Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha...no, didn't get the sunshades. I asked about them and was told they will be sent to me once they have them in stock. As for pics, I was waiting until I get the car detailed and clear-bra'd next week. It was near spotless when I picked it up, but it was a busy day after driving it off yesterday at 3pm, and she's already picked up a fair amount of bugs and mud splashes, not the way I'd want to introduce her to the forum.

Once o do the wash and detail, I'll have the chance to really notice any paint issues. On initial, more cursory inspection, nothing of significance was found paint-wise. There is one door panel that is off by more than what I would consider acceptable so I pointed it out and they will correct it once I give the full look and put together a punch list. But it's a small thing, and operationally, it's been wonderful. Put 130 miles on it already.

Let's not confuse that there are two, somewhat related situations going on here IMHO.
  • Tesla's communications sucks and I agree with Bonnie that John McNeill appears to be doing better for them for the past few months but has a long way to go. They get a D+ here in my book where they should easily get an A.
  • The rear seat issue is probably causing most of the current delays. They have to get 2700 seats made, delivered and installed ASAP to satisfy not only cars in production but also cars that have been delivered. If I was a lawyer, and thankfully I am not, I would recommend that they concentrate on delivered cars first to remove a possible safety issue and liability. But I have no idea if that is what is going on, but besides the point, 2700 seats is a lot to process. Please be patient.

Let's not confuse that there are two, somewhat related situations going on here IMHO.
  • Tesla's communications sucks and I agree with Bonnie that John McNeill appears to be doing better for them for the past few months but has a long way to go. They get a D+ here in my book where they should easily get an A.
  • The rear seat issue is probably causing most of the current delays. They have to get 2700 seats made, delivered and installed ASAP to satisfy not only cars in production but also cars that have been delivered. If I was a lawyer, and thankfully I am not, I would recommend that they concentrate on delivered cars first to remove a possible safety issue and liability. But I have no idea if that is what is going on, but besides the point, 2700 seats is a lot to process. Please be patient.
Don't forget that there is also a delay for US orders due to them (likely) producing the first of the EU Sigs. They are getting delivery estimates of July which would make sense considering the transportation time to get them across the pond.

Don't forget that there is also a delay for US orders due to them (likely) producing the first of the EU Sigs. They are getting delivery estimates of July which would make sense considering the transportation time to get them across the pond.
"These Americans keep complaining. Let's see what the Europeans think."

Sounds like an opportunity for the 5 seaters to be the next batch up in the production queue.
One would hope so, but it's like pushing an elevator button repetitively, nothing happens. The doors don't close faster and you don't go up or down faster. My pushing the refresh page umpteen times a day on my tesla doesn't change my RN to a VIN for a 90D 5 seater reserved 4/15 and confirmed 1/11/16. Kinda happy that VINs ahead of me allow the kinks to work out, but IDK if "mid-2016" delivery is really gonna happen for any 5 seaters. No one has a legit VIN for any version of 5 seats, no one. Either Fremont is at a crawl, engineers haven't figured out how to arrange the HVAC or electronics or cover for the missing 3rd row for 5 seaters, or we will be the first ones with the redesigned folding 2nd row.....naaa that aint gonna happen.

For those who have an estimated delivery window, can you show a screenshot of what the My Tesla page looks like? Preferably on mobile. Mine just has the VIN and says in the production queue. I want to know what it will look like once there's an update. Thanks!
BjNqLrg.jpg

Reactions: jeffaa
Woohoo! Yesterday I got an updated screen version of the above with the date range changing to April 26th-May5th. The DS called me today and schedule me for pickup on Thursday. Unbelievable.

On Friday, she had told me she was hopeful and myTesla page looked exactly like above with the March dates.

I will arrive early to do the checklist thing. They said to expect to be there for an hour after the scheduled pickup time.

DS said the fit and finish and reliability has gotten a lot better of the last few weeks. Smoke? We will see.

P90DL 51XX nonPUP blue and ultra with onyx (sans sunshade? @K-MTG)