Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X UK deliveries in 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H
What on earth is going on with my tesla mine changed to
  • Estimated Delivery Range: May, 2017 - Early June, 2017
Then it says

What's Next?
Your Tesla has arrived at the Tilburg Factory in the Netherlands for final assembly. Your Tesla will soon be in transit to your delivery location. Learn about your Tesla. View walkthrough videos.

None of this makes sense my Ds said on Friday it was now scheduled for Boxing Day manufacturering which I posted yesterday but I was led to believe delivery end of Feb beginning march. I once again reminded them that I required delivery before the VED change at beginning of April hence the order in July. If other cars are delivered and we don't get ours I will be extremely annoyed.

Hey Cookie, I have also been advised Boxing Day, which is quite exciting as we (family) are in states over xmas and new year and actually have a factory tour on 29th Dec so going to be looking out for mine- how cool would that be exto see it ? (Also proof that it's actually being built and exists!)

H

Hey Cookie, I have also been advised Boxing Day, which is quite exciting as we (family) are in states over xmas and new year and actually have a factory tour on 29th Dec so going to be looking out for mine- how cool would that be exto see it ? (Also proof that it's actually being built and exists!)

D'you fancy taking a load of VIN's with you and reporting back on progress :)

My tesla has now removed the mention of Tilburg, however the guidance date of between may and June 2017 still remains. It's a disgrace. The one place we should be able to rely apon has no accurate information. If our cars are scheduled to be built week of 26th Dec 2016 then we should be advised. Instead we have inaccurate information. Really Dissapointed with Tesla we should expect better service for a £85k + car.

Reactions: Lowey007
Really Dissapointed with Tesla we should expect better service for a £85k + car.
Can't agree more. Think the feedback and general comms if buying a £5k Dacia Duster would be better than this. Worse thing is they obviously realise and seem to do bugger all in terms of improving the situation or apologising... Great product I hope but the arrogance that surrounds the brand is unreal

Can't agree more. Think the feedback and general comms if buying a £5k Dacia Duster would be better than this. Worse thing is they obviously realise and seem to do bugger all in terms of improving the situation or apologising... Great product I hope but the arrogance that surrounds the brand is unreal

I don't think it's arrogance at the UK level, I think the RHD cars are pushed off the production line principally in favour of the local market, and that's coming sharply into focus at the end of Q4.

The fiasco of the website this weekend hasn't helped that's for sure.

Look I love tesla, and I am more than willing to give them some leeway. However I do feel this whole business of right hand drive being the second class citizen just can't continue. Elon needs to treat both markets fairly. It should be about when you ordered the car not where you are located. Whilst the cars are made in the west coast of the USA we understand the longer leed time to deliver but I really think this just isn't right moving forward especially with model 3. Like others it feels like the delays are now being caused by tesla itself. With the ending of lifetime supercharging on 31st of December you get a surge of demand. Tesla only count delivered cars in this quarters numbers so I guess Any cars bought and sold in the west coast of USA can be delivered and cars to Europe can't so guess what happens they delay us again. I hate to be cynical but I don't feel the love in the uk right now!!!

[QUOTE="cookielovers, If our cars are scheduled to be built week of 26th Dec 2016 then we should be advised. Instead we have inaccurate information. Really Dissapointed with Tesla we should expect better service for a £85k + car.[/QUOTE]

About 3 weeks ago I was advised that my , JAN 2015 reservation model X would start production on 26th Dec.
In OCT I do recall my DS and two different sales personnel telling me, that they can't see any UK deliveries until late JAN 2017.

I was with Tesla Birmingham on Thursday and they advised that they have a few cars that "should" be going out on 17th Dec if all homologation of rhd vehicles is completed, that seemed to be all the delay at this end.. The lack of cars is at Fremont and another story.

I have a VIN for my X60D and had a production date of 19th December, now bumped to 23rd January. My estimated delivery went from Feb/Mar to May/June. This is my second Tesla, so I have got used to this application of Tesla time which, if you have read Elon's autobiography, often stems from him always driving the business with the shortest possible deadlines.

