Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with my DS here in Seattle. Delivery tentatively scheduled for the 25th. Woohoo! :eek::D:cool:

Might have been able to do it sooner but heading out of town next week and won't be back until the 23rd or 24th. :mad::(

Anyway, I'm happy to finally have an official "delivery month" thread to post in! Nothing like being an "end of quarter" rush delivery! :eek::rolleyes:;)
Update! Call this afternoon from DS in Seattle that my X is out of production and on it's way. Delivery could be as early as next Friday (the 17th). Of course I'm leaving town Tuesday and won't be back until the end of the following week. :eek::(

If not, it should be in the FAQ to not pay until, at a minimum, the car is physically at the service center.

In Utah at least, Tesla can't sell a new car directly to us. It has to be an out-of-state transaction and the car then trucked in. If we take delivery at the factory we have to pay CA tax (higher than UT) and we can't get that refunded.
The regular new car dealerships in UT have still been successful at lobbying the legislature to prevent changes to the law that would allow a manufacturer to sell direct to customers. They feel that if they allow it for Tesla, the other manufacturers will muscle in and undercut them. Personally I feel dealerships are a racket! I always feel like I have to take a large tube of KY when going into a regular dealership when to buy a car.. Far prefer the Tesla approach, the price is the price is the price, no ifs ands or buts!

The recent consession for Tesla is they now DO have a used car dealership license, even if they only stock used Teslas. Allows them to give test drives in a Tesla... Then if you want to order a new one, you can go to the configuration page on Teslamotors.com

Bad experience on my Model X P90D (RED) delivery (yet to get it !):

Booked with Deposit: 07/07/13 (P90D)
Studio / Ordered : 12/26/15
Build complete email: 3/11/16 (VIN 28xx)
Paid in full: 3/24/16
Scheduled pick up: 4/8/16
Email of delay: 4/7/16
Loaner from enterprise (Nissan altima): 5/12/16
Model S loaner: 5/26/16 (after complaining).

STILL NO DELIVERY AFTER 10 WEEKS OF KEEPING MY ENTIRE PAYMENT!

The DS is practically useless - never has information or is always saying 1-2 week away.
Last night he says "your car is scheduled for fixes tomorrow" - not sure I can even believe those emails anymore.

I don't think I have had this bad an experience with any purchases in my life!

As soon as I posted this bad experience, (just a coincidence) - I got the call from DS for pick up tomorrow at 4 PM at Fremont factory show room! Finally one truth out of so much mis-information for 2 months.

I am going to ask for some compensation in kind for keeping my money for 10 weeks! Should I ask for some accessories and/or activation of self present doors? Any suggestions? Will they even entertain such a demand?

Reactions: mlouie23
Trying out Advanced Mobile Detailing in downtown Miami. John will call me when his schedule frees up. Expecting call Monday. Planning on 4 days for Expel & OpticoatPro. Will let you know re: referral.
K
Also, give Brandon Hugh at Hugh's Detailing a call. When I went by his place (out near Tamiami airport) he had an X in his garage for a full Xpel body wrap - it was his 2nd X so far. Mine is scheduled for late next week - about a 4 to 6 day process.

• Informative
Reactions: ksquared
I just picked up my X (90D, Midnight Silver, 22" Onyx Black wheels, Fixed spoiler, 7 seat, black leather premium pkg, subzero) yesterday. Everything looked great except for mild driver side FWD misalignment. Not a big deal, but I emailed my DS to see if anything can be done. Has anyone dealt with this problem before? If so, what's my next step? Thanks for your wisdom.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    539 KB · Views: 61
Dunno, I don't have mine yet! But what I gather from others, yes, it will actually be titled either. MVPA or Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement in MyTesla. It definitely is not the Order Agreement that when you open says Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement at the top.

In fact, in my "My Tesla" pages, when I click on View Profile for my Model X, the documents at the bottom includes the one titled "Order Agreement". That document called "Order Agreement" IS in fact my Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. I believe they are in fact one and the same.. The images below are screen grabs of those sections of "My Tesla".. The first image is what I get when I click on "Order Agreement"
MVPA grab.jpg
My Tesla View Grab.jpg

I just received a confusing email from my DS. He said he was looking at my car going into production in the next two weeks with delivery at the end of June.

Umm, I'm assuming he meant July delivery. I know production is ramping up and all but I don't see it being built and delivered in less than a week. Lol.

Good thing I ordered my wall charger the other day.

In fact, in my "My Tesla" pages, when I click on View Profile for my Model X, the documents at the bottom includes the one titled "Order Agreement". That document called "Order Agreement" IS in fact my Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. I believe they are in fact one and the same.. The images below are screen grabs of those sections of "My Tesla".. The first image is what I get when I click on "Order Agreement"
View attachment 180430View attachment 180431
At this point, I'm thinking it depends on your state what your MVPA looks like. Most descriptions I've read describe a section on the second page with estimated delivery date and odometer reading. Some also describe 10s of pages of legaleze. But maybe in Utah we don't get that, cause we have to pay ahead of time?

That document called "Order Agreement" IS in fact my Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. I believe they are in fact one and the same.

I think it is a preliminary MVPA. The final MVPA will have your VIN and bank info if applicable. Received the following guidance from my DS:

"The final purchase agreement for Alliant will be generated once your Model X is in transport to the service center, approximately two weeks prior to delivery. I would advise you to re-apply once your Model X is in production."

I think it is a preliminary MVPA. The final MVPA will have your VIN and bank info if applicable. Received the following guidance from my DS:

"The final purchase agreement for Alliant will be generated once your Model X is in transport to the service center, approximately two weeks prior to delivery. I would advise you to re-apply once your Model X is in production."

Yeah except my car is being delivered next week and Alliant is requesting the MVPA...

Dunno, I don't have mine yet! But what I gather from others, yes, it will actually be titled either. MVPA or Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement in MyTesla. It definitely is not the Order Agreement that when you open says Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement at the top.
At this point, I'm thinking it depends on your state what your MVPA looks like. Most descriptions I've read describe a section on the second page with estimated delivery date and odometer reading. Some also describe 10s of pages of legaleze. But maybe in Utah we don't get that, cause we have to pay ahead of time?

Could indeed be state dependent. Isn't it sad, we are all reading tea leaves in the desperation to get our long awaited cars!

I just stopped by the local tesla showroom near Boston. They had a model x on display and said they got it in about this past Tuesday. The VIN number was 6844. You all can calculate on your own, but assuming only 5 days in production and the bear minimum of 10 days transport than it could have been made the latest on May 23. Not sure if they're doing VINs out of order but it's interesting to see such a high number. It was a 7 seat pearl white, $134,000 was the cost of it but didn't see if it was a 90 or a P90. Also outside they had another new one with VIN 8207!

Last edited: