Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From DS - "Your car is currently in production. Just waiting on it to complete and hit the logistics queue before we can talk delivery dates. Getting close…"

Fingers crossed.

ModelXTracker | X90D | Obsidian | 20 | Blk/Blk | 6S | PUP | SAS | SWP | UHFS | HACU
Reserved: 7/18/2016 | Confirmed: 7/25/2016 | VIN 158XX | Delivery: Mid/Late Sep

Reactions: S-2-X
Order confirmed 7/18 on a 90D, white, tan 6-seater and the DS is saying mid-September. VIN is 15xxx. I'm hopeful that the DS is right but not terribly confident!
Back in July, I never would have guessed it...but, we just took delivery today! 6 weeks from order confirmation to delivery. I am thanking my lucky stars. I'm sorry to read about so many other folks who are having such long waits.

My order was confirmed on 7/22 and VIN 155XX, production completed today. I did not get update from DS until a couple of days ago. I called Tesla 1-888 number and then I started getting responses and vehicle status. Try calling 1-888 number, you may get some response.

• Informative
Reactions: long
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be that there is little rhyme or reason what order they are built. I have a 155XX VIN confirmed 7/20 still waiting for production, but I see other cars with similar VINs already done, or cars with later VINs entering production now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be that there is little rhyme or reason what order they are built. I have a 155XX VIN confirmed 7/20 still waiting for production, but I see other cars with similar VINs already done, or cars with later VINs entering production now.
You are correct. Do not read much into date/VIN to determine where you are in production queue. In my case I noticed 60D people with 6 seaters seem to get VINs faster than 7 (date of confirmation rather than few weeks later for the latter). Some of them ordering after me already shared the cars have entered production, and they are not even in California. However it looks like most are still getting late Sept delivery estimate.

• Informative

No one outside of Tesla manufacturing understands the logic or reasoning in how vehicles are scheduled for production. My March order VIN #117xx is only in production just now, and I have a fairly "normal" configuration. There may be some timing based on paint/parts availability for certain less popular option packages. Elon is always saying (in reference to the 3) how one missing or late part out of thousands of parts on a car can hold up production. I ordered UHFS, which I don't recall seeing too many orders/VINs near mine that had that option, so perhaps that was the reason, but I cannot believe that there were no UHFS-equipped vehicles not being produced in the factory in the last 3-4 months.

Some would posit that destination may have some part in how vehicles are produced, but I don't see why that matters. When I ordered my S three years ago, it was almost 8 weeks to the day from order confirmation to delivery here in Hawaii.

• Informative
Reactions: S-2-X and TslaMom
No one outside of Tesla manufacturing understands the logic or reasoning in how vehicles are scheduled for production. My March order VIN #117xx is only in production just now, and I have a fairly "normal" configuration. There may be some timing based on paint/parts availability for certain less popular option packages. Elon is always saying (in reference to the 3) how one missing or late part out of thousands of parts on a car can hold up production. I ordered UHFS, which I don't recall seeing too many orders/VINs near mine that had that option, so perhaps that was the reason, but I cannot believe that there were no UHFS-equipped vehicles not being produced in the factory in the last 3-4 months.

I heard that Tesla do batch production for orders for international orders, so they can ship them together to the destination countries. Looks like you are in Hawaii, maybe Tesla consider Hawaii as a foreign country. :)