Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X price cuts- yet again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it's very unfortunate and I'm grateful that the other members shared their experience so that others are aware. It's just crazy how everyone's experience with Tesla differs so much. You never know if you will be facing the good side or the worst side of Tesla. So far my experience has been very good but I don't want to undermine anyone else's experience. All I can do is hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

On a more positive note lol, I don't want to scare people that just got the X or scare off people that want to get the X, so if it makes anyone feel better, my hubby and I have been enjoying our MX since we got it in March. We always drive our MX every time we take my parents and brother to go eat and they love our car. A lot of our friends and relatives have the Y and they also love our car. One of our friend with an older X said good choice. My two doggies (German Shepherd Dog and Maltipoo) love the car as well, especially my Maltipoo. He keeps wanting to jump in the car and play lol.

I had posted on this forum that I had issues with the left FWD when I took delivery but they fixed it and so far so good 🤞. I also just saw a one year review on the MXP here in this forum and it was a positive one. I watch everydaychris on YouTube and he seems to be enjoying his MX too (just saw his MX camping video haha). Now it makes me want to go camping with my 2 doggies soon lol. The X seems perfect for that because it has so much space! Honestly, sometimes I think it's too big of a car for me but after having the Vision update, I'm pretty content now lol.

Last edited:
Yeah it's very unfortunate and I'm grateful that the other members shared their experience so that others are aware. It's just crazy how everyone's experience with Tesla differs so much. You never know if you will be facing the good side or the worst side of Tesla. So far my experience has been very good but I don't want to undermine anyone else's experience. All I can do is hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

On a more positive note lol, I don't want to scare people that just got the X or scare off people that want to get the X, so if it makes anyone feel better, my hubby and I have been enjoying our MX since we got it in March. We always drive our MX every time we take my parents and brother to go eat and they love our car. A lot of our friends and relatives have the Y and they also love our car. One of our friend with an older X said good choice. My two doggies (German Shepherd Dog and Maltipoo) love the car as well, especially my Maltipoo. He keeps wanting to jump in the car and play lol.

I had posted on this forum that I had issues with the left FWD when I took delivery but they fixed it and so far so good 🤞. I also just saw a one year review on the MXP here in this forum and it was a positive one. I watch everydaychris on YouTube and he seems to be enjoying his MX too (just saw his MX camping video haha). Now it makes me want to go camping with my 2 doggies soon lol. The X seems perfect for that because it has so much space! Honestly, sometimes I think it's too big of a car for me but after having the Vision update, I'm pretty content now lol.

That's the catch-22 of owning a Tesla. The promise of what the tech and engineering can enable is very high, and for many owners that promise is kept.

The problem is, the Tesla owners do not realize what they are risking to achieve that promise. A BEV that shuts down while being operated at speed is a harrowing experience. When an ICE shuts down while in motion, the power steering system remains somewhat useful and the vehicle brake master cylinder still has some pressure. So the driver can bring the car to a controlled stop.

A Tesla model X that shuts down just kind of locks up the steering wheel and doesn't decelerate well. During my process, I've met some else who also had their Model X quit on them while in motion. They couldn't steer so they went off road on a curve; through some bushes, and came to rest along a dirt slope about 10 feet off the the side of the road.

So, Tesla's reps told me when I put my kids and family in a Model X, I have accepted the risk that a BEV is new tech; that new tech is prone to glitches; and the glitches could imperil my family. But that's the risk taken to achieve the Tesla reward.

Personally, I think this is a load of crap. I will not risk my family just because Tesla has "firmware glitches all the time". And, I don't think a parent putting their kids lives on the line was part of the sales agreement when they purchased their Tesla.

Tesla's reps have not once backed own from the "it's your kids not mine; if you want safe go buy something else" mantra. So my wife and I got rid of our Tesla's ASAP. We're never going to buy a Tesla again, because we can't live with the idea that if the car shuts down again, it's actually our fault for putting the kids in the Tesla to begin with.

We've communicated up their chain past the General Manager of the service center. Tesla's folks simply do not care to address this topic with us further. They stand behind the notion that Tesla = fancy = prone to shutting down. Look at @rpo's situation. Tesla's folks were more than happy to lie to him telling him the car was perfectly safe to keep using when the service menu of the vehicle was informing the operator that the vehicle safety systems were unsafe to operate.

