Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got notified that our X is scheduled to be finished mid to late March. Website still doesn't show it has gone into production yet.

That makes sense you aren’t in production if they’re telling you mid to late March. Mine went into production sometime this past week and should be getting delivery mid March. My DS says it takes about a week to build once it enters production so looks like everything is on time here. Hopefully your car will go into production this week.

My first post here. Placed order for 100D today!

Congrats :)

Really excited and also a bit nervous coz I’ve never spent so much on a car yet :)

Assuming you're financing, then provided your DTI ratio is good there's nothing to be nervous about.

The thing is - I'd normally never buy any car for this amount of money - but there's just *something* about these cars that made me justify it to myself. It's not just the fact it's electric - I think it's my way of signalling my dissatisfaction with how "Big Auto" (GM, Ford, VW, etc) has failed to innovate in their cars beyond superficial details. It's been 6 years since the Model S first came out and still no-one sells an electric car of equivalent range (though the GM Bolt comes close - the BMW i3 and Ford Focus EV are jokes) - or how the infotainment systems, across the board, all *suck*. I'm voting with my wallet (or rather, debt! :D)

Reactions: vandacca
Congrats :)

Assuming you're financing, then provided your DTI ratio is good there's nothing to be nervous about.

The thing is - I'd normally never buy any car for this amount of money - but there's just *something* about these cars that made me justify it to myself. It's not just the fact it's electric - I think it's my way of signalling my dissatisfaction with how "Big Auto" (GM, Ford, VW, etc) has failed to innovate in their cars beyond superficial details. It's been 6 years since the Model S first came out and still no-one sells an electric car of equivalent range (though the GM Bolt comes close - the BMW i3 and Ford Focus EV are jokes) - or how the infotainment systems, across the board, all *suck*. I'm voting with my wallet (or rather, debt! :D)
Thanks! Yeah, it’s just the tech gadget factor that made me justify to pull the trigger too. I also like driving electric coz we have a Leaf. With the MX, we will go fully electric.

That makes sense you aren’t in production if they’re telling you mid to late March. Mine went into production sometime this past week and should be getting delivery mid March. My DS says it takes about a week to build once it enters production so looks like everything is on time here. Hopefully your car will go into production this week.
I’m checking almost everyday now lol. I figure mine should be close to yours. No updates on mytesla yet.. the wait is killing me!

I’m checking almost everyday now lol. I figure mine should be close to yours. No updates on mytesla yet.. the wait is killing me!

My DS said my car is halfway thru production and it was only second half of last week that my status changed to “in production “. Also that I should be able to pick up car within 2 weeks or sooner. So hopefully yours enters production by end of this week!!!! That wait...ugh!

My time approaching soon!

Ordered MX100, Red, Cream, PUP, EAP, 7 Seater. 2/8
Confirmed 2/11
VIN 2/11
In Production 3/4
Financing and paperwork completed 3/5.
Available for pickup 3/15, I can’t do that so I’m scheduling for 3/17

Tempe AZ Center

Pretty easy.

Financing is 1.49%. Why pay cash when I get an identical rate with money just sitting in those online high yield banking accounts. It’s essentially free money.

I picked now because the 7500 is ending soon. I wanted the free supercharging and 500 service credit. And I’ve been waiting long enough! Years.

I feel confident that a “refresh” is coming in the next year. But, is it worth $7500 and free supercharging? Since I’ve never owned a Tesla, nah.

Can’t wait to get it.

I feel confident that a “refresh” is coming in the next year. But, is it worth $7500 and free supercharging? Since I’ve never owned a Tesla, nah.

When the refresh comes I fully expect Tesla to drop the price of the X and S by at least $5000 to offset the lack of federal income tax credit.

I read how NVIDIA says that the current computer in AP2.5 cars still isn't fast enough for Level 5 autonomy - so maybe we'll see an "AP2.75" too? (Same software and camera hardware, just much faster computing hardware)

As for my own order status: not entered production yet, though I've only had the VIN for 3 days now. Based on other peoples' reports I'm expecting it to enter production by next Monday (2018-03-12). Let's see...

Thanks! Yeah, it’s just the tech gadget factor that made me justify to pull the trigger too. I also like driving electric coz we have a Leaf. With the MX, we will go fully electric.
You will love the car. Best car I have ever owned and has me enjoying driving again. Best of luck and welcome to the Tesla community. Just about every question you have can be answered on here.