Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery E-Mails Incoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has at least a 6 month backlog of orders to work on, if not a full year. I'd expect to see a Y in showrooms no earlier than September.

This makes me sad. Even though I have very little doubt that I'll like the Y, I would still prefer to sit in it for a few minutes to determine if its crossover design is "SUV enough" for our needs. Pictures and diagrams just don't offer the same reassurance that the size and layout is workable that five minutes in the vehicle can.

This makes me sad. Even though I have very little doubt that I'll like the Y, I would still prefer to sit in it for a few minutes to determine if its crossover design is "SUV enough" for our needs. Pictures and diagrams just don't offer the same reassurance that the size and layout is workable that five minutes in the vehicle can.
I'm sure you'll see a Model Y out in the public or at a Tesla meetup so you can check it out in performance.

To be honest, I disagree with those who say the showrooms won't have one for display. My feeling is that they will get a demo unit. If not all showrooms get one, I believe Tesla will put the Model Y in the ones that best fit the demographic and/or the showrooms that have the best sales.

Reactions: JasonR67

You just need to find one locally through an owner who got his delivered or see one at a SuperCharger while charging. See you are in Texas so don't know if you have stores that serve as delivery centers or not but if so if you know when one is being delivered you can maybe drop by and see one. The delivery center wouldn't let you sit in someone else's new car but seeing one up close might be helpful. I'd probably post something asking if any nearby Texas owners will be getting theirs soon and willing to let you drive there to see it. Or maybe someone will see your post and PM you to offer to meet up at some point. When I was waiting for my Model 3, went to a meetup at the Kettleman City SC and a few of the new Model 3 owners were there with their cars and were super kind to let people sit in them and even drive for a short bit. Always appreciative of @roblab for my test drive!

Excited for all of you guys getting your car soon and look forward to seeing one at a SC soon in my area.

Last edited:
So the question is, Is it harder to switch to white or to non-performance? Right? Will they do MY AWD LR (non-performance) with black interior before Performance White? So now we need to see if a black interior non-performance reports next OR is it a white interior performance..... I'm non-performance black interior, so I know what I'm rooting for... Sorry... :)

going to have to look into this white seats' thing. though i ordered black i feel a strong undertow sweeping me along into the white waves. will pass along anything discovered. i'm keeping the performance option. always had performance, even since the first car - a ported polished and balanced racing sprite.

Sounds like the first batch will all be Performance models, with black interior. Makes sense - Performance models have highest margin for Tesla, and the black interior is much easier to supply than white. (Not sure why, but we see that with Model 3, too.)

My reservation is for a LR AWD w/ black interior. Whenever it comes thru is fine - we’re in no rush. It’ll replace our Enclave when the time is right.

Mine needs to be LR AWD, as the base price for Performance is over the threshold to claim NJ’s new EV credit. I’m perfectly OK with that; our Model 3 is also an LR AWD and has all the performance we’ll ever need.

Reactions: house9
Performance models with white interior should have an even higher margin.

Why is black interior "much easier to supply than white"?

Not sure why that is; but we see long lead times for white interiors on Model 3 orders, so the same appears to apply here as well. Makes sense why they’d start with black, if that is the case.

It’s purely anecdotal, but appears that the black interiors are much easier to come by.