So yeah, Tesla's are great when they work. But when they don't work; remember it's your fault for putting your family at risk in their vehicles. Tesla believes you're well aware of the heightened risk and are signing up for it.

Reactions: rpo and fishy21
That's the catch-22 of owning a Tesla. The promise of what the tech and engineering can enable is very high, and for many owners that promise is kept.

The problem is, the Tesla owners do not realize what they are risking to achieve that promise. A BEV that shuts down while being operated at speed is a harrowing experience. When an ICE shuts down while in motion, the power steering system remains somewhat useful and the vehicle brake master cylinder still has some pressure. So the driver can bring the car to a controlled stop.

A Tesla model X that shuts down just kind of locks up the steering wheel and doesn't decelerate well. During my process, I've met some else who also had their Model X quit on them while in motion. They couldn't steer so they went off road on a curve; through some bushes, and came to rest along a dirt slope about 10 feet off the the side of the road.

So, Tesla's reps told me when I put my kids and family in a Model X, I have accepted the risk that a BEV is new tech; that new tech is prone to glitches; and the glitches could imperil my family. But that's the risk taken to achieve the Tesla reward.

Personally, I think this is a load of crap. I will not risk my family just because Tesla has "firmware glitches all the time". And, I don't think a parent putting their kids lives on the line was part of the sales agreement when they purchased their Tesla.

Tesla's reps have not once backed own from the "it's your kids not mine; if you want safe go buy something else" mantra. So my wife and I got rid of our Tesla's ASAP. We're never going to buy a Tesla again, because we can't live with the idea that if the car shuts down again, it's actually our fault for putting the kids in the Tesla to begin with.

We've communicated up their chain past the General Manager of the service center. Tesla's folks simply do not care to address this topic with us further. They stand behind the notion that Tesla = fancy = prone to shutting down. Look at @rpo's situation. Tesla's folks were more than happy to lie to him telling him the car was perfectly safe to keep using when the service menu of the vehicle was informing the operator that the vehicle safety systems were unsafe to operate.

So yeah, Tesla's are great when they work. But when they don't work; remember it's your fault for putting your family at risk in their vehicles. Tesla believes you're well aware of the heightened risk and are signing up for it.
Yeah that's why it's appreciated when members like you share your experiences. It is very dangerous to have a car stopped working even on regular streets with no speed! The way they handled your situation was bad so I'm glad everything's all good for you now, and you either already gotten rid of all your Tesla products or in the process of doing so haha. It's completely understandable because they messed with your family and that's a big no.

I don't want to get jinxed lol. Let's all hope that no one else including myself ever have to go through all that. I definitely won't be easy on them either if anything were to happen to my family or me while driving my car. For the people that already own the MX like me or waiting for their X, let's just go out there and enjoy the * out of our ride lol, have to make the best out of the cost per use on an expensive vehicle haha.

Reactions: holeydonut
Yeah that's why it's appreciated when members like you share your experiences. It is very dangerous to have a car stopped working even on regular streets with no speed! The way they handled your situation was bad so I'm glad everything's all good for you now, and you either already gotten rid of all your Tesla products or in the process of doing so haha. It's completely understandable because they messed with your family and that's a big no.

I don't want to get jinxed lol. Let's all hope that no one else including myself ever have to go through all that. I definitely won't be easy on them either if anything were to happen to my family or me while driving my car. For the people that already own the MX like me or waiting for their X, let's just go out there and enjoy the * out of our ride lol, have to make the best out of the cost per use on an expensive vehicle haha.

Yeah we completed the buyback of the model X and our 2021 model 3 is being dumped for a big loss just so we get the car out of the garage.

I originally wanted a collateral exchange to stay in the Tesla ecosystem. But I needed someone at Dublin Tesla to walk back their previous comments around vehicle safety and have a real conversation with my wife. They declined.

The GM of the Dublin Tesla service center sits in a fancy room with a 1 way window/mirror so he can see his precious service center and others cannot see him. He will not talk to customers. I don’t know what is his salary, but it must be so high that it’s not worth 10 minutes of his time to explain to a Model X customer that he’d make sure to set the Tesla experience back on track. Instead they just doubled down saying Tesla wasn’t the right brand for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: maytaurustiger

Nicely said, Mr. Donut.

I can’t believe some of the trash I’m reading. Why are they still making this car?
I went into this car with a different mindset than I think most buyers would. I figured, how much worse could an electric car be, even if the people who made the Citroen CX were in charge of the design?

