Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Model X production run-rates are hitting benchmarks. In a tour led by VP of IR Jeff Evanson, commentary indicated that Model X production is ramping in line with Q2 expectations, and we found the tone incrementally more confident regarding potential further quality issues for X."

Interesting note by Pacific Crest after a recent factory visit. That doesn't particularly strike me as "flawless" Xs are being built like Musk said on the last conference call but I hope I'm wrong.

I confirmed mine in December (ordered in 2013). It arrived in Atlanta (Decatur SC) about June 1st. I saw my X today when I took my S in to get confirmed trade-in value and I could see quite a few little things they need to do.It has a lot of little things they are addressing. They say it will be another week, and I dont want it until all that little stuff is dealt with. I likely won't pick it up for 2 weeks since I will be traveling next week. I have had my model S for almost 4 years now (10/2012), so I am not overly impatient. Kind of surprised me how much stuff the SC has to do after the vehicle is delivered ... But, I realize that is all covered in many other threads so I won't dwell on that here.

Oh, and I am getting an estimate on garage door adjustments to make more room just to be safe since my measurements so it too close for my liking.

Reactions: omega731
AWESOME NEWS for X75!!!

I got a voicemail, an email, and a live conversation with my DS:
"I have some exciting news; your vehicle has been sequenced for production, and we are anticipating delivery in late June! We will have a better gauge on delivery timing once the vehicle enters production, and progresses."

In the voicemail he said I should be getting it before July 1st.

Are there any other X75s who got this update too?

I just received my VIN10XXX but no email. I was complaining to my DS yesterday that my 2+ year reservation and early jan confirmation of 75D 7 seater with everything but audio doesnt seem to have helped my place in line as she was estimating mid July to Aug delivery which used to be an end of June delivery.

I just received my VIN10XXX but no email. I was complaining to my DS yesterday that my 2+ year reservation and early jan confirmation of 75D 7 seater with everything but audio doesnt seem to have helped my place in line as she was estimating mid July to Aug delivery which used to be an end of June delivery.
Any chance you'd be willing to share that 3rd digit (10?XX). I know folks are curious how many hundreds we are into the 10,000's. Thanks! ;)

• Funny
Reactions: mtndrew1
Congrats! How was the inspection and experience? Any tips for the rest of us coming up in the near future?
I had my wife and two kids with me. It's not the best way to do it if you want to thoroughly review your car but I know my DS well enough to know that any issues I find in the next few days will be taken care of.
The only body alignment issue that I've seen is on the right rear corner of the trunk lid. It doesn't line up with the right rear quarter panel like the left side does. The right side is too high by about 1/4" or so. All of my seals around my windows look good but I haven't gone over it inch by inch yet.
Here's a few pics and a video of my daughter dancing to Taylor Swift
https://goo.gl/photos/yDzT3TW14HxPo1eo6

I am happy to report that Ice is safe and sound at home. My wife and kids had a blast at delivery and things so far looking good.

I only drove it for about ten miles today but it was love at first sight.

The best news so far is that the car fits quite comfortably in the garage with no modifications and all doors open fully.

A few iPhone pictures below.
IMG_0381.jpg
IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

I am happy to report that Ice is safe and sound at home. My wife and kids had a blast at delivery and things so far looking good.

I only drove it for about ten miles today but it was love at first sight.

The best news so far is that the car fits quite comfortably in the garage with no modifications and all doors open fully.

A few iPhone pictures below.View attachment 180091View attachment 180092
View attachment 180093
Looks beautiful!

If you don't mind, how tall are your garage rails? My DS let me know my MX should be delivered the week of June 20, so I'm nesting and getting the house ready for the new addition, and your rails look about the same height as mine. It should be quite an experience, since my wife is due to deliver our second daughter around the same time. So we're doubly nesting, I guess.

Reactions: mlouie23
Looks beautiful!

If you don't mind, how tall are your garage rails? My DS let me know my MX should be delivered the week of June 20, so I'm nesting and getting the house ready for the new addition, and your rails look about the same height as mine. It should be quite an experience, since my wife is due to deliver our second daughter around the same time. So we're doubly nesting, I guess.

Railings and motor are exactly 90". After reading some posts here I was afraid the doors would not open fully, but they did with a couple of inches to spare. Suspension is in the standard (low) setting.

Reactions: mlouie23
I'm continually hopeful that our DS is just trying to be conservative and manage expectations.

So, I too got some random, though interesting news today. My DS replied to my email inquiry from last week (I try to not overly bug the guy).

Car was ordered end of April and confirmed on May 4th (74XX). I was initially told production was expected to start end-ish May for an end of June-ish delivery.

DS told me today car is out of production and is going through final inspections/track testing and will be ready by this weekend for delivery. Sucky timing as I'm out of town for the week, so this will have to wait a few more days.

Model X P90D, Deep Blue Metallic, 22" Onyx Black, Black Leather Seats, Black HL, 6 Seat, AP, PUP, Air Suspension, vin 74xx. Confirmed 5/04 - SF Bay Area

So @ccutrer, indeed our DS continues to play it on the safe side.. I emailed him today about post above by @superfly320, asked him to see if Fremont could give us an update, considering the VIN and config that superfly320 has is so close to mine..

His reply was pretty much the same boiler plate... "Great question! Production timeframes have not changed, and we are still on track for production in Late late June. As discussed, I’m trying to get you behind the wheel before you trip on July 14th, but delivery is dependent on factory production times."

Can you hear Yoda saying "Patience young Padawan!"

I got the call and my model X will be ready this Friday.
Add more info..
----
XP90DL, Solid White, VIN# 54XX, Std 20" Wheels, Tan leather 7 seats, Autopilot, Premium upgrades package, Subzero Weather package.
Order conformed 3/19/16. Delivery schedule change log:[4/12/2016] Late April-May. [4/14/2016] Early-Mid May. [4/29/2016] Late May-early June.[6/4/2016] 75% done and ready in 2 weeks [6/8/2016] Scheduled to pickup on 6/10/16.
----

• Informative
Reactions: ksquared
just took delivery of 90D (36xx) yesterday. Production completed around mid May (took several weeks of train ride). Build plate says April 2016 manufacturing date, got lucky with active spoiler. Build quality is excellent, did not find any obvious issue (I did not look that closely either) and the car did not spend any QC time in service center either). I think model X is getting the ramp up nicely.

Just heard from my DS (Zach at Decatur, ATL). My X90D should be ready Tuesday. Hoping all the extra time addresses all of the issues. Car was ordered 1/12 and finished 5/2; shipped by rail to Atlanta.
Guess mine has a lot more issues than yours. Zach is my DS as well. Mine was ordered December and finished about the same time. It was probably delivered with yours. Mine has at least another week in the shop. No big deal, but still confuses me (and makes me a tad nervous ) that soooo much stuff has to be done at the SC. But, if I get it with no issues I will be happy. Mine is midnight metallic silver with black 22s. What color is yours? I will look for you.