Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty similar I think. Mine is basically fully optioned with the exception of P90D and the 7th seat. Tag from modelxtracker is below.

Indeed, very similarly configured. I have no idea how our locations (NJ vs. FL) factor into this equation, though there seems to be much speculation about this point. Let's hope the consistent information we're receiving isn't a rouge and that we'll both be driving our dream cars in July!

All, I have some good news to share. My DS told me early last week that "conservatively" I should expect my car late July/early August, possibly a bit earlier but assume these dates (I'm in the east coast keep in mind). He called me today about some unrelated question, and I asked about if he had any updates on production. He said nearly word for word the following:

"They are actually ahead of schedule by about a week producing the cars. I expect your car by early July, conservatively mid July now. There's a chance we might get it in the last few days of June but I'm not sure. Your car should enter production in 2-3 weeks."

2-3 weeks till production starts seems impossible to deliver by late June. However someone else on the forums with a VIN within 80 of mine said they were given a specific date of June 20th a week ago as their start date for production. Assuming mine was the same date and has since been pushed up a week to the 13th, the end of June IS possible even to the east coast, however I'm not holding my breath.

According to my DS I need to leave you guys and move over to the june delivery heres the email i received this morning after asking for updates

"You were feeling the vibes because your Tesla went into production and was completed in less than a week! Too soon for me to even take notice! It will be in transit soon and has an estimated arrival time sometime next week. Once it arrives, our service team will do a Pre Delivery Inspection to ensure all is good & we can schedule a definite delivery date and time!

So we can shoot for a potential delivery next week sometime. I will let you know once it arrives"

hopefully he is right ill be sure to video the delivery day events and post for you guys to see.

X90D white with white interior 6 seat VIN 7054 pick up in PA confirmed 4/26/16

According to my DS I need to leave you guys and move over to the june delivery heres the email i received this morning after asking for updates

"You were feeling the vibes because your Tesla went into production and was completed in less than a week! Too soon for me to even take notice! It will be in transit soon and has an estimated arrival time sometime next week. Once it arrives, our service team will do a Pre Delivery Inspection to ensure all is good & we can schedule a definite delivery date and time!

So we can shoot for a potential delivery next week sometime. I will let you know once it arrives"

hopefully he is right ill be sure to video the delivery day events and post for you guys to see.

Congratulations !!

Reactions: EV-lutioin

Congrats @Cutch26 ! My X90D is going to look similar to yours (Pearl White w/ White Interior), so I can't wait to see how yours will look. Also, what you were communicated is consistent with what I've heard from my Tesla DS as well as the store Manager...Production on the 6/7 seat 90D or P90Ds are progressing well now and delivery dates, while estimated when you order, are pretty much right on target (give or take a week or so). I'm hoping that my estimated delivery month of July is realistic, but still mentally prepared for August.

I think you are probably right about the cutoff. I read of another person's order confirming a day or two before mine and they got a VIN by the end of that week. *sigh* You are definitely right about the later deliveries having less issues to contend with, and I keep trying to remind myself of this! A little perspective is always good. ;)

Looks like I got my VIN today, so still hoping for a July delivery! :D
107xx

How do people usually get notified of their VINs? Through your DS or through My Tesla account...both? Also, how long after your order is confirmed do people get their VINs?

I noticed it was now showing up in my My Tesla account. I haven't gotten an e-mail or notification from my DS yet. How soon you get your VIN depends upon your configuration and what Tesla's internal plan is for manufacturing. Some people received VINs a few days after ordering, some weeks, and others months..

How do people usually get notified of their VINs? Through your DS or through My Tesla account...both? Also, how long after your order is confirmed do people get their VINs?
It shows up on your delivery page and your DS will usually reach out and introduce themselves at that time too. Most folks (OK maybe just the obsessive ones :confused::p) will notice the change on their My Tesla page first.

It took me a few days to get it after confirming. Some folks have waited months though. Now probably a week at most.

Well i just emailed my DS and wanted to change the color of my seats. car is set to go into production 6/13. he emailed me back and said i can not change anything as the car is in the final stages. So good news is it is almost done, bad news don't get to change color. how long does it take from final stage? I live next to the factory so transport shouldn't be an issue.

Well i just emailed my DS and wanted to change the color of my seats. car is set to go into production 6/13. he emailed me back and said i can not change anything as the car is in the final stages. So good news is it is almost done, bad news don't get to change color. how long does it take from final stage? I live next to the factory so transport shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry I can't answer your query, but I'm wondering if you'll share your VIN.

You'll get it before the end of June, expect a call end of this week maybe Monday. There will be a rush of deliveries in the next 3 weeks.

Sorry, don't know if this is a good thread to ask this question. A friend of mine was at the local store recently (San Diego, UTC) and was told a 2-3 month wait for NEW Model X reservations. I told him I thought that was unlikely, but that I'd ask in the forums what people thought. He was thinking of a 90D 6 seater.

Sorry, don't know if this is a good thread to ask this question. A friend of mine was at the local store recently (San Diego, UTC) and was told a 2-3 month wait for NEW Model X reservations. I told him I thought that was unlikely, but that I'd ask in the forums what people thought. He was thinking of a 90D 6 seater.

Not sure if you are thinking that seems like too short or too long a time, but that seems reasonable. The Design Studio currently shows August delivery for that model and 2.5 months is probably in the ballpark based on current trends.