Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order (Long Range, 6 seater) over the weekend and never bothered to check the reservation page until yesterday, but to my surprise, it's already saying "Prepare for Delivery", "Estimated Delivery: November", and "Delivery Timing will be available soon". Is that normal? Maybe I will get a more accurate date when I finish the trade-in and payment information? I was not expecting this car for another 6-to-12 months. The order page showed no estimated date for the Long Range when I placed the order, but today's order page looks like it's saying November 2022.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 3.52.17 PM.png

Reactions: Azone and sfuape
I placed an order (Long Range, 6 seater) over the weekend and never bothered to check the reservation page until yesterday, but to my surprise, it's already saying "Prepare for Delivery", "Estimated Delivery: November", and "Delivery Timing will be available soon". Is that normal? Maybe I will get a more accurate date when I finish the trade-in and payment information? I was not expecting this car for another 6-to-12 months. The order page showed no estimated date for the Long Range when I placed the order, but today's order page looks like it's saying November 2022.

View attachment 732088
I am guessing you just got lucky by selecting the config that is being pushed right now and just happens to be available at the exact time your ordered. A lot of people will be jelly in the X waiting room :p

View attachment 732088
That’s next November, not this month.

Reactions: Mike 53072
When I was called to switch to 6 seater, he was implying that it would be by end of year and 5 seater will be sometime in Q1 at the earliest. I think they are playing with the wording, as he said some are being delivered now in CA. But then shortly after that I got the january date on my portal.
Tesla claims from an internal memo that was shared that 6 seaters should get an updated delivery window with the traditional date ranges like we see on any other order around mid Q4... aka any day now. January is largely a placeholder it seems.

We'll see what actually happens now though...

That’s next November, not this month.

Yeah everyone's started with that.

That's what I suspect too.... Strange though... I completed all the "next steps" a few days ago and now the only thing left is "We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery." Yet, the reservation page still shows "Estimated delivery: November". When is it supposed to change??

I'm actually hoping for delivery in mid-2022, so I'm not in a hurry... but I hope it's not really next November. The process is so different from my previous orders in 2012 or even 2018...

That's what I suspect too.... Strange though... I completed all the "next steps" a few days ago and now the only thing left is "We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery." Yet, the reservation page still shows "Estimated delivery: November". When is it supposed to change??

I'm actually hoping for delivery in mid-2022, so I'm not in a hurry... but I hope it's not really next November. The process is so different from my previous orders in 2012 or even 2018...
I got a VIN number assignment for my Model X. Do you know how much time it will take between VIN number assignment and delivery?

Reactions: Singularity

I'm guessing you didn't get it considering I placed an order for the exact same configuration in May, and my delivery estimate is not until January. Probably their UI just doesn't include the year, because they didn't plan ahead for having 12+ month delivery timelines :)

Why does the Plaid X cost $10,000 less than the Plaid S, and why is the X's top speed of 163 MPH vs. the S's 200 MPH a whole 37 MPH slower?

The extra weight shouldn't slow it down that much, should it?

I originally ordered a Plaid Plus X in January 2021; I got an email a few days ago saying I need to update the configuration. I did so, and it says January 2022 delivery for a 5-seat, black Plaid X with 20" wheels and FSD.

Good catch.
Currently the Plaid option for the X is a great deal. Imagine blowing off Ferrari's in a Family 4 door SUV at 1//2 the cost!

Top speeds are often constrained by tire options. Trust me...163 is going to be fast enough for most :)
But $10,000 less??

What am I missing that the Model X doesn't have that lets them sell it $10,000 cheaper despite having Falcon wing doors?

Mine changed from January to February as well.
Early June Order -- Plaid / White / Black Interior / 6 seater (was praying this would bump me up) / FSD

😭 😭 😢
Mine changed from Jan to Feb as well! Wonder If the timeline will hold true to Feb 2022.

Early May Order - Long Range/ Red/ Black Interior/ 5 Seater / FSD

Also If I change order now to 7 seater, would it push the timeline further away?

