Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X price cuts- yet again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guhhhh just got back from a day of test driving iX, X7, EQS-SUV and GLS. Without getting into too much details, the iX and EQS-SUV are not roomy enough inside. They feel more like glorified 5 seat Model Y. Basically the moment my wife saw them, she liked the German interiors but said "no way" to the packaging of these EVs.

Moving to ICE... we checked out a new 2023 X7 xDrive40i 6-seater with the Executive + Driving Assistance + M-Sport package. On the test drive, the tech in the BMW just collapsed. The vehicle couldn't even understand the car sales man's commands to load navigation or perform any function. Then, when we tried to use some assistance features to drive back to the dealership the UI basically froze and lagged out. We couldn't even get the car into Sport mode without some frustration. Yeah.... not happening.

GLS was nice... but she didn't like the ride too much hah.

TBH I have no clue what to do at this point. Tired.
Have you looked at the XC90?

Unfortunately, the EX90 is delayed to late 2024, but their PHEV is ok for the price point.

Have you looked at the XC90?

Unfortunately, the EX90 is delayed to late 2024, but their PHEV is ok for the price point.

We had a Volvo before. She hated the body roll and suspension. Had to sell it to get the Model X.

For real, if Tesla’s high ups weren’t so arrogant I’d be getting another model x. But they pissed off my wife so much I now have to quit the brand.

Had a CT pre-order. Had two Tesla vehicles. Have 3 Powerwalls. And they tell my wife she’s “overreacting” on concerns that a bunch of error codes have her pulling over. Fffffffff

Guhhhh just got back from a day of test driving iX, X7, EQS-SUV and GLS. Without getting into too much details, the iX and EQS-SUV are not roomy enough inside. They feel more like glorified 5 seat Model Y. Basically the moment my wife saw them, she liked the German interiors but said "no way" to the packaging of these EVs.

Moving to ICE... we checked out a new 2023 X7 xDrive40i 6-seater with the Executive + Driving Assistance + M-Sport package. On the test drive, the tech in the BMW just collapsed. The vehicle couldn't even understand the car sales man's commands to load navigation or perform any function. Then, when we tried to use some assistance features to drive back to the dealership the UI basically froze and lagged out. We couldn't even get the car into Sport mode without some frustration. Yeah.... not happening.

GLS was nice... but she didn't like the ride too much hah.

TBH I have no clue what to do at this point. Tired.
I would stay away from the 23’ and current 24 X7 as it’s running the idrive 8. A lot of people are complaining about it but haven’t heard of any freezing or unable to get into sport mode. The dealer may not have updated the software possibly. Also the Bluetooth interface with CarPlay was dropping connection because of previous update but has been fixed. However, the to be released idrive 8.5 is miles better, including the voice recognition. You can probably YouTube it. The highway assist is very good as well. Rarely have to touch the steering wheel and stays very centered. I am sitting idle until the MX improves but the new X7 with massage seat and bowers/Wilkins sound system is very tempting. Also, you can get a spare tire, go figure. Lol!

Reactions: holeydonut
thanks. So why did you consider the X7? Anything better about it other than size vs the X5?

Wife wants 7 seats (6 maybe but 7 ideally) without getting a Minivan or a Japanese car or a Volvo. That basically limits my options to five options. We're both like show but no go - don't care about speed but I want the cars to look nice. That's why I got non-plaid but red with the 22".

1) Tesla Model X ...
Removed from consideration even though I effing HAD A RED ONE WITH WHITE INTERIOR IN MY GODDAMN GARAGE but now my wife hates Tesla fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. I'm none too pleased with Tesla now either.

2) Escalade/Yukon on the GM GMT1 platform ...
Removed from consideration because any with a Chrome Delete were $30k over MSRP. But this was the ideal car. I told you... Escalade Sport with the touring package and onyx package. Looks so goooooood. But priced sooooo highhhhhhh.

2) GLS 430 ...
Probably the next best frontrunner, I just couldn't find one with the chrome delete that wasn't $20k over MSRP. But today they dropped it to MSRP! So we got the AMG styling kit and chrome delete. Time to burn some gassssssss. It looks great and is way cheaper than the '23 Ultra Red.

3) X7 ...
Had been up there just because she used to drive BMW and likes the brand. But the test drive kind of ruined the experience. Frack.

4) Q7 ...
I dunno why she just doesn't like it.

Y is almost same size as X5.

Have you made yourself a list of features you want?

The main screen of the Y with regular Tesla updates is almost a reason alone to choose over X5.

Final question: Have you test driven both in a 24h setting?
I need a car that can fit 3 car seat across. I have not test driven the X5... but that is on my to do.

I struggle with 3 car seats on the Model Y.

I wonder if/when the Model X Plaid will come back down to $100,000?
Thats a million $ question. However, recent price fluctuations are math game!

Q2 began with LR price $95k ish then fun part came..

3 yrs "Free" super charging (Really)🤑Price hiked to $2750
Low apr 3.99 finance deal:🤑 $1000
Now price hiked to ~🤡$98k

May be they are making some cushion for next QE price cuts which might be again around $95K lol.

Price hike and cuts are so naïve and counter intuitive in this inflation time than trying to build a loyal customer base and fill the white space by poaching from other auto brands! It is also hurting existing owners and used Tesla market!

May god give us Model X with unlimited supercharging under $85K mark.

Good old times! Lol

Reactions: Tessellation
Thats a million $ question. However, recent price fluctuations are math game!

Q2 began with LR price $95k ish then fun part came..

3 yrs "Free" super charging (Really)🤑Price hiked to $2750
Low apr 3.99 finance deal:🤑 $1000
Now price hiked to ~🤡$98k

May be they are making some cushion for next QE price cuts which might be again around $95K lol.

Price hike and cuts are so naïve and counter intuitive in this inflation time than trying to build a loyal customer base and fill the white space by poaching from other auto brands! It is also hurting existing owners and used Tesla market!

May god give us Model X with unlimited supercharging under $85K mark.

Good old times! Lol
Agreed!

The yo-yo price adjustments don't seem to be helping with demand for the Model X, if (rising) inventory levels are any indication.

The marketshare for $100K+ EVs seems rather small to begin with, and if Tesla isn't careful, they're going to lose that loyal customer base to competitors (like BMW, MB and Audi) who are starting to release some compelling offerings. I'm eager to check out the Audi SQ8 E-tron myself!

Agreed!

The yo-yo price adjustments don't seem to be helping with demand for the Model X, if (rising) inventory levels are any indication.

The marketshare for $100K+ EVs seems rather small to begin with, and if Tesla isn't careful, they're going to lose that loyal customer base to competitors (like BMW, MB and Audi) who are starting to release some compelling offerings. I'm eager to check out the Audi SQ8 E-tron myself!

The main purpose of price adjustments is to help make the used inventory more attractive, not to push new sales. Only when used inventory is zero will the new prices reflect demand.

Their used inventory is pretty light already. I have a 3/2017 build 75D 5-seater loaner right now and I wouldn't buy it if it was free. You can only push people toward cars they don't want so much before you have to give up and cut your losses.

Their used inventory is pretty light already. I have a 3/2017 build 75D 5-seater loaner right now and I wouldn't buy it if it was free. You can only push people toward cars they don't want so much before you have to give up and cut your losses.

Haha @bmah that’s almost an Obama-era loaner.

I agree, these cars don’t age well, and the aged loaners are real mingers once you’ve been in a refresh model.