Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get to pick up VIN 00056X tomorrow and that's a really early VIN.

Cool, you are about 100 Tesla's away from me. I am 57xx. Hopefully that means delivery soon for me but the last I was told is mid-May? When did your order confirm? What did you order? Also, please tell us if you get a sunshade and if the tint is adequate. Thanks!

Last edited:
Cool, you are about 100 Tesla's away from me. I am 57xx. Hopefully that means delivery soon for me but the last I was told is mid-May? When did your order confirm? What did you order? Also, please tell us if you get a sunshade and if the tint id adequate. Thanks!
Man, you need a sunshade, he's in the 5,XX vin, not in the 5,XXX

VIN 4035 (non-P, non-premium, 6-seat) tentatively confirmed for 4/30 delivery. No shipping manifest yet, so still potential that it could be delayed.
And, indeed, we're delayed without a new delivery date. When I contacted him yesterday, my DS said that our car is still in post production inspection in Fremont (has been for a week or more now). Moving to the May delivery thread.

• Informative
Reactions: BornToFly
On PUP, an owner can advise better. I suppose it would open as far as it can without hitting anything (when it works properly). Given that the sensors of the FWD are used for self presenting front doors, I wonder what happens when the FWD are already open and the key fob approaches the car.
Yes, but the front doors use sensors in the FWD as part of the algorithm to determine how far the doors should p-en/ so, if you are standmg in no way impeding the front door, and there is no obstacle there, but you are standing close to the FWD, then the door will still only open slightly ajar. You have to stand very far from the car and press the button for it to open wide.

If the fwd is already open, then the front door does in fact usually open wide, if no other obstacles.

Wow, that is a late delivery for such a early VIN

It was meant to be ready almost 3 weeks ago, but then the recall happened, and it was stuck in Fremont waiting for parts, and then waiting for the backlog. My DS was trying to get the X shipped to San Diego so the local SC can fix it there once they got their own shipment of parts, but by that point, Fremont had caught up and taken care of the 3rd row seats.

MyTesla still lists my delivery date as March 24 - March 31. So close...