I'm a car enthusiast, and I'm accustomed to putting many many miles on cars that are compromises, potentially prone to catastrophic and catastrophically expensive failures. I'd read the forums and knew the risks/potential failings. I was willing to make the leap because we wanted a 3-row ("I" wanted a Model 3 as a sports sedan enthusiast, but was overruled because we have two sedans already) and it drives so much better than most any similarly-sized three ton three-row; great dynamics, comfier, smaller footprint, space for everything we need without a lot of extra crap (except the doors).

I feel bad for those who have a Model X expecting it to deliver on the EV revolution's promise of a maintenance-free, reliable appliance, odds seem good they'll be disappointed sooner or later.

I still really like the car, despite the flaws. But the flaws must be available on the internet for people to read about, or you have a bunch of disappointed owners, and that's what this forum and others are for.

The answer to that original question? It's about as bad as you'd expect from a wacky French car, without the oil leaks

My service experiences have been good, but I've never had a catastrophic/stranding failure. The most recent power steering failure came close to immobilizing the car, but it was still drivable. Ominous, but I really don't have any basis for complaint about the service center yet. The way some customers are treated (I haven't heard many local stories like this, but I hear plenty on here from the coasts) is awful and inexcusable.

In any event, it's not what I would expect from the $100,000 car experience. Even if some of them can run 9's. Mine's an old, slow, "reliable" pre-refresh car, so I guess I'm only supposed to get a $90,000 experience.

Personally I do'nt think there are many weirdos out there willing to tolerate this much nonsense at any price

Last edited:
Lol the other externality of the weird way Tesla handles repairs is how your neighbors will think you're insane while it's all going down. I'm sure @rpo's neighbors think he's weird now.

Day 1: Owner parks a brand new 2023 Ultra Red Model X that is Ultra Dirty since Sunnyvale, CA Tesla can't be bothered to prep cars for delivery. So neighbors think the owner's bought a used Tesla Model X.

Day 2: Owner washes and applies a couple bottles of ceramic coating (I never got my ceramic included in the buyback... sad). So now the 2023 Ultra Red Model X looks pretty bad ass. Especially when parked next to a 2021 Performance Red multicoat.

Day 6: Ugly old beat up nasty Black 2017 Model X is now parked in the driveway with all the doors and FWD open overnight. The car stank like so much ass I had to air it out overnight. And since it was old, nasty, and gross I didn't care if someone stole it.

Day 8: Ghetto rental Traverse is parked out front since the Model X was just too stank for the family to ride in it.

Day 10: Nasty beat up gross and stink-filled Model X shows up again. Sometimes the car is parked outside with the doors all open again because... it stinks like BO. So nasty.

Day 18: Nasty beat up White Model Y with a cracked bumper and greasy windshield shows up (different loaner).

Day 30: New Mercedes GLS shows up and the owner is putting white tape over the Tesla logo on his 3 Powerwalls.

Lol the other externality of the weird way Tesla handles repairs is how your neighbors will think you're insane while it's all going down. I'm sure @rpo's neighbors think he's weird now.

Day 1: Owner parks a brand new 2023 Ultra Red Model X that is Ultra Dirty since Sunnyvale, CA Tesla can't be bothered to prep cars for delivery. So neighbors think the owner's bought a used Tesla Model X.

Day 2: Owner washes and applies a couple bottles of ceramic coating (I never got my ceramic included in the buyback... sad). So now the 2023 Ultra Red Model X looks pretty bad ass. Especially when parked next to a 2021 Performance Red multicoat.

Day 6: Ugly old beat up nasty Black 2017 Model X is now parked in the driveway with all the doors and FWD open overnight. The car stank like so much ass I had to air it out overnight. And since it was old, nasty, and gross I didn't care if someone stole it.

Day 8: Ghetto rental Traverse is parked out front since the Model X was just too stank for the family to ride in it.

Day 10: Nasty beat up gross and stink-filled Model X shows up again. Sometimes the car is parked outside with the doors all open again because... it stinks like BO. So nasty.

Day 18: Nasty beat up White Model Y with a cracked bumper and greasy windshield shows up (different loaner).

Day 30: New Mercedes GLS shows up and the owner is putting white tape over the Tesla logo on his 3 Powerwalls.

