Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will give me hope! I'm 2907 and was also told end March/early April. DS even had me get financing squared away as of 3/26 or so. Last ds contact was about a week ago when I was told my car was in final inspection. Here's to hoping its ready in a week or two.
shpuld be ready anytime. get your check ready :)

non pup with black leather interior,looks good to me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: K-MTG
Finally picked up VIN 18xx in Palo Alto today. Just a few minor problems (all noted on the delivery report):

1. Very small ding near front of passenger door. The delivery person was surprised he hadn't noticed it.
2. Very slight vertical misalignment of rear spoiler on one side.
3. Very minor scuff on wood on inside of driver door.
4. They had washed it, of course, but based on the slight accumulation of dust and dirt in the outside seams I got the impression it had been sitting outside for awhile (probably at the factory while waiting for a rear seat replacement).

Positives:
1. I love the figured ash wood with black leather interior...a bit darker than I thought it would be, which looks great.
2. Spoiler retracts once the car powers down.
3. The delivery person said sunshades weren't ready yet when I asked, but said they should be available soon.
4. They genuinely seemed disappointed that I recently switched to a lease (a decision I made a few days ago after hearing so many delivery and reliability issues, which had me worried about resale value of early VIN numbers) and hoped I'd decide to keep it at some point (which is always an option during or after the lease, although I'm not sure about the financial details).
5. The windshield is absolutely fantastic, and I didn't notice any ghosting issues.
6. The stereo (upgraded version) sounds fantastic with my 512GB USB stick filled with FLAC files.
7. The car seems very quiet (even on freeway), based on my experience owning two other electric vehicles (LEAF and B-Class).

My delivery was switched from factory to Palo Alto at the last minute (they had a slot available sooner), but I was able to book a factory tour for Monday on short notice, so I guess it all works out for the best (I got the car sooner but will soon go on a tour).

Finally picked up VIN 18xx in Palo Alto today. Just a few minor problems (all noted on the delivery report):

1. Very small ding near front of passenger door. The delivery person was surprised he hadn't noticed it.
2. Very slight vertical misalignment of rear spoiler on one side.
3. Very minor scuff on wood on inside of driver door.
4. They had washed it, of course, but based on the slight accumulation of dust and dirt in the outside seams I got the impression it had been sitting outside for awhile (probably at the factory while waiting for a rear seat replacement).

Positives:
1. I love the figured ash wood with black leather interior...a bit darker than I thought it would be, which looks great.
2. Spoiler retracts once the car powers down.
3. The delivery person said sunshades weren't ready yet when I asked, but said they should be available soon.
4. They genuinely seemed disappointed that I recently switched to a lease (a decision I made a few days ago after hearing so many delivery and reliability issues, which had me worried about resale value of early VIN numbers) and hoped I'd decide to keep it at some point (which is always an option during or after the lease, although I'm not sure about the financial details).
5. The windshield is absolutely fantastic, and I didn't notice any ghosting issues.
6. The stereo (upgraded version) sounds fantastic with my 512GB USB stick filled with FLAC files.
7. The car seems very quiet (even on freeway), based on my experience owning two other electric vehicles (LEAF and B-Class).

My delivery was switched from factory to Palo Alto at the last minute (they had a slot available sooner), but I was able to book a factory tour for Monday on short notice, so I guess it all works out for the best (I got the car sooner but will soon go on a tour).

Addendum: the car seems to pull slightly to the right at freeway speeds. I'll check tire pressures tomorrow and mention it for the first service appointment if that isn't the reason...it's very minor, though.

• Informative
Reactions: EV Family
These are not the sunshades you're looking for. :p:cool:;)

@VABarb - Those are sun visors. The sun shade @K-MTG is looking for installs between those and the pillar up behind your head.

