Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has red calipers....only the P85D/P90D have that option. Are we seeing the PXXD model here?

Probably, it's also got the sportier wheels.

I'm not going to be shocked if we end up with 70kWh and 90kWh options on Model X. So maybe the Model X P90D? I'm also wondering if, perhaps, they drop the D for Model X because they all are. That's good branding though....

It has red calipers....only the P85D/P90D have that option. Are we seeing the PXXD model here?

I'm not going to be shocked if we end up with 70kWh and 90kWh options on Model X. So maybe the Model X P90D? I'm also wondering if, perhaps, they drop the D for Model X because they all are. That's good branding though... after all, every Subaru must have an AWD badge.

I'm not going to be shocked if we end up with 70kWh and 90kWh options on Model X. So maybe the Model X P90D? I'm also wondering if, perhaps, they drop the D for Model X because they all are. That's good branding though... after all, every Subaru must have an AWD badge.

I doubt they'd drop the D branding. It's very known and it would be confusing if they decide to release a low cost X70 down the line.

Also not all subarus are awd. There were a few Legacies (Liberties in Aus) that were fwd

Weird that the falcon wing doors are not finalized yet on these mules.
I suspect the doors latch into the position we are seeing them in and then an electric solenoid or motor pulls the whole thing properly shut. Seems the final piece of the falcon wing doors is not quite ready yet.

I suspect the doors latch into the position we are seeing them in and then an electric solenoid or motor pulls the whole thing properly shut. Seems the final piece of the falcon wing doors is not quite ready yet.

There was the rumor (from Eds!) that Tesla changed from hydraulic to electric for the falcon wings. I wonder if that is related, or accurate at all.

Not sure this is a Mule. More like early production/final candidate. It's too polished.

Why do you think these mules are out there?
Are they put out there to give us an idea of what the Model-X will look like?
Are they put out there to allow us to interpret Tesla's design decisions?
Are they put out there for Tesla to communicate with us the problems they are having?

Why are so many people interpreting the progress of the vehicle design by these mule shots? Its not rocket science to get door handles, trim and doors to line up. And even if it was, Elon Musk is a rocket scientist. There is a perfectly good reason why the fit and finish isn't there, and Tesla is more concerned about the true reason for these outings (testing, validation, data collection, etc.) rather than providing updates to us. On most of the mules, a lot of the trim is missing because they're trying to do some important work under the covers, not because they can't figure how to attach the trim.

There are hundreds of areas where the Model-X continues to need some tweaking and work, and we are never going to know or see those areas. The obvious things we see are trivial and easily fixed and not likely a concern for Tesla. There are much harder things to fix like Auto-Pilot, maximizing range, aerodynamics, production line quality, cup-holders, etc.

Please, lets get off this kick about the trim/door-handles not lining up or the door not being fully closed. Do you really think that hundreds of really smart engineers can't manage to get a stupid door to close properly? It's insulting. [/rant]

Moderators: This is what snippiness is. Feel free to move this to the Snippy thread, rather than my previous light-hearted post. [/snippiness]

More than likely. Just think about it, how can a normal person spot so many details when the rest of us could only see a heavy camouflaged ugly thingy? The green sticker, the other side charging port, the nvidia stuff and so on. Only an insider, working for a Tesla supplier could know such things (and to keep his anonimity led us to believe he was only analyzing photos, yeah right). I even bet he deliberately screwed the parts for the X in order to delay the launch for 2 years so that he will gain attention here and become the star of this subforum (and become rich from shorts - oh, sorry, that didn't happen).

PS: AR, hope you can take a joke :) I know the last one didn't end up so well :scared:. We are days away from the public reveal and we can relax now, this thread will be buried in the thousands rantings that will follow "Oh, my falcon is not closing all the way and i'm freezing to death on the freeway", "Water is pouring in my X when raining", "I put my skis on the car and the door broke them", "Snow has fallen on my head when getting out of the car" and not the last one "I hit my head on the falcon thing, I'm suing Tesla, who's with me?".

Tell this to my model S window trim that keeps popping off. Its a small thing, most people wouldn't even notice, but it is my current "big complaint" with my car.

Sorry to hear that austinEV. However, I suspect it keeps popping off because it's not high on Tesla's list of concerns. Maybe talking to the right service person can fix it permanently? But, thanks to your issue, I'm sure they've engineered a better solution on the latest Model-S and Model-X vehicles rolling off the lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, we are 31+ days away...relax now. :wink: