of having the heaviest component of the car, the battery pack, at the very bottom and entire length of the middle of the car, instead of stuck up in the air at the front of the car. After driving a Tesla, no one will be able to tolerate a reciprocating piston gas engine mounted in front of them ever again.

As for the issue of waiting so long for the 5 seat configuration? It was completely worth the wait. The cargo capacity of the floor with the rear seats folded down, combined with the storage compartments underneath, make this a true gem of an SUV.

Attachments

• IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    385.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2347.JPG
    IMG_2347.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG
    365.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2369.JPG
    IMG_2369.JPG
    529.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2371.JPG
    IMG_2371.JPG
    501.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2372.JPG
    IMG_2372.JPG
    382.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2373.JPG
    IMG_2373.JPG
    418.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    438.4 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
This makes it sound like the attractiveness of the rear seats far outweighs the following:
  • electric drivetrain
  • supercharger network
  • autopilot features
  • connected control via app
  • neat features such as summon
  • autopark
  • incredible speed
  • clean, modern design
  • excellent dash and touchscreen UI
  • free LTE connection
  • etc
Your not called Pedantic for nothing

Reactions: PedanticOne
Here are my 5 seater pics. You will notice a cavity directly behind the seats. Tesla is sending to me the platform cover for this cavity since the one shipped with the car was deemed not of high enough quality. Not sure of others have had the same issue.

Thanks to all the 5-ers who have contributed so far.

While we're awaiting ours, could someone look into the seats' anchors under the carpeting to provide a first impression on what it would take to extract the bench completely?

For our purposes, that 3-seat bench is for occasional, short-to mid-distance use only, other than by Aurora & Borealis, and unlike some children...or adults...they know when to Sit! and Stay! without complaining how the seats feel.

Thanks to all the 5-ers who have contributed so far.

While we're awaiting ours, could someone look into the seats' anchors under the carpeting to provide a first impression on what it would take to extract the bench completely?

For our purposes, that 3-seat bench is for occasional, short-to mid-distance use only, other than by Aurora & Borealis, and unlike some children...or adults...they know when to Sit! and Stay! without complaining how the seats feel.
A 2-seater P100D? I hope to see some dragstrip videos soon.