Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks like May to me, but still hopeful for April:

"Production has wrapped up and your Model X has just moved into the factory inspection phase of the build process. This is a very robust series of tests. We are hyper focused on quality and have incorporated additional layers to the inspection with new owner feedback. While we do not have an average time for how long the inspection takes, I do anticipate that we are a couple of weeks away from delivery. As soon as the inspections complete, we will be able to schedule your appointment with us here at the factory!"

I'm VIN# 0054xx and just re-asked the DS if the seat recall affected my delivery timeline. I was originally told it would be in production the last week of April. Here is the response I got just now:
"Your current planned end of line is in mid-May. That puts us at delivery in early to mid-June."
I don't know the difference between "In Production" and "Planned End Of Line". But this would mean about 9 to 11 weeks from Order Confirmation to Delivery. (March 28th to Mid June)

My DS said last week that my 50XX was in final stages of production and will likely be delivered the last week of April. Today I called for an update and heard that the car is still in final stages of production. At this point I don't think delivery next week is likely. So looks like first half of May at this time for me.

Reactions: umeshunni
I have a theory. I wonder if they are pushing back deliveries to people who don't live near a Service Center, until the cars are being produced more perfectly from the factory? It is easier to fix things and make customers happy when they live 10 minutes from a SC. My DS is on vacation until middle of next week. My car is supposed to be delivered the first week of May. I live a few miles from a SC. We'll see if mine gets pushed back a month too or not....

I am officially bailing out of the April thread after receiving an email from the DS indicating that my So FL 90D VIN 58xx confirmed 12/14/15 is "still under production" whatever that really means. Let's hope we all get our X's before the June thread opens up!

There are rumors that Tesla is also starting European production and that may be part of the recent delays. Some EU folks have been reporting receiving VIN's at least.

I'm hoping for a May delivery but my DES has told me my X is scheduled for "late May" production so it'll likely be mid-June at the earliest. With an early July Bday I guess worst case is a pretty cool Bday present! ;)