Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X March 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's unclear if:

a) if any cars currently in production at the time the factory shut down will be affected by any retooling and
b) if the retooling has anything to do with model X. The story was that it was about model 3. Does anyone know any different?

It's unclear if:

a) if any cars currently in production at the time the factory shut down will be affected by any retooling and
b) if the retooling has anything to do with model X. The story was that it was about model 3. Does anyone know any different?

I don't know any different. It's most likely nothing changed for the X. However, I have read that the X is still going through a great number of (small) changes every month. And if you were to make changes, a 10 day shutdown window could conceivably be a good time to make them. Given that, I believe the speculation is that we may see some changes in place. I'm hoping for a new MCU and instrument cluster chipset. But I think any hope is purely that at this stage as Tesla have been mum since the re-tooling.

@PedanticOne See if you can get the latest info on the holdup for 100D owners. EPA paperwork issue aside.
Are 100D models currently in production, or are all 100D models in a holding pattern?
I think I am on the tail end of the 90D purchases and mine's not yet gone into production. It should any day now. (I'm also local to the factory, which is a major reason for mine taking so long, I believe).

Just a guess, I think you'll start seeing the first 100Ds produced very soon if they are local, then the earliest foreign 100Ds starting in April, then the distant domestics in May then the local domestics in June...

I think I am on the tail end of the 90D purchases and mine's not yet gone into production. It should any day now. (I'm also local to the factory, which is a major reason for mine taking so long, I believe).

Just a guess, I think you'll start seeing the first 100Ds produced very soon if they are local, then the earliest foreign 100Ds starting in April, then the distant domestics in May then the local domestics in June...
Ivy MX 90D went into production last week according to My Tesla, but I just received a note today from SC saying they have started to build. Guess mine will be one of the first ones after re-tooling... here's hoping for a software locked 100D :)

Reactions: Brnz
Ordered our MX 90D, VIN 38xxx on 12/30/16. Scheduled to begin production this week and be delivered by end of month.

MX 90D / Obsidian Black / 20" Silver / Black Leather / Figured Ash / Dark Alcantara / 6 Seat / High Amp / Enhanced AP / Self Driving / PUP / Subzero / Towing / High Fidelity