Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X UK deliveries in 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delighted for the members finally getting their cars this week. However still down in the dumps as still no accurate information as to when our cars will be made. Being treated like a mushroom by Tesla ie kept in the dark is not filling me with Christmas cheer. I bet I am not the only one who would just like an accurate date when our cars are due to be made so we can make some sort of plans. I guess the next opportunity for a right hand drive run would be early Jan 17 after they have closed the book on this quarter. If this doesn't happen I don't see how we can get the cars before the VED changes which will cause an uproar with all its UK customers.

Reactions: Lowey007
I guess the next opportunity for a right hand drive run would be early Jan 17 after they have closed the book on this quarter. If this doesn't happen I don't see how we can get the cars before the VED changes which will cause an uproar with all its UK customers.

An extract from the email I received once my S order had been confirmed, I imagine you will have received the same;

Once built the car takes around 8-10 weeks to be ready for you in the UK. The majority of this time is spent crossing the US before finally crossing the Atlantic to the Netherlands where it goes through final assembly before coming to the UK. When the car does leave the US I will be in touch to reduce your 6 week estimate delivery window to a 2 week estimate delivery window.

Knowing how Tesla time seems to be longer than normal time, if the car isn't built by the middle of Jan I think they are really going to struggle to meet the 31st March deadline. Thinking positively, and assuming they don't have any supply chain issues, hopefully production can begin from now as surely they can't build and supply to the local market before 31st Dec.

Delighted for the members finally getting their cars this week. However still down in the dumps as still no accurate information as to when our cars will be made. Being treated like a mushroom by Tesla ie kept in the dark is not filling me with Christmas cheer. I bet I am not the only one who would just like an accurate date when our cars are due to be made so we can make some sort of plans. I guess the next opportunity for a right hand drive run would be early Jan 17 after they have closed the book on this quarter. If this doesn't happen I don't see how we can get the cars before the VED changes which will cause an uproar with all its UK customers.
Hi Cookielovers,
I share your pain, emailed Tesla over a week ago and asked if they had a delivery update (DS and SA) had zero response from either ! To be fair I asked for March delivery way back in August but after the arrived in Tilburg saga I thought it would be sensible to try and get a heads up on if March was going to be realistic ? Like you just want a bit of communication so I can start making arrangements for things such as chargers, insurance and putting finance in place.
Interestingly a couple of weeks ago my sales advisor emailed me to ask if I had my finances in place which coincided with my Tesla updating that my car was in production.

First ordered and deposit paid October 2014, (yes 2014) finally allowed to configure and confirm order in June 2016, up spec from p90d to p100d in November. Vin number in December, order status changed from in production to in delivery transit 2 weeks ago. Suggested delivery end of Jan beginning of Feb.
I'm not holding my breath but rubber floor mats ordered and insurance set up ready.

First ordered and deposit paid October 2014, (yes 2014) finally allowed to configure and confirm order in June 2016, up spec from p90d to p100d in November. Vin number in December, order status changed from in production to in delivery transit 2 weeks ago. Suggested delivery end of Jan beginning of Feb.
I'm not holding my breath but rubber floor mats ordered and insurance set up ready.
Happy Christmas everyone!

Y4ndy - congrats - I have a similar order and timing to you (apart from the 2014 bit!)... can you let us know which mats you ordered and also insurance company? I was going to order mats through www.formytesla.com but I don't think they do RHD / would need a tracing or cardboard template.

Thank you!

Great to see uk owners finally taking delivery of their model X in the last week. Congrats Cheeky I joined the forum at the same time as you and delighted to see the pics of your car. Jealous as hell cant wait for mine to arrive but still waiting for it to be made in the second wave

Hi Cookielovers,
I share your pain, emailed Tesla over a week ago and asked if they had a delivery update (DS and SA) had zero response from either ! To be fair I asked for March delivery way back in August but after the arrived in Tilburg saga I thought it would be sensible to try and get a heads up on if March was going to be realistic ? Like you just want a bit of communication so I can start making arrangements for things such as chargers, insurance and putting finance in place.
Interestingly a couple of weeks ago my sales advisor emailed me to ask if I had my finances in place which coincided with my Tesla updating that my car was in production.
Any news/update Tan?

