Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X March 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine on Dec 23, confirmed Dec 30 (Vin: 357XX) but changed to 100D on Jan 26 - Not in production, according to My Tesla page.

But, is anyone concerned about our vehicles being built right after the assembly line pause and "retooling"? I'm concerned that this retooling will move things around in Tesla's already shaky production line and cause vehicles to have some or more issue as the early bilt Xs. I think refusing delivery and requesting rebuild if car shows issues similar to early builds would be justified.

What do you guys think?

MX 100D ordered 2/4/11, confirmed 2/11/17, in production 2/15/17.... VIN 42XXX
So excited... can't wait!!!
What's your config (seat-wise)? I wonder if they produce vehicle based on seat configurations.

MyTesla just changed from "March-Early April" to "Estimated Delivery Range: March 10, 2017 - March 24, 2017".

I am hoping to get out of production today (it will have been there a week) so I don't get caught up in the temporary shut down.

I ordered mine on Dec 23, confirmed Dec 30 (Vin: 357XX) but changed to 100D on Jan 26 - Not in production, according to My Tesla page.

But, is anyone concerned about our vehicles being built right after the assembly line pause and "retooling"? I'm concerned that this retooling will move things around in Tesla's already shaky production line and cause vehicles to have some or more issue as the early bilt Xs. I think refusing delivery and requesting rebuild if car shows issues similar to early builds would be justified.

What do you guys think?

What's your config (seat-wise)? I wonder if they produce vehicle based on seat configurations.
we went with the 6 seat option

I think my delivery will be in March. Reserved May 2015, ordered Jan 2016; at that time: 70D, 5 seater, with coil suspension. Order pushed because of engineering challenges. Tesla contacted me October 2016 and asked for $1250 for the air suspension (otherwise they would cancel order). At the same time, I upgraded to 6 seater and asked for a 2017 car. Notified 2/13 that it was in production and still shows in production. DS said mid-March delivery though My Tesla shows early-March.

Though delays have sucked, hopefully the newer Xs have evolved from the early problems. I also talked to the DS and my build has EAP, even though I only paid $2500 for AP1. Due to price and option changes, I'm paying $90k for a $98k X.

Also, oddly, my VIN is 027XXX.

VIN 351XX in production since Feb 14. Ordered X90D Nov 25, confirmed Nov 28, switched to XP100DL Dec 13, and switched again to X100D (blue metallic, white 6-seater, CF, EAP, PUP, UHFS, tow, Subzero, high amp charger) Jan 20.

DS said my X should be at SvC at end of Feb and I requested an early March delivery. Have 2 sets of TST 20" wheels in gloss black and grey metallic already awaiting the X.

Wow. That is was fast. I confirmed my MX 100D six seat on 2/16 and I have a delivery estimate of may to early june. I hope it comes sooner. I know the shut down for 2 weeks is coming...
That's quite a surprising delivery estimate! I would have guessed late March; they must be crushed with orders. I'd be surprised if they don't end up building yours and delivering in March, right at quarter-end.

Would you mind sharing the first 3 digits of the final 5 digits of your VIN? example: 428XX. It helps everyone understand how fast the orders are coming in.

My DS says that they produce cars in batches based on region, to make transportation and delivery more efficient- makes sense. He also said that the options on each car can make a difference on if it completes production in 3 days, 7 days or longer.