Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the fire was outside the factory in a recycling area. Hope that does not have an effect on the manufacturing.

Odd note about fire, the picture on today's teslarati article shows the exact same spot before the fire. See the tank next to the tent that burned.

tesla-fremont-factory-expanson-aerial.jpg

We have not heard a word on our X That was ordered 7/26. Got a vin right away then Nothing. Called today and they said still on time and in production. I know the car can't get to the east coast in less than 4 weeks. Said they were not doing as much reporting online like they used to.

VINs are entered typically with the last two digits replaced with just "xx".

Most use that notation, some actually supply their complete last six digits.

I think it's up to you. In any case, the Edit feature on the Google spreadsheet does have a guide, suggesting the following:

"VIN (enter 123456 or 12345x or 1234xx)
No commas. Max 6 characters. Last 1 or 2 digits can be replaced with x but not last 3."

Hope that helps.

Not understanding how to enter the VIN to the spreadsheet. My numbers look different than those entered already:

Ordered Aug 14
Confirmation Aug 17
VIN Assigned Aug 20
In Production xxxx
In Transit xxxx

Any guidance on how to enter the VIN into the SS?

TIA

VINs are entered typically with the last two digits replaced with just "xx".

Most use that notation, some actually supply their complete last six digits.

I think it's up to you. In any case, the Edit feature on the Google spreadsheet does have a guide, suggesting the following:

"VIN (enter 123456 or 12345x or 1234xx)
No commas. Max 6 characters. Last 1 or 2 digits can be replaced with x but not last 3."

Hope that helps.
Hey @K3Man ... So, how'd the delivery go this weekend? Are you loving your new ride?

I'm checking my online status everyday and mine still shows confirmed and scheduled. Looking at the spreadsheet it looks like people that have higher vins and order well after me have X's that are in production or completed. Got an email from my DS saying my X should be ready for pick up 9/24.

ordered 7/27
confirmed 7/30
vin 7/31

should i be worried yet, also checking the spreadsheet the majority of cars built so far are 75's

I emailed my DS yesterday and received an update on my MX. The prior estimation when I placed my MX order was late September. Glad to see a narrower range on the delivery date. Can't believe I'm so excited about this progress update...

Ordered Aug 18th
Confirmation Aug 22
VIN Assigned Aug 22
In Production xxxx
In Transit xxxx
Expected Delivery 3rd week of September

Wow, my 100D's status just changed to "In Production" based on the Tesla website! That was fast. My order was confirmed on 8/27 and I received my VIN the next day. My original delivery estimate was "October" so this is way ahead of schedule!

My ordering process was a bit unorthodox since I originally ordered a 75D in early August, then had my deposit switched to a 100D by my OA a few days ago. It's a brand new order with a new VIN, but maybe Tesla somehow logged my original order date? Not sure why I'd get it so quickly otherwise.

I am currently based in NYC but will be returning to LA in October so this is perfect timing for a cross country road trip. I haven't heard anything from my DS yet but I'm guessing it won't get to NYC until late September?

Last edited:
Reactions: P85_DA and mucanta
Wow. Does it really take a month to ship to Europe?

Unrelated.... no movement on my order from vin assignment to production. My OA said that production is “tentatively scheduled for next week” which would be a week later than “DoctorVenkman” despite being within 100 of his VIN. Anyone know how many model x go into production per day?

I ordered my X on August 11. Got my VIN on August 15th and I am 6/6 on the documents needed. No movement in my order other than the day I got my VIN the status was Scheduled for production. My DS isn't very responsive either. I haven't been badgering her but thought an update every once in a while wouldn't hurt.

I ordered my X on August 11. Got my VIN on August 15th and I am 6/6 on the documents needed. No movement in my order other than the day I got my VIN the status was Scheduled for production. My DS isn't very responsive either. I haven't been badgering her but thought an update every once in a while wouldn't hurt.

I wouldn't worry too much yet. I ordered 7/27 , confirmed 7/30, vin 7/31 and build started 8/30 so exactly a month after the vin. production finished 9/1 and is in transit now. just spoke to my DS and have a date scheduled for 9/30

I wouldn't worry too much yet. I ordered 7/27 , confirmed 7/30, vin 7/31 and build started 8/30 so exactly a month after the vin. production finished 9/1 and is in transit now. just spoke to my DS and have a date scheduled for 9/30

Mine went into production the same date and is still in production according to the website. Must not have been finished over the holiday weekend...

Same here ordered 7/29 got vin asap. Then nothing. Friday after a few called went into production on the web after getting verbal on the phone.

Today get a call saying the car shipped and delivery on the 29th