Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Timeline - From Prototype to Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel better that I am not alone. Just hoping our numbers come up soon. Still find it strange people with higher VINs than us are already in QC. Love the transparency, makes sitting patiently so much easier. :cursing:

I, too, love transparency, so here is my information: I am/was Model X signature reservation holder #491. Received car on Dec. 31, 2015 (after MANY calls to Tesla and excessive b*tching and moaning, on my part). Silver P90D, vin in mid-600's, loaded with everything except ludicrous speed. I also think that it helped that I paid cash...no trade-in, no lease, no financing, but I am speculating.

If you have read my earlier posts, you know I was extremely frustrated with lack of information flow, but now it is like birthing a child...I have (almost) forgotten the pain of the process and I adore my new "baby". The car is a dream and is absolutely worth the wait. Now I wish I had twins!!!! That being said, I would still love to have a chat with "the father" about his communication skills...

Last edited:
Started day after Xmas 12/26/15 (California)
Delivery Late March-April (conversing with my DS)
VIN xxxxxxxx2928

MX 90D
Titanium exterior w/Tan Seats (6 seater)
-- Am I the only one who choose Titainium?

20" silver wheels
Matte obeche, black headliner

Autopilot
UH fidelity sound

Nothing fancy......

I, too, love transparency, so here is my information: I am/was Model X signature reservation holder #491. Received car on Dec. 31, 2015 (after MANY calls to Tesla and excessive b*tching and moaning, on my part). Silver P90D, vin in mid-600's, loaded with everything except ludicrous speed. I also think that it helped that I paid cash...no trade-in, no lease, no financing, but I am speculating.

If you have read my earlier posts, you know I was extremely frustrated with lack of information flow, but now it is like birthing a child...I have (almost) forgotten the pain of the process and I adore my new "baby". The car is a dream and is absolutely worth the wait. Now I wish I had twins!!!! That being said, I would still love to have a chat with "the father" about his communication skills...

Hahaha. You have given me hope... can't wait to love my baby, but I still hate the "father" (the type of father that never wakes up to get the baby at night and doesn't appreciate his wife... the worst. And yet the mother considers having a 3rd child with him, a Model 3).

I just found a the following number/alphanumeric on my, my tesla page. 5YJXCBE43GF002---. My delivery date estimate is April - early May . just before thetigerfan's P90D. Is this a vin number? and does it mean I can really expect to see an X on May 15th?
Yes it is your VIN number and per what is happening with deliveries lately it is most likely that you may expect this estimated delivery to be somewhat accurate as long as another hold up doesn't happen :)

Got the call today!

Pick up Mar 30 at Factory with tour.

Ordered/Deposit March 15 2015

Configured Jan 5 2016

Confirmed Jan 12 2016

VIN 20xx Mar 7

Scheduled delivery Mar 24-31 on page.

Model X 90D
All-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
20" Silver Wheels
Tan Leather Seats
Figured Ash Wood Décor
Light Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Supercharger Enabled
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Subzero Weather Package
Towing Package

Picked up our Red P90D in Costa Mesa California on 3/22/16. Configured it back in October. Cupholders in the rear won't come out from delivery and the back seat is not folding down properly from delivery. Waiting for service, the car is a blast to drive and love the supercharging station 1.5 miles from the house.

Reactions: loganintx
Reservation March 5th 2013
Confirmed Jan 21, 2016
Delivery tomorrow!!
Model X P90D
All-Wheel Drive
Solid White Paint
20" Silver Helix Wheels
Ultra White Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Black Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Active Spoiler
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Accessory Hitch

Picked ours up yesterday in Fremont. Exchange took a full hour because we were newbies and wanted to see and hear everything.

No problem with a personal check for the entire amount less the $5k deposit. Swag was just a bag, Tesla tissue paper, pen and Tesla umbrella.

Started day after Xmas 12/26/15 (California)
Delivery Late March-April (conversing with my DS)
VIN xxxxxxxx2928

MX 90D
Titanium exterior w/Tan Seats (6 seater)
-- Am I the only one who choose Titainium?

20" silver wheels
Matte obeche, black headliner

Autopilot
UH fidelity sound

Nothing fancy......
My MX 90D was confirmed 12/14, VIN 27XX, pearl white w/tan seats -also 6 seater. MY DS expects delivery same as yours. I'll believe it when I see it.