Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y AWD Standard Ordered April-May 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp just a heads up that they won't let you apply it to your current orders
Screenshot_20230511-223539.png

You won't get trade-in info until they know your vehicle is en route.

I picked up last week and because I'm 350 miles from my delivery center, they actually gave me a little insight to where I was in the process.

You'll get an offer good for 30 days/1000 miles.
Not true. They give you an offer usually 2 days after to send in the trade in

You won't get trade-in info until they know your vehicle is en route.

I picked up last week and because I'm 350 miles from my delivery center, they actually gave me a little insight to where I was in the process.

You'll get an offer good for 30 days/1000 miles.
I got my trade-in info while I still had my car and was driving it. My offer actually expired after 30 days because I was still waiting on a car.
The 2nd offer came in 2 days after the first offer expired, and Tesla offered me $2k more money for my trade-in (this was in Jan, BTW).
I accepted their offer, and decided to drop my MYLR wait-list vehicle, for a MY AWD that was available right off the line in Austin. 2 weeks later, my MY arrived in California, I drove my trade in to the service center, dropped it off and got my MY. Signed a couple pieces of paper and that was it.
That was how it worked for me, anyway.

I got my trade-in info while I still had my car and was driving it. My offer actually expired after 30 days because I was still waiting on a car.
The 2nd offer came in 2 days after the first offer expired, and Tesla offered me $2k more money for my trade-in (this was in Jan, BTW).
I accepted their offer, and decided to drop my MYLR wait-list vehicle, for a MY AWD that was available right off the line in Austin. 2 weeks later, my MY arrived in California, I drove my trade in to the service center, dropped it off and got my MY. Signed a couple pieces of paper and that was it.
That was how it worked for me, anyway.
Pretty sure we've all gotten our traded info while still possessing the car we were trading in. That's kind of how that works. Lol.

Your experience was the exact same as mine, once you picked a vehicle that was available.

The only difference for me is that I am 350 mi away from my delivery point. So, I'm assuming they held off on giving me my trade-in offer because they knew I would be putting more mileage on the vehicle before trading it. That's why, even in my paperwork for the trade-in offer, there was no mention of mileage before the offer expired. Just the 30 days. I've done this with them before, while living closer to a delivery point. My offers were always good for 30 days or 1,000 mi

When I got my model 3 performance in summer of 2018, they gave me a 14 day, 500 mile trade-in offer.

As with all things Tesla, YMMV, as they change things all the time.

Many April-May pages dedicated to the MYLR and MYP but none specifically for those that were able to place their order for the Standard range MY AWD.

Blue Exterior, Black and White Interior, 20 inch rims
Ordered April 15th
EDD April-May 2023

No updates for almost a month :(
Do you have an update on EDD or VIN assigned? I have white interior as well. Nothing happened on my side.