Very sad and frustrated this morning following a reply from my DS to a late email I sent yesterday chasing for info as getting VERY VERY WORRIED!!!
"
Hope you’re keeping well. Your frustration is noted. To repeat myself, it’s extremely hard to know exactly when your car will be built. We’re still planning to build at the end of Jan, but this may be further impacted by delays in Fremont. I hate to say it but it is the nature of the build. You’re not the only customer in this situation which is very frustrating for myself. There’s nobody jumping ahead of you in the queue. Again, we are doing everything we can to build cars as quickly as possible. Soon we will know more and you will hear from me. "

So this is the 5th change in suggested build time. First 5th December, then 19th December, then 22nd decmber, then 26th December, then early January and then todays comments suggest possible February. I was assured that we would receive the car befoire the VED change when I ordered in July but this is now getting stupid. I am alone or are others getting frustrated too!!!!!

Any news/update Tan?
Unfortunately not, I emailed my DS just before Christmas to inform her that I intend on putting a private reg on the car and also asked again regarding delivery , her response was that she would check in the New year when things return to normal after The holidays!
My car went into production a couple of weeks ago . I guess it shouldn't be much longer until it has been built but who knows what is going on behind the scenes?

So this is the 5th change in suggested build time. First 5th December, then 19th December, then 22nd decmber, then 26th December, then early January and then todays comments suggest possible February. I was assured that we would receive the car befoire the VED change when I ordered in July but this is now getting stupid. I am alone or are others getting frustrated too!!!!!

No Cookie you are not the only one. I placed my order on 1st November after testing the X that day too, as at the end of the drive when we said we needed to chat we were told by the Senior Sales guy that if we wanted to get March delivery and avoid the VED change, then we really needed to place an order that week or the following week latest. We ordered 1 hour later.
Since this time my experience dealing with Tesla has been lousy although I also received an email from the Sales Manager at the store assuring me as long as the car lands and is registered this will be fine.
I too am using a private plate and to be honest i only want to take it off my existing car when I have to. However, I also have another car I need to settle the PCP on which will need to be done as early as possible but I can just visualise me driving in a hire car for an extended period due top ate delivery.

It's not good, I appreciate its a new business but surely the production should / is be planned ahead so they know roughly within a few weeks when the car is going to be built.
I will be returning from holiday next week and will be contacting my DS to get an update, and fyi, I had asked fork ne before I went away on 15/12 but got a stock reply don't know what's happening.

Unfortunately not, I emailed my DS just before Christmas to inform her that I intend on putting a private reg on the car and also asked again regarding delivery , her response was that she would check in the New year when things return to normal after The holidays!
My car went into production a couple of weeks ago . I guess it shouldn't be much longer until it has been built but who knows what is going on behind the scenes?
Actually on holiday in States at moment and spending last week with friend in San Mateo (15 mins from Freemont), so did Tesla factory tour. Was told (no secret anyway) by guide that cars spend approx 10-12 days being built so would guess your is built if it actually did go into production.
Factory tour interesting and what it showed (again no secret) was that cars on production line are mixed in rhd, lhd etc and there were plenty of both and also S and X
Fingers crossed for you, and for all the of us

Reactions: Tanflado
Actually on holiday in States at moment and spending last week with friend in San Mateo (15 mins from Freemont), so did Tesla factory tour. Was told (no secret anyway) by guide that cars spend approx 10-12 days being built so would guess your is built if it actually did go into production.
Factory tour interesting and what it showed (again no secret) was that cars on production line are mixed in rhd, lhd etc and there were plenty of both and also S and X
Fingers crossed for you, and for all the of us

I was talking to my wife about visiting the factory when we go over, although no concrete dates yet. Was it worth it @Lowey007?

