Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go... IMG_2276.jpeg IMG_2225.JPG

Can someone post a side view of the rear bench but standing back enough so the whole car is in view? I can't seem to find a photo of this anywhere.
What is it that you're trying to find out? From the photos I've seen, the back of the seat is about even with the rear edge of the FWD opening. If you can give some guidance on what you want, it would be easier to take the photo.

Here are a couple of pictures of the piece which is behind my 2nd row seats. I haven't seen it in any other picture. Sorry about the weird angles but I didn't want to take the car out of the garage. The piece measures 2' wide. The view is from the drivers side passenger door.View attachment 207725

Thanks for the photo, beths11. Is it removable or permanently attached? Just curious. If you have a chance, it would be great if you could also post a photo of it taken from the rear of the car. Sorry to keep imposing on you, but you're the only person that has mentioned this partition.

What is it that you're trying to find out? From the photos I've seen, the back of the seat is about even with the rear edge of the FWD opening. If you can give some guidance on what you want, it would be easier to take the photo.

I wanted that side view because I want to see if the seats are as elegant as the six seater from the side. After seeing the photo, it doesn't look quite as nice, but also jot as bad as I thought. The seat posts aren't noticeable at all.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
I don't know what to make of this. I had hoped that after beths11 got the delivery on Dec 22 with both the forward floor panel and the support partition, that Tesla had caught up and all X's coming out to the factory after that car would now be complete. But I just read on the Tesla forum that someone got their delivery at the Freemont factory on Dec 24 that still didn't have the forward floor panel. Don't know yet whether they got the support partition.

Are they still not able to keep enough panels in stock and keep running out of them? If that's the case, then it will be pot luck whether the factory happens to have them when our particular car is ready for it. You'd think by now they would have it together.

I don't know what to make of this. I had hoped that after beths11 got the delivery on Dec 22 with both the forward floor panel and the support partition, that Tesla had caught up and all X's coming out to the factory after that car would now be complete. But I just read on the Tesla forum that someone got their delivery at the Freemont factory on Dec 24 that still didn't have the forward floor panel. Don't know yet whether they got the support partition.

Are they still not able to keep enough panels in stock and keep running out of them? If that's the case, then it will be pot luck whether the factory happens to have them when our particular car is ready for it. You'd think by now they would have it together.
People are very anxious to get their cars before year end. Those that could delay have. So, It's not a make or break part of the car. Get the cars shipped and in the customers hands and put the simple barrier and shelf piece in by end of Jan when all has calmed down a bit. I got lucky, but I would have been ok getting the car with "parts promised." I see you joined beginning of Dec. All summer cars were delivered without the promised "sunshade" Just ask "the sunshade king". It was put on the due bill and the factory caught up some months later and everyone got their sunshade. It just happens..

I've participated in the thread as well, but like @rainforest and his quest (now satisfied) for the side view of the seat, I want to see what that partition looks like from the rear of the vehicle. Plenty of photos of the bench seat from the back, but none with that partition in place.

I agree. I just wanted to answer the permanence question and provide a source link, since beths11 had not posted that here.

So, picked up my car last week and haven't really fallen in love yet. Went to put five passengers in for the first time on X-mas day for the obligatory holiday movie outing and oops, my rear seats on not secure? Everyone back out. Inspect. I can't for the life of me feel or see anything that looks insecure so off we go but this is what is on my dash. SCARY! Anyone? Advice? Anyone actually try to drive with passengers yet?
IMG_4823.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
^ Thank you for sharing. I wonder if that is a buggy message leftover from 6/7 seater Model X with moving second row... or if the five seater has recognition for unlocked folding seatbacks and is getting a false report in this case?

At least one other person said that Tesla told them that they were aware of the problem and it would be fixed in a software update.

Headroom in the middle seat is excellent. I am 6'1" and it was fine. There is a 'software' issue with the back seats at the moment when sitting on either side the center seat. An alert is displayed on the dash stating that the seat is 'unsecured'. Tesla told me they are aware of it and to expect an update soon.
Looks like the Tesla update last night corrected the unsecured back seat issue on my 5 seater. The Model X Christmas 'Easter Egg' is a blast. This also came in the update last night. Give it a try.

@beths11 If you could take a picture of the trunk in lowest posision also, I have not seen this in pictures yet, I mean a picture were the floor behind the seats are taken out and the other lowered to the lowest posision.

Until now I have only see this in upper posision or taken out:)