Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think my spoiler squeaked once, but I am not certain. The car only made a loud noise for a few minutes and then went away never to return. I think it did happen when I got up to speed so it was probably the transition between low speed mode and cruise mode. Maybe your squeak will go away on it's own too.

I would not even think of opening the FWD's in that garage. Maybe on the lower setting but I would have someone standing by to hold the door just in case during your first trial. These low parking garages are going to be a deal killer for some, or perhaps a benefit to others. I can just see families state they will wait at the curb while you hoof it upstairs to get the car, all so they can protect your doors. :)

Took delivery this morning. We couldn't drive it before we signed the paperwork, but we were kindly driven around by a Tesla employee.

The spoiler squeaks and rattles something fierce on the highway, and also squeaks coming up and down, but that's a minor issue. The driver side chrome is off by 2mm but I expect that can be tweaked as well.

At work I almost opened the wrong FWD. Many downtown garages are FWD unfriendly (see photo) and I could easily have broken the glass.

Still, the car is mighty impressive, all told. Acceleration is killer and autopilot is better than expected.

Yikes, would not want to park in that garage ...

Reactions: GoTslaGo
VIN 32xx scheduled for delivery on Friday at 1:30pm in Scottsdale, AZ.

On a related note, I'm selling our MS to a local dealership that made a decent offer. It slightly exceeded the offer a Tesla made me even after compensating for any sales tax-difference benefits. (Kinda sad that Tesla's own offer is so lowball, if you ask me, but whatever, I'll take the offer from the local dealership)

So, i will be dropping that off to them on Friday morning. Are there instructions or a thread somewhere that explains what I should do to wipe the MS of all my personal info and settings? If so, can someone link it here? Thanks in advance!

Elon on Twitter in response to someone pointing him to a post on TMC:

@RealDarthBL We have amplified pre-delivery inspection to provide a stronger second layer of QA. Several parts being replaced as a result

Sounds like the reason for the slowdown in deliveries.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
@RealDarthBL We have amplified pre-delivery inspection to provide a stronger second layer of QA. Several parts being replaced as a result

Sounds like the reason for the slowdown in deliveries.

That, and presumably the recall. My car was supposed to be delivered 14 days ago when the recall happened. It had already cleared QC, but now it's held at the factory until the replacement parts for the 3rd row seat arrive. it's from a 3rd party vendor, so who knows how long that will take.

I was scheduled for a Late April Early May delivery in Arizona.

I just got an email saying to expect it in mid June.

Vin 30XX 90D.

Sometimes "Tesla Time" really pisses me off. :(

@Blossom do you know if your car had entered production yet?
I was told my 49xx vin entered production last week by my DS and I should have an early-mid May delivery here in Atlanta.
Hoping I don't soon hear the news you just got as we were counting on the car for several road trips in May.

@Blossom do you know if your car had entered production yet?
I was told my 49xx vin entered production last week by my DS and I should have an early-mid May delivery here in Atlanta.
Hoping I don't soon hear the news you just got as we were counting on the car for several road trips in May.

I got somewhat vague information about if it was in production vs in the queue for production. The website always said it was in the queue but the DS sounded like it was in production. I assume it never made it to production.

Ours is the ultra white seats. One thing to point out with the ultra white seats is that there are 2 different materials used - one for the seats where you sit, and a different material / color is used for the areas between the seats (where the seats can rub against each other). It's partially visible in the middle seat of 2nd row.

Please post this picture as well if you can. I don't think you realize you are the first owner of the white seats non pup and how curious we are (lots of us). Please help satiate our curiosity of the seats appearance if it is perforated or not. My ds and everyone else (design center, factory, sales) said that the white WILL be perforated.

Please put us out of our misery :) .

Reactions: ssq
VIN 0935 delivered at Dania Beach yesterday. Kelly and Kyle did a great job all way around. Drove it the 110 miles back to Naples. Actually for most of the trip across Alligator Alley, she drove herself. No hands on the wheel. Great acceleration, great, comfortable ride, quiet. No issues with fit and trim. Took about 6 hrs to recharge at 48 AMPs. Promised another sun visor. Car is wider than other vehicles and about the same width as our GMC Sierra pickup, which we garage very carefully. Will need to do the same with MX. Went to dinner at local club. Valets parked the Tesla out front where they usually have Rolls and Bentleys. Valet said I made his day since he wanted to see one of these cars before the season ended. Day 1 of ownership couldn't have have higher marks!!

IMG_2107.JPG
IMG_2112.JPG

VIN 0935 delivered at Dania Beach yesterday. Kelly and Kyle did a great job all way around. Drove it the 110 miles back to Naples. Actually for most of the trip across Alligator Alley, she drove herself. No hands on the wheel. Great acceleration, great, comfortable ride, quiet. No issues with fit and trim. Took about 6 hrs to recharge at 48 AMPs. Promised another sun visor. Car is wider than other vehicles and about the same width as our GMC Sierra pickup, which we garage very carefully. Will need to do the same with MX. Went to dinner at local club. Valets parked the Tesla out front where they usually have Rolls and Bentleys. Valet said I made his day since he wanted to see one of these cars before the season ended. Day 1 of ownership couldn't have have higher marks!!
Congrats and great pictures....glad you make the trek in spring vs. summer.

btw: did you see any other X's in SC?