Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess the existing new parts are not perfect enough?

Sounds about right. And I think it`s very important that Tesla doesn`t transfer work that should be done at the factory over to local service centers. Get it right from the beginning. Live with a few months additional delay and avoid bad press from problems with the car.
Yes the company/stock might take a hit when new gets out the X is even more delayed, but that`s totaly irrelevant in the long run. Reliability, service queues etc. are far worse problems for the image than delays in initial deliveries.

This is why I ordered another Model S instead of waiting for the X.

Elon said they were putting out around 250 cars a week as of Jan 1st. This is definitely not happening. Just reporting is all...
They've already said that they're doing "burst" production -- producing a bunch, then inspecting them all in detail and refining the produciton line based on it. At this point I suspect they did put out 250 cars for a week, and then stopped the production line for three weeks to inspect all the cars and retool.

They've already said that they're doing "burst" production -- producing a bunch, then inspecting them all in detail and refining the produciton line based on it. At this point I suspect they did put out 250 cars for a week, and then stopped the production line for three weeks to inspect all the cars and retool.

The data seems to support this. There are a lot of X's sitting at the final stage of production for many weeks.

Just got a call from my DS, my X is on it way to Houston. Vin 0023X range issued on 12/23/15. She said a week to get to Houston and another week in inspections and we can take delivery. For the record, I ordered a pearl white P90D with six seats, white interior, fully loaded except for ludicrous.

Just got word that my X is in "active production."

Reserved: 12/14/2014 (#14,853)
Ordered: 1/4/2016
Confirmed: 1/11/2016
VIN: 1/19/2016 (8XX)

My DS said the car will be ready "in the coming weeks". Being vague is actually better than concrete but blown dates ha ha. Still, I'm losing hope that I'll get the car in time to claim the California tax credit.

My DS said the car will be ready "in the coming weeks". Being vague is actually better than concrete but blown dates ha ha. Still, I'm losing hope that I'll get the car in time to claim the California tax credit.

Did you see the post about a contact with the CARB that stated it's not even final yet and if you have a contract (confirmed order), you are also set?

I doubt Tesla looked into your IRS filings to determine your income. It's easier to blanket all Cali buyers if, indeed, that's their motivation. More likely, they just want to run up easy-to-deliver cars before the end of the quarter.

Your talking about the $2500 credit? When does that tax credit end?