LOL. My version is simply my Model X, which has not been washed, sitting for 4 months in front of my house under oak trees that have covered it in sap, and then the neighborhood cottonwood trees decorated it in white fluff. And my doors randomly open all the time (and sometimes close), so the neighbors are watching a brand new Model X rot outside that is apparently possessed by a demon. I've seen a couple of people stop to take pics of it while walking by. Good times.

Yeah we completed the buyback of the model X and our 2021 model 3 is being dumped for a big loss just so we get the car out of the garage.

I originally wanted a collateral exchange to stay in the Tesla ecosystem. But I needed someone at Dublin Tesla to walk back their previous comments around vehicle safety and have a real conversation with my wife. They declined.

The GM of the Dublin Tesla service center sits in a fancy room with a 1 way window/mirror so he can see his precious service center and others cannot see him. He will not talk to customers. I don’t know what is his salary, but it must be so high that it’s not worth 10 minutes of his time to explain to a Model X customer that he’d make sure to set the Tesla experience back on track. Instead they just doubled down saying Tesla wasn’t the right brand for us.
Well the model 3 is ranked as one of the safest and most reliable cars you can buy. Crazy you are getting rid of it but I will try to respect your experience and decisions as long as you respect the decision of people like me who think teslas are amazing vehicles (build quality and quality control not withstanding lol). Every car brand has INSANE examples of times when there products fail the consumer in crazy ways. With Tesla being new and their usually bad customer service, this gets amplified. But to suggest teslas make trash cars on average is…. We’ll just a stupid statement. I’m currently waiting for my model X plaid so I can’t speak much on them yet but I’ve had my 2021 model 3 LR since 06/2021 and it’s been the best decision of my life.

Reactions: CleanDemon
Well the model 3 is ranked as one of the safest and most reliable cars you can buy. Crazy you are getting rid of it but I will try to respect your experience and decisions as long as you respect the decision of people like me who think teslas are amazing vehicles (build quality and quality control not withstanding lol). Every car brand has INSANE examples of times when there products fail the consumer in crazy ways. With Tesla being new and their usually bad customer service, this gets amplified. But to suggest teslas make trash cars on average is…. We’ll just a stupid statement. I’m currently waiting for my model X plaid so I can’t speak much on them yet but I’ve had my 2021 model 3 LR since 06/2021 and it’s been the best decision of my life.
I hope your new Plaid is free of problems, but if it turns out like rpo and holeydonut‘s experience you might spit out the koolaid.

My issue isn't that the car is trash. Electrical gremlins happen on cars, and sometimes it is impossible to track down the cause. I get that. My issue is the utterly horrible customer service received once the car kept dying and going back to the service center over and over. They refused to pay for the rental car they THEY gave me. Come on.

My issue isn't that the car is trash. Electrical gremlins happen on cars, and sometimes it is impossible to track down the cause. I get that. My issue is the utterly horrible customer service received once the car kept dying and going back to the service center over and over. They refused to pay for the rental car they THEY gave me. Come on.

This is where I'm a terrible human being and a worse person than RPO.

I do think Tesla is trash. Because they don't stand behind their products. I've worked corporate for a long-azz time. People don't care what you do well, they only care about you do poorly. And Tesla's poor service overshadows their tech.

The Kool-aid that Morris is drinking tastes great, and for many owners they'll chug that while enjoying their vehicles. But sometimes the vehicle doesn't perform as it should. And at that point, Tesla is quick to blame the owner instead of remedying the situation. So, the moment someone thinks the Kool-aid tastes funny, the Company and its Customers think the "abnormal" person is the problem.

As long as Tesla and it's die-hards keep thinking the problem is the customer and not on the company to remedy... I'll keep saying that Tesla is trash.

Look, I'm an a-hole I get it. As @jjrandorin can attest; my behaviors and mannerisms may come across as someone a support person wouldn't want to help. Because, I am a dumb-ass MF-er.

But @rpo isn't an asshole. And Tesla is treating him worse. I'm hoping most users on TMC is more like @rpo.

So remember, if you think "Tesla would treat me fine because I'm a good person." Remember that if your car starts to act funny (beyond the normal odds/ends that need fixing), Tesla won't be there to help you. As they told me... it's your fault for buying a Tesla. We aren't talking about crooked panel gaps or a center console lid that won't close right. We're talking about whether your vehicle is safe to operate with your family inside.

Reactions: rpo and CleanDemon
This is where I'm a terrible human being and a worse person than RPO.

I do think Tesla is trash. Because they don't stand behind their products. I've worked corporate for a long-azz time. People don't care what you do well, they only care about you do poorly. And Tesla's poor service overshadows their tech.