On the production question, a very credible source on another forum, believes the only reliable update in My Tesla at this stage is the date the car goes into production. I'm not sure about the X but the S only takes a few days to build, before it is partially taken apart again for loading into containers. This process adds a few days to the "build time", before the container is loaded into the train heading for Houston. At some point My Tesla is manually updated to show "in transit". It's perfectly possible for a car to be in transit before My Tesla is updated, giving the impression it's taken longer to build than someone else's.

I should caveat this is all Model S based experience but I don't see why it should be any different for the X.

I was talking to my wife about visiting the factory when we go over, although no concrete dates yet. Was it worth it @Lowey007?

The tour is Interesting and great to see all the cars and the place itself which is huge, so if you are there it's worth doing although you don't see anything you haven't really seen on you tube.
Re production, they made a huge point of the great paint job they give and how each car spends 5-6 days alone in the paint shop... Not sure how many workers were on hols but only seemed like half factory alive although as we all know, they have extra tents outside for all of the handovers they are doing to get the cars out the door...
Happy new year and here's to taking delivery when we expected..

Happy Christmas everyone!

Y4ndy - congrats - I have a similar order and timing to you (apart from the 2014 bit!)... can you let us know which mats you ordered and also insurance company? I was going to order mats through www.formytesla.com but I don't think they do RHD / would need a tracing or cardboard template.

Thank you!

Macca99, sorry for late reply I've bee away.
As for the mats they are :-
ToughPRO Tesla Model X Floor Mats Set - All Weather - Heavy Duty- Black Rubber- 7 Seater -(2016-2017) by ToughPRO
I purchased on Amazon
Link ToughPRO Tesla Model X Floor Mats Set - All Weather - Heavy Duty- Black Rubber- 7 Seater -(2016-2017) by ToughPRO: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike.
At £369 for the set.

As for insurance the best quote I've had ncluding adding my wife and 2 sons was from direct line who now have Tesla model x on their listing.
As for delivery my status has changed from in delivery to at sea on its way to Europe.
I know they all get delivered to Tesla Euro office in Holland and they sent out from there to various countries in Europe so unloaded then re loaded onto another boat for uk.
The status changed last week so allowing 1 week at sea, 1 week to unload check and re load in Holland and 1 week to come here to uk I'm now expecting delivery in 2 weeks time. As said I did originally get on the list and paid my deposit back in late 2014 so for me it's been just over 2 years.
I've also installed my Tesla home charging unit in the garage so all ready and waiting.
In April I'm having a tesla power wall 2 installed with solar panels so hoping to at least part charge the car via this from solar.

I hope this helps. Best

Very frustrating that still no answer regarding production and delivery date. I ordered the model X in August. When I place my order, the sale person project Feb delivery. But now delivery postponed to June. I think we should write a group complain letter to tesla or start a petition to show our frustration. The car we buying is £100k NOT a £20k skoda. We should receive better treatment then this.

T28Yau don't panic. I ordered my X at beggining of August and have the same information in my tesla. It's incorrect!!! I like you and many others wanted answers re delivery and was not happy with the ever changing date provided by the DS. I contacted Tesla Chiswick and spoke to the manager who arranged for the head of uk deliveries to call me today. He called as promised and after airing my grievances he assured me that my car and many others will be made at the end of the month. He also assured me we would get them before the VED changes. The next change to my tesla will be to confirm car has started production so keep an eye on mytesla in the weeks to come. So if you missed the first batch then your most likely in this next run.

T28Yau don't panic. I ordered my X at beggining of August and have the same information in my tesla. It's incorrect!!! I like you and many others wanted answers re delivery and was not happy with the ever changing date provided by the DS. I contacted Tesla Chiswick and spoke to the manager who arranged for the head of uk deliveries to call me today. He called as promised and after airing my grievances he assured me that my car and many others will be made at the end of the month. He also assured me we would get them before the VED changes. The next change to my tesla will be to confirm car has started production so keep an eye on mytesla in the weeks to come. So if you missed the first batch then your most likely in this next run.

Hi Cookielovers, thank you so much for the information.