It is possible that RHD production has ceased temporarily because of a supply chain problem on some of the unique parts for RHD cars, although this is unlikely. Actually I agree with DJP31 and think the far more prosaic issue of cashflow is much more likely to be the cause. Home market cars take far less time to reach their new owners, who pay on delivery. Shipping plus time at Tilburg adds one to two months to the payment received date, so if you need cash you switch to home market production.

I'd rather wait a couple of months and be confident there's still going to be a company there to support me during the ownership programme.

If any of you here waited 'till your wedding night then you already know just how it feels to wait for your first Tesla!

Well I have no idea what's going on now after build date moved for the 4th time the DS is now saying build in the New Year but now not even a date!!! Finding this process really upsetting now. With totally inaccurate info in MYTESLA and ever changing dates from the DS its impacting my joy and excited and just making me depressed. I have contacted Tesla Europe requiring more info and reminding them that if the cars are not delivered in the UK before the VED changes its going to cause a terrible amount of negative PR. I am pretty sure all production is being focused on deliverable stock so they can deliver another bumper quarter. Cars to the UK cant arrive in time so why bother building them!!!! Really frustrated.

Well I have no idea what's going on now after build date moved for the 4th time the DS is now saying build in the New Year but now not even a date!!! Finding this process really upsetting now. With totally inaccurate info in MYTESLA and ever changing dates from the DS its impacting my joy and excited and just making me depressed. I have contacted Tesla Europe requiring more info and reminding them that if the cars are not delivered in the UK before the VED changes its going to cause a terrible amount of negative PR. I am pretty sure all production is being focused on deliverable stock so they can deliver another bumper quarter. Cars to the UK cant arrive in time so why bother building them!!!! Really frustrated.

I can feel your frustration and understand it completely. I remember reading threads like this when the S was first coming to the UK. Thankfully once the car has arrived the wait seems to be have pretty quickly forgotten.

I'm waiting for an S so my wait is not as long as yours but patience is not one of my virtues, so I'm struggling too!

In truth I think we will see production start on RHD S and X models shortly after Christmas and late Feb to end March will be a really busy time over here. The cars are sent in batches so some will be sitting around waiting for the batch to be completed.

Keep the faith :)

Hello All,
I am coming to terms with the moveable feast which is the delivery date! (March, then I got the Tillburg message like everyone, now nothing at all).
But, there were are few important reasons for my order in Nov, both based on the promise of March delivery and so avoiding VED and supercharging costs.
For others waiting, have any of you got any form of committment from Tesla that if they do miss a pre-March delivery date, that they should cover the VED costs (£310 per annum for 4 years)?
Thanks

Hello All,
I am coming to terms with the moveable feast which is the delivery date! (March, then I got the Tillburg message like everyone, now nothing at all).
But, there were are few important reasons for my order in Nov, both based on the promise of March delivery and so avoiding VED and supercharging costs.
For others waiting, have any of you got any form of committment from Tesla that if they do miss a pre-March delivery date, that they should cover the VED costs (£310 per annum for 4 years)?
Thanks

No, as far as I am aware there is no commitment from Tesla regarding VED. Their delivery windows have always been just that, windows not definates, and very moveable too. The last I heard at an event and the Facebook Group webex was that they are doing all they can to make sure the cars are registered before 1st April, even if not actually delivered. The implication was that if the car had arrived at Tilburg and was on dry land it might well be possible to register it. If it was at sea, and by that I'm interpreting to mean it hasn't arrived at Tilburg, there's nothing they can do. They haven't, to my knowledge, updated on that.

For free Superchargers they have said that providing the car was ordered before 31st Dec free Supercharging will apply. I believe the delivery deadline was to stop people ordering before 31st Dec and kicking delivery way into the future.

AT LAST - Is this the U.K.'s first registered RHD model X ?

You can tell if it's a demonstrator car because TM have taken up all of the MYX registration plates.

First deliveries to customers start on Wednesday 21st dec at WD with the Signature models - other types elsewhere at the end of the week.
IMG_5688.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: techmaven