Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm reluctantly morphing to this thread from the one for August Deliveries. Sigh...

MX 75D Confirmed 6/17. (See full config in signature line) VIN assigned 7/3. Entered Production 8/10. MVPA target delivery date 8/24. In "final stages" of production since 8/16. Still no confirmed delivery date. According to our DS there is a sourcing issue with headlamp parts. (Yet at least one similarity equipped model ordered after ours is already scheduled for delivery next week.)

We originally had a completely unresponsive DS. After elevating our dissatisfaction, we were assigned a new one who promptly responds to all messages ... Even on her days off! Handholding? Yes! And she's very good at it!

I'm reluctantly morphing to this thread from the one for August Deliveries. Sigh...

MX 75D Confirmed 6/17. (See full config in signature line) VIN assigned 7/3. Entered Production 8/10. MVPA target delivery date 8/24. In "final stages" of production since 8/16. Still no confirmed delivery date. According to our DS there is a sourcing issue with headlamp parts. (Yet at least one similarity equipped model ordered after ours is already scheduled for delivery next week.)

We originally had a completely unresponsive DS. After elevating our dissatisfaction, we were assigned a new one who promptly responds to all messages ... Even on her days off! Handholding? Yes! And she's very good at it!

My DS has been on 2 vacations since she was assigned to us. Without the vacations her responses would take a full day to respond to emails and I could never reach her over the phone. I'm glad we're close to delivery now.

Reactions: S-2-X
Maybe I'll stay in this thread if it's true but it's estimated for me late September to October. Just confirmed yesterday 8/31 and VIN assigned is 196XX which is significantly higher than the ones in here. Looks like they're cranking them out but the tell-tale sign will be when I get the going into production email. 4 weeks would be crazy.

I can't see a company doing this. And what they could do is just replace one car that is in line with another X that is close-enough and build that instead for another customer.
OK you have 100 parts to either pull or replace. The parts are in different parts of the factory and possibly even communicated to suppliers so their supply drop has everything for VINs 16,000-16,999 - in sequence order of the correct fabric & color.

You forgot a bumper and only changed 99 of the parts? Oops now all the cars have the bumper that belongs to the car in front. ZOMG we just made 500 cars with the bumpers mixed up!

No way. Simpler to let the line run as configured and pull the entire vehicle at the end, route it to inventory instead of a customer.

Reactions: TslaMom