Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X price cuts- yet again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No amount of money thrown at a vehicle can change the fact that if you can’t park a car without cameras you’re just not a particularly good driver.
No offense but this is a pretty ignorant. Parking is one thing, not curbing your wheels is another. Newer cars have shapely greenhouses and I can guarantee, you can not see your Tesla corners as you could with older more squared off cars with larger rear side and back windows. Heck, you can’t see the front bumper from the cockpit either. Can you view your wheels from your drivers seat? Please, don’t make excuses for Tesla because you own a Tesla. That’s some fanboi garbage. Unless Elon is paying you, don’t make excuses for them or any other brand. We are the consumer and should expect higher standards when you’re spending hard earned money.

You can look for yourself. Last week there was around 1,060 cars nationwide. Today I see 1,114.

No offense but this is a pretty ignorant. Parking is one thing, not curbing your wheels is another. Newer cars have shapely greenhouses and I can guarantee, you can not see your Tesla corners as you could with older more squared off cars with larger rear side and back windows. Heck, you can’t see the front bumper from the cockpit either. Can you view your wheels from your drivers seat? Please, don’t make excuses for Tesla because you own a Tesla. That’s some fanboi garbage. Unless Elon is paying you, don’t make excuses for them or any other brand. We are the consumer and should expect higher standards when you’re spending hard earned money.
Very agravated response to a simple observation that a good driver doesn’t blame their tools. Yes you can see your wheels if you reverse park into a space.
Accusing me of being a fanboy and ignorant is kind of a bizarre response to a generalised statement about driving ability.
Parking and not curbing wheels are one and the same. Both are driving without hitting your vehicle into objects lol.

Very agravated response to a simple observation that a good driver doesn’t blame their tools. Yes you can see your wheels if you reverse park into a space.
Accusing me of being a fanboy and ignorant is kind of a bizarre response to a generalised statement about driving ability.
Parking and not curbing wheels are one and the same. Both are driving without hitting your vehicle into objects lol.
Not aggravated at all. But your comment was blatantly obvious using italics. What is pretty funny by your above comment is the fact you state “you can see your wheels if you reverse into a space”. How about actually parking forward like most people? Backing in is fine when it’s not busy or you’re not in a hurry but parking forward is more ideal in most situations. Regardless, the MX shape really needs cameras under the mirrors and front bumper. No excuse for $100k

You can look for yourself. Last week there was around 1,060 cars nationwide. Today I see 1,114.

I made this observation and was thinking about it which has brought me here

I am considering a MX long range but current pricing is just a little out of my comfort zone.

As you state inventory is quickly stacking up. They need to curtail production, incentivize MX, or further reduce price to get them sold.

Not aggravated at all. But your comment was blatantly obvious using italics. What is pretty funny by your above comment is the fact you state “you can see your wheels if you reverse into a space”. How about actually parking forward like most people? Backing in is fine when it’s not busy or you’re not in a hurry but parking forward is more ideal in most situations. Regardless, the MX shape really needs cameras under the mirrors and front bumper. No excuse for $100k
Italics was unintentional. You’re perhaps a little highly strung if you’re reading intentionality into the format of font.

Reverse parking is optimal because wing mirrors are the solution to the exact problem you were describing regarding not curbing wheels.

You have essentially proved my point regarding poor driving ability if you consider reverse parking difficult and/or time consuming.

Reactions: Kare101
Italics was unintentional. You’re perhaps a little highly strung if you’re reading intentionality into the format of font.

Reverse parking is optimal because wing mirrors are the solution to the exact problem you were describing regarding not curbing wheels.

You have essentially proved my point regarding poor driving ability if you consider reverse parking difficult and/or time consuming.
o_O:rolleyes:🥱

Reactions: holeydonut
my wife lightly curbed the X while I was in it when she was parking on her first drive lol. I wasn’t happy about it, but honest to god I didn’t think she was close. I was surprised to feel it happen.

I grew up in the city and am one of those weirdos that take pride in my parking ability. That said, at the price point there really isn’t an excuse except rushing to market and a mistake by Tesla. Two brains are better than one, it cost them basically nothing to leave USS and add more cameras.

Reactions: GoVols!
my wife lightly curbed the X while I was in it when she was parking on her first drive lol. I wasn’t happy about it, but honest to god I didn’t think she was close. I was surprised to feel it happen.

I grew up in the city and am one of those weirdos that take pride in my parking ability. That said, at the price point there really isn’t an excuse except rushing to market and a mistake by Tesla. Two brains are better than one, it cost them basically nothing to leave USS and add more cameras.

Does your car show the following message - basically implying the USS is broken as opposed to missing?

1681855181404-jpeg.929645

It actually saves them money, hence why they removed them. It’s not like they replaced the sensors with something else.
Of course, But marginally. Now yes if you look at that across thousands of cars it adds up. Personally I think maybe the sensors were harder to come by during the pandemic and they decided a different route and created a lie to help.

@holeydonut , I have HW4 and no USS at all.

Of course, But marginally. Now yes if you look at that across thousands of cars it adds up. Personally I think maybe the sensors were harder to come by during the pandemic and they decided a different route and created a lie to help.

@holeydonut , I have HW4 and no USS at all.

Yeah, but do you have the error message? The reason I'm so upset about this is that my vehicle shows this message about the park assist being unavailable. So the Tesla rep said my car had USS, it just had to be "fixed by the service team." Rejecting delivery would have cost us $250. They even went so far as to show how the 2023 owners manual indicates there is park assist. So I'm curious if your car appears the same... where it was reasonable that one could (incorrectly) form an inference that park assist was a feature of the vehicle.

Now that it is evident to me that my car simply doesn't have park assist, and this error is wrong since it implies the park assist could actually become available. Feels somewhat deceitful if it's literally something we inquired with a Tesla rep about as an important feature.

1681866816663.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Billstickers