Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
40xx has arrived in Seattle after 3 weeks in QC at the factory - hoping to deliver this week if QC process goes smoothly. Also saw a 3k vin that had just arrived as well as 63xx.

Attachments

• IMG_20160509_090937678.jpg
    IMG_20160509_090937678.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 89
Congrats! I'm wondering, did you get updates through your production process or was it just this recent call telling you a delivery date?
When did it complete production?

We received a few updates from our DS when we would inquire on the status during the last several weeks. We knew it was in production queue 3/7 (MyTesla page), beginning production (around 4/25 per DS inquiry), and ready to ship on 5/6 . MyTesla page used to say 'April/Early May', then disappeared like most everyone else, and no updates since then on MyTesla.

VIN 40xx had a delivery window of late-April early-May, and it delivered May 5, so pretty accurate.
No sunshade, but he said that it would be mailed to us whenever it was available. As well as a cargo cover. Looked over the whole car and only found a more noticeable gap in the seal above the driver side window that we could see into the door frame.

Picked up our X from the Fremont Factory on Saturday, May 7th at 9AM and wanted to share some of my observations (sorry for not posting sooner but it's been a crazy couple of days):

1. There were about 7 other Tesla's (practically all Xs except for 1 S) being delivered, so the showroom was maxed out.

2. Prior to the tour, we completed the paperwork portion, which was really fast and like 10 minutes. We signed a few forms and then made payment with a personal check. Providing payment was not the same as "Accepting Delivery", so we felt comfortable paying and knowing we would still have an opportunity to fully inspect it before final signoff.

3. Then we went on the Tour, which takes a full hour. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and it was amazing to see the insides of the factory, which spans over 80 football fields. The amount of activity was just insane and so many workers were present too. Quick sidebar story: My 12-year son made it a point to smile big and wave ridiculously to every Tesla employee whom he made eye contact with. I was very impressed that all of them took a few seconds to actually wave back to him!

4. After the tour, we took about another 30 minutes looking over the vehicle and we noted only 2 items for the due bill. I had brought a copy of the delivery checklist, but I had reviewed it beforehand, so I did not go through it line by line. Overall, the build looked great the Delivery employee that day (Alex) was very patient throughout our inspection. In fact, as we pointed out some areas with visible adhesives, he quickly pulled out a spray bottle and cloth to clean those areas off.

5. Once we felt comfortable, we did Accept Delivery and then we did a quick drive with Alex to go over the AP and Nav features.

6. While we only got the 90D, the acceleration was phenomenal and the handling was great. We were all thoroughly impressed and that was even before the AP. Once I engaged it on the freeway, it was nerve-racking, but within a minute, it was clear that the car was in total control. I just kept thinking, this AP feature is freaking amazing!

7. After the test drive, we dropped off Alex back at the Factory where he quickly showed us how to use a Supercharger, then we were on our way home.

8. As far as other items to note for the due bill: The Sunshade still has not been finalized. Apparently, only a prototype was issued previously, but all owners will be notified when those become available.

9. For the Pre-Paid Service plans, the pricing has not been finalized either. Until owners are notified, Alex stated that Tesla is waiving the 60 day requirement. Can’t select what’s not there right?

10. We selected the Light Headliner with our Config because we didn’t want everything to be too dark (Black exterior, black leather seats, etc). This is one thing I would quickly change because as soon as I touched the sunscreen visor, I left fingermarks on the light colored textile material.

11. We are now experiencing X withdrawal as we’ve already dropped off our car with Master Detailer Joe Torbati for an Xpel application and CQuartz treatment. He will also do what he can to help protect the interior from more dirty fingerprints too.

Here are some quick pics of our XMOBILE and feel free to shoot me a question as the delivery experience is still fresh in my mind.

Lastly, I wanted to say thanks to all the great info other members have shared. This overall experience has required extreme patience, but it’s gone a lot better with folks sharing their thoughts and observations too. Here’s hoping others waiting for their Xs won’t have to wait much longer.

Tesla Pickup_05-07-2016.JPG IMG_4340.JPG IMG_4341.JPG

We received a few updates from our DS when we would inquire on the status during the last several weeks. We knew it was in production queue 3/7 (MyTesla page), beginning production (around 4/25 per DS inquiry), and ready to ship on 5/6 . MyTesla page used to say 'April/Early May', then disappeared like most everyone else, and no updates since then on MyTesla.
Interesting. Our 90D entered production on 4/14 and at last check last week it still showed in "end of line" at production.
Nothing from DS yet about completion and transit to ATL.
I'm waiting until Wednesday for my weekly call to see where we stand.

Picked up our X from the Fremont Factory on Saturday, May 7th at 9AM and wanted to share some of my observations (sorry for not posting sooner but it's been a crazy couple of days):

1. There were about 7 other Tesla's (practically all Xs except for 1 S) being delivered, so the showroom was maxed out.

2. Prior to the tour, we completed the paperwork portion, which was really fast and like 10 minutes. We signed a few forms and then made payment with a personal check. Providing payment was not the same as "Accepting Delivery", so we felt comfortable paying and knowing we would still have an opportunity to fully inspect it before final signoff.

3. Then we went on the Tour, which takes a full hour. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and it was amazing to see the insides of the factory, which spans over 80 football fields. The amount of activity was just insane and so many workers were present too. Quick sidebar story: My 12-year son made it a point to smile big and wave ridiculously to every Tesla employee whom he made eye contact with. I was very impressed that all of them took a few seconds to actually wave back to him!

4. After the tour, we took about another 30 minutes looking over the vehicle and we noted only 2 items for the due bill. I had brought a copy of the delivery checklist, but I had reviewed it beforehand, so I did not go through it line by line. Overall, the build looked great the Delivery employee that day (Alex) was very patient throughout our inspection. In fact, as we pointed out some areas with visible adhesives, he quickly pulled out a spray bottle and cloth to clean those areas off.

5. Once we felt comfortable, we did Accept Delivery and then we did a quick drive with Alex to go over the AP and Nav features.

6. While we only got the 90D, the acceleration was phenomenal and the handling was great. We were all thoroughly impressed and that was even before the AP. Once I engaged it on the freeway, it was nerve-racking, but within a minute, it was clear that the car was in total control. I just kept thinking, this AP feature is freaking amazing!

7. After the test drive, we dropped off Alex back at the Factory where he quickly showed us how to use a Supercharger, then we were on our way home.

8. As far as other items to note for the due bill: The Sunshade still has not been finalized. Apparently, only a prototype was issued previously, but all owners will be notified when those become available.

9. For the Pre-Paid Service plans, the pricing has not been finalized either. Until owners are notified, Alex stated that Tesla is waiving the 60 day requirement. Can’t select what’s not there right?

10. We selected the Light Headliner with our Config because we didn’t want everything to be too dark (Black exterior, black leather seats, etc). This is one thing I would quickly change because as soon as I touched the sunscreen visor, I left fingermarks on the light colored textile material.

11. We are now experiencing X withdrawal as we’ve already dropped off our car with Master Detailer Joe Torbati for an Xpel application and CQuartz treatment. He will also do what he can to help protect the interior from more dirty fingerprints too.

Here are some quick pics of our XMOBILE and feel free to shoot me a question as the delivery experience is still fresh in my mind.

Lastly, I wanted to say thanks to all the great info other members have shared. This overall experience has required extreme patience, but it’s gone a lot better with folks sharing their thoughts and observations too. Here’s hoping others waiting for their Xs won’t have to wait much longer.

View attachment 175877 View attachment 175878 View attachment 175879

Congrats! What was your VIN?

Also, did you get a sunshade for the panoramic windshield? Is the tint effective?