I check the tracking sheet, to check the vins there, the lowest is 5YJXCBE5XMF3265xx and the highest is 7SAXCBE59NF3289XX, don't know if someone post any vin outside this range, and if we take in consideration they start delivering less then a month ago, that means Tesla is producting around 2.400 Model x a month*, that puts an anual production of 30.000 model X.

* we don't know when some of them where produced and stay on the parking lot wating for parts, but we are seeing an increse in deliveries.

If they are near the 2.400 X per month, i think they will go throw the backlog fast.

I check the tracking sheet, to check the vins there, the lowest is 5YJXCBE5XMF3265xx and the highest is 7SAXCBE59NF3289XX, don't know if someone post any vin outside this range, and if we take in consideration they start delivering less then a month ago, that means Tesla is producting around 2.400 Model x a month*, that puts an anual production of 30.000 model X.

* we don't know when some of them where produced and stay on the parking lot wating for parts, but we are seeing an increse in deliveries.

If they are near the 2.400 X per month, i think they will go throw the backlog fast.
FWIW, the 5YJXCBE5XMF3265xx is a 2021 model year, 7SAXCBE59NF3289XX is 2022. (it is MF vs NF)

Ordered Model X LR 5 seater in March with EDD of July.
It went on slipping and stopped at Oct 21.
In Oct 21 it went to Dec 21
Got a call to change to 6 seater with the statement that they are setting up the assembly for 6 seater in Fremont CA and I might get it in 2021. I wanted it in 2021.
I opted for the change with increase in price for the 6 seater. EDD went to Dec 2021.
In Nov I was contacted via text messages to keep Finance ready, then in Dec I was asked to upload the insurance info as they were planning the production of my Vehicle. Nothing happened after I kept everything ready.
In Dec EDD went to Jan 2022 in Jan 2022 slipped to Feb 2022.
Now its Mar 2022.
I talked to a rude CSR who wouldn't give any info on when my Vehicle could be expected to be delivered nor how far am I in the queue.
I am doubting if I could even get it this year.

The worst Customer service in person and over the phone for a company like Tesla.
Hope new EV companies can overtake Tesla and Tesla can no longer call the shots as its doing now.
I doubt the program management and Estimation capability of this company.
It boasts of hiring the best in the industry. I wonder why the best cannot meet the demand or can't give a better vision for the customers in terms of expectation or keeping them informed of the progress rather than simply updating the EDD.

Reactions: msm859
Ordered Model X LR 5 seater in March with EDD of July.
It went on slipping and stopped at Oct 21.
In Oct 21 it went to Dec 21
Got a call to change to 6 seater with the statement that they are setting up the assembly for 6 seater in Fremont CA and I might get it in 2021. I wanted it in 2021.
I opted for the change with increase in price for the 6 seater. EDD went to Dec 2021.
In Nov I was contacted via text messages to keep Finance ready, then in Dec I was asked to upload the insurance info as they were planning the production of my Vehicle. Nothing happened after I kept everything ready.
In Dec EDD went to Jan 2022 in Jan 2022 slipped to Feb 2022.
Now its Mar 2022.
I talked to a rude CSR who wouldn't give any info on when my Vehicle could be expected to be delivered nor how far am I in the queue.
I am doubting if I could even get it this year.

The worst Customer service in person and over the phone for a company like Tesla.
Hope new EV companies can overtake Tesla and Tesla can no longer call the shots as its doing now.
I doubt the program management and Estimation capability of this company.
It boasts of hiring the best in the industry. I wonder why the best cannot meet the demand or can't give a better vision for the customers in terms of expectation or keeping them informed of the progress rather than simply updating the EDD.
Not surprising. They're a bit of a sweat shop, and are always under staffed. They gonna have up their customer service game or they will be in trouble at some point. Their technological lead will not last for ever.

Anyone have a MX-LR 5 seater on order? I'm in Toronto. My order page now says my EDD is "March 2022". Just curious what others' EDD's are.

PS: Oh, and please be nice to the CSRs at Tesla, they have no more information that you. I know that sounds odd, but they are not told anything by Tesla head office. I agree Tesla HQ needs to work on this, but don't shoot the messenger.

Reactions: Prairie