Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Support Group

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was just cruel. CRUEL. Their database should let them know you have an early reservation so they could start the sentence with, 'This is NOT about the Model X, I'm calling about ...'. Or maybe they DID know and were just having a bit of fun.

Jokesters! :)
LOL. After I explained I was already an owner (didn't mention the X res), he was surprised and did apologize. I was telling him that this was reserving a test spot for several friends in the Calgary area that I'm bringing to the event. This was all arranged and booked before the referral program and I guess they are backlogged too with confirming slots during the events. But boy oh boy, they really should be doing that out of a single source of truth CRM system. Reading that Tesla, I can make that happen for you! HA!

But boy oh boy, they really should be doing that out of a single source of truth CRM system. Reading that Tesla, I can make that happen for you! HA!

Tesla uses Salesforce for their CRM which certainly is capable of addressing many of the data issues they have with communications. They just need to bother to do the necessary configuration / custom development. As a Salesforce developer myself I too could help them out in some of those areas, hah :) I just don't care to move to California though ;)

Tesla uses Salesforce for their CRM which certainly is capable of addressing many of the data issues they have with communications. They just need to bother to do the necessary configuration / custom development. As a Salesforce developer myself I too could help them out in some of those areas, hah :) I just don't care to move to California though ;)
:) Wondering if they are indeed looking at completing that part. I see a dream job posted now, but its in China. I would move to California, but not China.

https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TESLA&cws=1&rid=29602

Here is my quandary for the support group: We have a three-car garage and every bay is filled with a Tesla already. We have a Model X reservation (Canada P~700).

The only way I can justify taking delivery on the X is to let go of our dearly beloved Signature Model S, #2 in Canada and #1 in western Canada. It would feel cheap to just trade it in; and that value will not be that high anyway, since it has almost 100k kms on it. We feel like it should have some special home in BC. Any ideas?

Here is my quandary for the support group: We have a three-car garage and every bay is filled with a Tesla already. We have a Model X reservation (Canada P~700).

The only way I can justify taking delivery on the X is to let go of our dearly beloved Signature Model S, #2 in Canada and #1 in western Canada. It would feel cheap to just trade it in; and that value will not be that high anyway, since it has almost 100k kms on it. We feel like it should have some special home in BC. Any ideas?
I think a local buyer would be nice. I assume it'll drop to a point where a lucky person could finally pick up a Tesla. Try VEVA maillist and their legacy website listing if you want to keep it in the 'family' perhaps might work.

Build a 4 car garage!

Vger, I have a friend in Bozeman that lives 3/4 time in Napa and 1/4 time in Bozeman. The husband just got a Pearl White P85D and his wife just told me she just feels so safe in it that she would like to buy a used Model S. If it could work out, you might make a good friend that owns a winery in Napa and could maybe visit Ruby when she's here in Bozeman. No idea what price range she is looking, but I could mention it tomorrow when I hope to visit with them. BTW, Bozeman just got a new 70D, so now we have 5 in Town!

Last edited:
Vger, I have a friend in Bozeman that live 3/4 time in Napa and 1/4 time in Bozeman. The husband just got and Pearl White P85D and his wife just told me she just feels so safe in it that she would like to buy a used one. It could work out you might make a good friend that owns a winery in Napa and could maybe visit Ruby when she's here in Bozeman. No idea what price range she is looking but I could mention it tomorrow when I hope to visit with them.

Thanks for the thought DrG, but I prefer that the car stays in Canada, and preferably in BC.

There's a guy in Phoenix with seven Teslas. His solution was simple: Build another garage. If you did that, you could guarantee it would stay in Canada.

I find that I'm needing additional support, TMC help me!
1. The theory that the company or people within it are delaying the MX to tank the stock price has lodged in my brain. I shouldn't care, I need every penny to pay for the PV system and the car, none left to gamble on stock anyway, but there it is.
2. The idea that the MX is being held until the auto pilot is "done" hit me last night while reading some random post. While auto pilot would be nice, it's just gravy. Don't make us wait!
3. A story on Teslarati this morning
http://www.teslarati.com/tesla-lower-delivery-guidance-result-model-x-production-delays/
that orders for parts orders have not been placed. In my obsessive skimming of the interwebs my earlier impression was that parts were not available or able to be supplied for some reason. The tone of this article is more that they just have not been ordered, like "whut, we was never planning to crank out a buncha cars, we'z just playin' you"
Thanks in advance...

Lucy,

Elon/Tesla was deliberately dampening expectations in the Earnings Report as there's nothing worse than hyping the stock and seeing it plummet when you don't reach stated guidance. The 10-Q obliges (see Part II, Item 1A) companies to acknowledge all risk factors so Tesla would be in big trouble with the SEC if they didn't state that they are dependent upon suppliers who are building new parts.

Anyone who has been expecting a ramp-up from a small number of test cars to 1,000 per week is being ridiculously naïve. The ramp will be slow and steady, and it's extremely unlikely that it will reach serious weekly volume until Q1. The Teslarati post is just a rehash of the GCR story which is a rehash of month old rumors on TMC; folks like to extrapolate "hand-built cars" to be some big, bad, thing but I've been happily driving my hand-built early Model S for 3 years now and I'll take one of those first 1,000 Xs quite happily also.

I'm sure the Tesla procurement guys know what they are doing and yes it's quite possible that the bigger orders haven't gone out yet but that is clearly because Tesla (as stated) is testing pilot runs for QA. Again, I have no doubt my Sig X will be of excellent quality and Tesla won't be using rejected parts. Is it possible that some parts fail and that slows production? Sure, but that's the case for every car manufacturer on every build.

Now if Model X gets launched with AutoPilot v.2.0 before the Model S guys get their firmware then there'll be all hell breaking loose over in the Model S section of the forum. But that's no reason to hold back Model X, in fact Tesla would take double the PR hit for being late on both. Tesla will release the beta version of AutoPilot soon (target is 8/15) and we'll see Founders Xs getting delivered later next month.

Stay strong. :)

Anyone who has been expecting a ramp-up from a small number of test cars to 1,000 per week is being ridiculously naïve.

I believed it as late as July because of Elon saying so in May.

Tesla will release the beta version of AutoPilot soon (target is 8/15) and we'll see Founders Xs getting delivered later next month.

Why would it be naive to believe Elon on the fast ramp up but not on the delivery off the Autopilot or first cars next month?

Last edited:
Difference between short and long term perhaps? I may be wrong but I don't recall hearing Elon say they'd get to 1,000 Xs per week in this calendar year.

Elon was talking about a fast ramp up in 2, max 3 months from September onwards as late as half May. That's about the same time frame out as he was claiming first cars by end of this quarter at the last earnings release. Granted the autopilot claims are a bit shorter term, but not by that much. The original plan, still accurate in May, was to exit this year with a run rate of 2000 cars a month, about half split over both models.