Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Timeline - From Prototype to Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
perfect pics, thanks again. Steering wheel looks about the same as PUP I think, either way looks good enough for sure. Maybe a request for a PUP owner to take a similar shot of the upper dashboard to compare. Perhaps the mesh there is for UHFS speakers or even regular speakers as well?

- No white anywhere, door is tan leather like seats, see second pic showing passenger side
- Black vinyl on dash similar to steering wheel, but not as thick & soft (it might be black leather)
- Upper dash transitions to kind of a mesh black. Headliner is kind of a mesh too
- Driver seat pic attached
- Notice unused seat belt metal clasp rest position. There is a more forward position (just one) of passenger seat where this clacks against the plastic back side of seat while driving alone. Small issue nobody would thought of.
View attachment 172960View attachment 172963
Thanks!
Ahh first glimpse of the non PUP seats, looks like a replica of the PUP seats leaving out the perforated top layer + ventilated motors (inside).

perfect pics, thanks again. Steering wheel looks about the same as PUP I think, either way looks good enough for sure. Maybe a request for a PUP owner to take a similar shot of the upper dashboard to compare. Perhaps the mesh there is for UHFS speakers or even regular speakers as well?
BTW, my UHFS is great, w/o any comparison to non-UHFS

Plenty of volume above what you need at full freeway speeds, equalizer adjusting suggested etc. Wind noise I've not seen as an issue at this early stage.

Reactions: goneskiian
I have a 2700 VIN and the car has been in production over 2 months. My delivery manager is out to lunch, never communicates unless I bug him. Apparently the door recall threw the production into a tailspin and they are still recovering. But I have no idea when, if ever, I will get delivery. Two weeks ago he said (only after I bugged him) that it in was in the final production stage, and he would give me a better idea the end of last week. But of course, I have heard nothing, and it is the end of this week. His name is Nick Wcislo. If you have him, don't expect much. I think he used to sell used cars.

Reactions: Colby Boles
Crazy. Odd we can all have such widespread experiences. And also odd I was never prompted to grade Tesla on all aspects of my delivery experience or car. I cannot even buy a bolt and washer anymore without being hounded to complete surveys and take quality acceptance tests etc. And for a $125k car, I did not even get a thank you note or a 'how is it going letter?'.

Tesla needs a CMO or at least a CQA person, or fire the ones they have.

Crazy. Odd we can all have such widespread experiences. And also odd I was never prompted to grade Tesla on all aspects of my delivery experience or car. I cannot even buy a bolt and washer anymore without being hounded to complete surveys and take quality acceptance tests etc. And for a $125k car, I did not even get a thank you note or a 'how is it going letter?'.

I totally agree with you!

I promise that I will give Tesla a full report of my "delivery experience" - if I have to send it directly to Ilan!!! - That is, of course, if I ever get a "delivery" to report on.

• Love
Reactions: akordz
Silly question....blame on my newbie-ness....

Where do you find the VIN# on your profile? How soon does it appear after confirming an order?
Usually get an email from your DS telling you your VIN has been assigned and it is in production queue (don't get excited - that's just a wait list for production.. not actually being produced. They are sourcing the parts at this point.) . Vin will show below pic of your car on your MyTesla page. Then it can take a really long time to get another update.

Hello all, I am new to the site and wanted to get your expertise on my delivery date. I reserved a Model X June 2015. Was contacted and configured 1st part of January 2016. I am paying cash for a 75D and no trade in. From reading the forum looks like July for start of production on the 75D but I have no idea how many are in front of me. What do you experts think a ballpark date is?

Hello all, I am new to the site and wanted to get your expertise on my delivery date. I reserved a Model X June 2015. Was contacted and configured 1st part of January 2016. I am paying cash for a 75D and no trade in. From reading the forum looks like July for start of production on the 75D but I have no idea how many are in front of me. What do you experts think a ballpark date is?

Depends on your configuration. There is a lot of uncertainty so don't take any of this as certain. That said, here are the current best estimates for delivery dates on the 75D: (later date always takes priority)
1) If 5 seats, "late 2016".
2) If coil suspension, September (October?) delivery
3) If air suspension and 6/7 seats, July

Depends on your configuration. There is a lot of uncertainty so don't take any of this as certain. That said, here are the current best estimates for delivery dates on the 75D: (later date always takes priority)
1) If 5 seats, "late 2016".
2) If coil suspension, September (October?) delivery
3) If air suspension and 6/7 seats, July

Thank you so much. I never thought about the seat configuration having and effect.
I ordered:
5 seat
Upgraded Sound
Auto Pilot
White Fo Leather