Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X price cuts- yet again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huh? The six seat setup is Standard on the Plaid. How is that a scam??

It is standard so it should be reflected in the base price. Now it is priced as an option (while it is not really an "option").

Anyhow, it is going to be interesting to see how they are going to move any invetory since some inventory prices are even higher than new orders.

Last edited:
Going to be an awful lot of standard wheels, round steering wheel, black interior with 5 seats heading out the door. Amazing that just a year ago people had been waiting a year or more and paying in the 120's for the same non Plaid X. Now they can get it for $72,500. Elon is crushing the resale values on his cars. I own a Y and an X but they will be the last Teslas I ever purchase

Reactions: Falcon73
These are all time low base prices and I don’t think all paint colors have ever been free before. I have to wonder how long these prices will last. I predict slight price increases fairly soon once they book enough orders for the quarter or maybe going through next quarter.

Once CT ramps up, whenever that is, their volume targets will be fulfilled more easily.

These are all time low base prices and I don’t think all paint colors have ever been free before. I have to wonder how long these prices will last. I predict slight price increases fairly soon once they book enough orders for the quarter or maybe going through next quarter.

The competition in 2024 is getting humongous, Tesla will continue dropping prices to stay ahead.

Once CT ramps up, whenever that is, their volume targets will be fulfilled more easily.

CT will continue to osborne the S/X, and with CT low price point it will pull S/X down too.

Lowering pricing will not hurt previous Tesla purchasers who paid a higher price. The delta between what you can sell your used Tesla and what you will need to pay for your new Tesla will be pretty constant.
Used refresh MXPs used to hover north of 100k, and recently in the 90’s. Nobody is going to buy the same exact car, with 10-20k miles and less tech for more money then a brand new one. A new MXP (equipped like my $147k plaid) is 97k.

How does residual value not get impacted?

The competition in 2024 is getting humongous, Tesla will continue dropping prices to stay ahead.

CT will continue to osborne the S/X, and with CT low price point it will pull S/X down too.
We’ve been hearing about competition for years. It has finally arrived but is still inferior in many ways to Tesla and sales numbers consistently reflect that. I’m not saying it has no effect, but ‘humongous’ is a stretch. I agree they will stay priced below the competition, which is exactly what they just did. Financial pressure on Lucid, et al. just skyrocketed (again).

Just looking at supply/demand- CT will cost a lot more than many are hoping, at least for the first ~year of production. I predict it will be positioned above the new MX price, maybe by a lot.