Thx for the clarification... I'm spending too much time on this site... since it's the next best thing to having my X.....living vicariously thru others that have theirs and post pics...plus It helps to know I'm not alone waiting for my X..:)

Reactions: goneskiian
90D VIN 26xx picked up at Centinela service center in LA yesterday. Config is midnight blue, 7 seat tan leather, high fidelity sound, auto pilot, 48 amp, accessory hitch, 20 inch silver wheels. No PUP. Awesome delivery experience - very smooth! As far as I can tell car is flawless (though since it was built before April 29th, which was officially the first flawless one, there must be at least one flaw right :) ?). I am leasing the vehicle from Tesla, so it is possible I am not being quite as picky with paint/fit/finish as I might be if I were purchasing it, but still I don't see anything at all. In response to some questions I've seen here:
1. No sunshade! But even on a sunny LA day with sun towards the top 3rd of the windshield yesterday it was very comfortable to drive - no glare - and I had even forgotten to bring my sunglasses from my old car. They told me by the time of first checkup 1 year from now they should be available... Haven't noticed any ghosting but it has only been 1 day
2. Accessory hitch came with car - in the trunk. It is just the hitch - no wires that would go with the tow package and there is no towing package in the settings. They told me I can bring it in to service center any time to have it installed
3. There is bioweapon defense mode in climate control settings. When chosen the fan speed goes to 11. Not sure if there is actually a high-grade HEPA filter somewhere in the vehicle. Does anybody know where to look?
4. Spoiler is active - up when car powered on and down when locked. Not sure if it moves when traveling above 45 mph - hard to look back there (and to be honest I don't really care if it does or doesn't)
5. Agree with many that the rear view is very poor. Helps to have the 3rd row seats folded or at least the head rests down
6. No door problems. Both front doors are powered and do everything except auto-present when approaching the vehicle (ie open and close automatically with pressing door handle or touchscreen, driver door closes automatically when brake pressed). FWDs operate perfectly so far
7. sound is amazing. I have yet to search for the 17 speakers but will get to that. XM is available (have to activate it still)
8. As has been noted by everybody who has received their X the ride and driving experience are amazing. Almost indescribably so.

I'm thinking they've really got the build quality where it needs to be based on my experience thus far. Couldn't be any happier with my car and experience :)

Oh and I got a Tesla pen, coffee mug and umbrella as gifts to boot - yay!!!

Accessory hitch came with car - in the trunk.
Congratulations, glad to hear such a positive initial review. If not too much trouble, could you please post a picture of the hitch adapter you have. Glad to hear they actually have them at delivery now, but there is still a lot of misinformation regarding tongue weight capacity which should be listed on the hitch adapter you have. Thanks.

3. There is bioweapon defense mode in climate control settings. When chosen the fan speed goes to 11. Not sure if there is actually a high-grade HEPA filter somewhere in the vehicle. Does anybody know where to look?

Oh and I got a Tesla pen, coffee mug and umbrella as gifts to boot - yay!!!
Congrats! Glad to hear experience was optimal!

With the frunk open, there's a plastic panel between the well and the windshield, it is held in by friction clips, if you can lift it off that panel, filter will be found underneath. Others who had the BWD mode enabled in the software but do not have PUP have stated there was no Hepa filter found.

I can't wait for that umbrella!

Congratulations, glad to hear such a positive initial review. If not too much trouble, could you please post a picture of the hitch adapter you have. Glad to hear they actually have them at delivery now, but there is still a lot of misinformation regarding tongue weight capacity which should be listed on the hitch adapter you have. Thanks.

@jason1466 - Here is a pic of the hitch with a closeup of the specs. Hope this helps!

Addendum: the car seems to pull slightly to the right at freeway speeds. I'll check tire pressures tomorrow and mention it for the first service appointment if that isn't the reason...it's very minor, though.

Definitely be good to double check with the SC, however FWIW, I know both Audi and BMW will pull very slightly to the right by design. My understanding is that it's a safety thing (so presumably in left hand drive countries they pull the other way) so that if you're inattentive or doze off the car will be less likely to drift into oncoming traffic.

Was at Scottsdale, AZ service center today spying a little. They had 7 Xs there. VINs in the low to amid 4000s on the ones I could see with 1 signature <1000.

All had 6 or 7 seat configurations, one of the 90d had an active spoiler one was fixed (or just in the up position, but car was off).

Some had Premium others did not.

Heard from the sales team that production is back up to full capacity, quality issues resolved and new orders are being quoted 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Not sure how they got through all the preorders or if most people (40k, right?) cancelled.