The Kool-aid that Morris is drinking tastes great, and for many owners they'll chug that while enjoying their vehicles. But sometimes the vehicle doesn't perform as it should. And at that point, Tesla is quick to blame the owner instead of remedying the situation. So, the moment someone thinks the Kool-aid tastes funny, the Company and its Customers think the "abnormal" person is the problem.

As long as Tesla and it's die-hards keep thinking the problem is the customer and not on the company to remedy... I'll keep saying that Tesla is trash.

Look, I'm an a-hole I get it. As @jjrandorin can attest; my behaviors and mannerisms may come across as someone a support person wouldn't want to help. Because, I am a dumb-ass MF-er.

But @rpo isn't an asshole. And Tesla is treating him worse. I'm hoping most users on TMC is more like @rpo.

So remember, if you think "Tesla would treat me fine because I'm a good person." Remember that if your car starts to act funny (beyond the normal odds/ends that need fixing), Tesla won't be there to help you. As they told me... it's your fault for buying a Tesla. We aren't talking about crooked panel gaps or a center console lid that won't close right. We're talking about whether your vehicle is safe to operate with your family inside.
It’s not coolaid. It’s a DAMN AMAZING CAR and one that has earned national attention for being dependable. Two years with absolutely ZERO money being out into it. I had a buddy with a 2018 model 3. Same thing. ZERO put into it. Idc who you are, that is amazing.

I don’t really know why people come to a Tesla club site to do nothing but absolutely TRASH Tesla. A little complaint here or there is understandable but literally I swear you login to do nothing but whine. Yes I’d be upset if I were you and yes it’s a free country but it does look weird.

If we’re talking about teslas customer service only then yes… it’s very subpar. But their vehicles (build quality not withstanding) are amazing. It’s not coolaid…

Let’s take the X for example…

Has more horsepower than a damn semi or any pickup truck out there yet can beat a McLaren in a 1/4 mile. Zero to 60 faster than most super cars yet still able to carry 6 people, luggage, and the family dog comfortably. Not to mention the flash of falcon wing doors, the latest tech, and pretty much a damn gaming console to boot.

Might not be for everyone but I’d hardly call that trash. And while these issues absolutely suck for the few of you… and I would be ticked off beyond belief as well… it’s still the extreme minority.

There is pretty widespread press that the X, in particular, has suffered from quality issues since its inception. I think it’s more than just a few cars.
Compare those 5,10,15,50,100 posts to the hundreds of thousands of MX owners. Those who are upset are much more likely to post and complain then those who are happy with their vehicle. Take me for example…. Back in March and April of 2021 when I ordered my M3 LR. I was posting in here and checking out the site a lot. After I got the vehicle, I didn’t login till now. Again I’m not saying it’s okay but there is issues like this in every make and while Tesla needs to improve its customer service in leaps and bounds…. My statement still holds the true… it’s a minority.

And if it wasn’t… we’ll then people wouldn’t buy them and Tesla wouldn’t be able to sell these things. Again, I am not saying I wouldn’t be extremely upset if the posted issues were happening to me. Maybe I’ll fall victom in a couple weeks when I take over ownership of my 2023 MXP. But even if I do… my opinion will still remain the same.

And some of us are not trying to silence your right to free speech. We are confused as to why you continuously hate on a brand… on a fan site of such brand??? 🤔

Tesla gets enough hate in the ICE world from those who have no other argument other than they want to hear the vroom vroom sound of the engine and smell the exhaust (give me a break lol). Why not join them? Again do as you like, it’s a free world and it’s not like you are bothering me. It just seems counter productive (and odd) to do it here if you dislike teslas.

Last edited:
. Maybe I’ll fall victom in a couple weeks when I take over ownership of my 2023 MXP. But even if I do… my opinion will still remain the same.

And some of us are not trying to silence your right to free speech. We are confused as to why you continuously hate on a brand… on a fan site of such brand??? 🤔

T.
Many if not all of us were thrilled when we finally got our Tesla cars. At least for me it was a major outlay of cash. Build quality can be crap and we are patient about it, but add the sometimes disgraceful customer service and EM’s endless lies and stunts, the thrill can wear thin.
Your opinion will stay the same if you get a lemon? I applaud your positive attitude, hopefully your MX will be excellent and Tesla never gives you a reason to rethink it.