Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Goes Faster Than 155MPH!?!?

Has your Model X been effected by this fast? or faster?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see my video below of taking the car to top speed a couple times. I'm considering not putting the car in Max battery mode the next time i do this so that the battery doesn't get as warm and it over-clocks a bit faster? :D the only reason why i had to pull out at 157MPH was because i could see traffic coming up...

That looks fun, where did you do it.

• Disagree
Reactions: jmmp85d691hp
You can see my video below of taking the car to top speed a couple times. I'm considering not putting the car in Max battery mode the next time i do this so that the battery doesn't get as warm and it over-clocks a bit faster? :D the only reason why i had to pull out at 157MPH was because i could see traffic coming up...

What you have done is confess to a crime. We are all aware of people posting videos like this and then receiving a knock on the door from the police. WTF were you thinking?

Moderators, I request that you immediately remove this post! I also suggest that no one ever post videos like this unless they are on the Autobahn.

MHO

T

What an idiot. He must have such a low IQ that he thinks he will impress us that he can press a pedal down with his foot. Wow, aren't you cool? Can you really do that without breaking a sweat?

(Go to 3 minutes.)

He doesn't even realize that our loved ones are also on the road when he does his idiotic, mind blowing skill of pressing the pedal, trying to impress us. His arrest can't come fast enough for me.

I read a road sign recently that read:

"Mistakes happen. Your speed determines the outcome."

I have no concern with this bozo offing himself because of excessive speed -- but he's playing his stupid game on a public road with no concerns about the law or the safety of others.

I find it more excusable to do these sorts of things on motorcycles, because if you screw up, it'll really only affect yourself. But the video posted is quite reprehensible.

A Model X is 2.5 tons of death at 65 mph, and exponentially more so at 155 mph. If any of those vehicles passed had decided to change lanes, there would have been no time to slow down. In seconds, a family of five or seven could have been wiped out.

If you want to drive like that on public roads, get a motorcycle. And don't wear a helmet, so that you'll be more aware of the possible consequences.

I find it more excusable to do these sorts of things on motorcycles, because if you screw up, it'll really only affect yourself. But the video posted is quite reprehensible.

A Model X is 2.5 tons of death at 65 mph, and exponentially more so at 155 mph. If any of those vehicles passed had decided to change lanes, there would have been no time to slow down. In seconds, a family of five or seven could have been wiped out.

If you want to drive like that on public roads, get a motorcycle. And don't wear a helmet, so that you'll be more aware of the possible consequences.

Hey, wait...It is just as bad on a motorcycle. Driving like a lunatic and crashing in epic failure makes people dislike motorcyclists already. Plus the traffic jam caused by the impact.

I know coming over the top of turn one at Laguna Seca at 140 and finding someone accidently entering the track at 70 - sh$% happens fast and to some extent luck is more important than skill. 160 on a normal highway...no way.

The faster and cheaper vehicles become - the level of more money than talent keeps dropping.
assuming i have no talent. lol.

let's just say I've been through a few classes at the Mid-Ohio School at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course...voluntarily and at my own expense. There's a reason why it's called "most competitive road course in the United States".

this section of road was dry, bridge seams were ground down so no bounce on the transition, the pavement was impeccable, car was in "very low", and nobody was in the left lane for miles...and to all those bellyaching i'm sure you're a joy in the comments section on the autobahn videos all over YouTube...

but this is an open forum and opinions are allowed from all sides. :) i just find it interesting that there's been a couple that have done this based on the poll results above... ;)

I'm assuming you have no common sense. Especially since you were going 157mph while using one hand to hold your phone to record it.

What you did was reckless and irresponsible and incredibly stupid. I don't care about your life or your car — it's everybody else in the road. You were not on a closed course. At any point somebody could've pulled out in front of your because nobody glances at in their mirrors and expects that the car they just saw is approaching at more than twice the speed limit.

You know how "everybody else in the road is an idiot?" That was you. At least the Drag Times guys have the decency to race when the road is completely clear, not just one lane.

It doesn't matter whether you've done some training. It doesn't matter how clean the road is, how little traffic you see, or how smooth the bridge seams are.

This isn't the Autobahn, you're not a racecar driver, the Model X isn't a racecar. If I saw you on the road I would've immediately called the police because you were a hazard to everybody on the road.

14224733.jpg

.and to all those bellyaching i'm sure you're a joy in the comments section on the autobahn videos all over YouTube...

It's strange you use the word "bellyaching" since the only one here headed for that is you, in more ways than one.

If you did this on the autobahn, I would not have made my comments. The fact that you cannot see the difference between driving on the autobahn and driving on a US road makes you look even more foolish than you already do. You do realize people have the choice to drive the autobahn?

Six reasons why I never want to drive on the Autobahn again

You've left us with no choice. Our loved ones can potentially find you on any road in " 'murica " as you call it on your profile. If you were on the autobahn or a race track, more power to you. No laws would be broken and have fun. People on the autobahn know what to expect and the risks they take. That's also why we don't have something similar over here.

TO LAW ENFORCEMENT: he has told us that he will basically keep doing this when his own made-up list of conditions are met. We see no remorse at all -- but only the indication that this is what he does when conditions are right according to his own list. Now, if he says he won't do it again after this comment, it's only to avoid arrest. HE NEEDS TO BE ARRESTED AND STOPPED NOW BEFORE HE KILLS SOMEONE. THIS IS URGENT!

Someone posted a video like this in BC and it didn't take long for the police to come knocking and he was arrested and jailed. It may take a few days to get the disclosure order required for the IP address, if they can't find his name other ways, but they will be coming that's for certain. Just one glance at that video by the Magistrate and the order will issue for his name and address.

Anyone who recognizes the location please post it so I can advise the local authorities.

Sleep well OP.

Last edited:
I’m waiting for dash cam video from those he passed. Hopefully one or more caught a license plate. One car swerving into “his lane” and the fatalities would have been overwhelming.

Incredibly stupid. And with what looked like a young lady in the back seat, not to mention those around him? Amazing.

This is why we can’t have nice things. Software limiting speed around the corner...

Status
Not open for further replies.