Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May 4th I received the infamous call from Tesla about sliding into a production slot to get my car by Q1 end. At that time, with 30,000 reservations this seemed like an awesome promise given most people weren't expecting vehicles until "late 2016". I was to forgo the 7 day wait to confirm. Feeling the pressure, I pulled the trigger on my soon to be P90DL and he confirmed it. Seemed crazy they would be able to pull it off.

Sure enough, there was no way that was happening as Mar 31 quickly approached. My car was finishing up production. We did end up scheduling pickup for the following Tuesday. I was excited and took the day off and got the wife to take time too. Got the car seat ready to pick up our new toy with our son.

Monday, I call to confirm and find out from a different DS associate that my appointment shouldn't have been scheduled as my car was still in production. My DS was out with an emergency. Had I not called, it would have been an awkward pickup.

Frustration, to say the least. I still am waiting and was told again today I'd likely not be receiving the car this week either. Anyone know how long production "typically" takes? Their time estimation was off by 100%. VIN#51XX

Of course I'd prefer a non problematic car but why make promises and use the high pressure technique to rush me into an order if you are that off of your timing estimates?

Arghhhh. All this extra time is allowing me to do is second guess my options as they release more info and delivery time estimates.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Long time lurker. First post since getting my S in 2013. Just got an email from my DS today. XP90D has entered production. Anticipated completion by end of the week, and then a week to ship to Texas. If all goes according to plan, should be taking delivery in 10 - 14 days (knocking on wood as I type this...).

VIN#35xx, XP90D, Midnight Silver, 20inch wheels, Black on black interior, all options but Ludicrous, Subzero, and Towing.

Frustration, to say the least. I still am waiting and was told again today I'd likely not be receiving the car this week either. Anyone know how long production "typically" takes? Their time estimation was off by 100%. VIN#51XX
You are probably stuck in the rear seatgate. Sounds like your car was produced, but now they have to find new seat backs for you so you slipped into the infamous 'holding zone'. Of course this is just a WAG.

Picked mine up today at the factory. Car was perfect as far as I could see. Drove it home to Rocklin using >90% autopilot -- I can't believe anyone would order without it! VIN# 027XX and configuration is in my signature.

Congrats!!!!!

Very happy to hear car was visually perfect. May I ask, did you use the checklist and find it useful when interacting with factory?

The SC is 110 miles from Naples, so not a quick trip back and forth. My guess is they want to make it as right as can be so neither us nor Tesla have to make many trips back and forth to service the car.

Please keep us apprised of progress (btw: agree with approach, will be mine as well....don't want to breakdown back to Naples...it's no mans' land on Alligator Alley.....)

Hi everyone...

I've been lurking for a while...never really post anything.

So let me say this...I'm not new to ordering a car and waiting and waiting and watiting. Invariably, something always delays the vehicle. I waited for my previous Audi RS5 after ordering...and I waited for my Charger Hellcat. It was hell...until I could finally drive the vehicle.

That being said...I don't understand something...and maybe someone can shed light on this. My good friend and I both ordered Model Xs. I pushed him and convinced him of how great the company and their product is.

I confirmed my vehicle in January...he did a FULL MONTH LATER.

Guess who took delivery yesterday?....yet I'm sitting here...and know nothing of my vehicle. The stupid mytesla website still says late april/may...but his website still said that SAME THING as they were still driving to pick up their x! obviously that's a useless estimate.

My DS as of last week says he sees nothing. Not in production...nothing.

There are only a few difference between our vehicles. I ordered the 22" rims and upgraded sound. That's it. He lives in Oregon and i live in Florida. while I understand delivery times will differ because of transportation times...how is it that he got his delivered and I'm sitting here with an order that apparently hasn't even gone into production?

So frustrating....any ideas?

Reactions: WilliamZ