Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is just so frustrating sometimes with their lack of transparency. I mean not even a mention of the SR AWD at the rodeo and then they are prepping it for their website a few days later?

In regards to the LR and P, who in their right mind would want to take delivery now knowing that an objectively better version could be out tomorrow or two years from now. So shaky
I bought 2 MY LR in the last year. No regrets.

I fully expect that the MY produced 2 years from now will be better than the one produced today. That is ALWAYS the case with Tesla and that's what makes them different than everyone else.

The only question I have is will I trade in one of these cars in 2 years or will I wait 4 years to get the new and improved version.

It’s an improvement not a game changer. It’s a game changer for Tesla bc they are saving money and labor time.
I guess I have a different perspective might improve ride, handling, acceleration, charge time , fire safety and resale value. It's also the Tesla idea of cutting edge which they market continually. Sobtonoerhaos to 15% of the people here it matters but not to other which is all perfectly fine

I really would like to understand if I am missing a very large portion of the “MOtto Vehicle Order Agreement”.

Also, would like to understand if there is anyone who can say that Tesla owes us anything more then what is listed on the Agreement.

3EB0E23C-E558-4615-BD41-9B9DFAD36472.jpeg

Specifications listed in Agreement are the only specifications we are being promised.

None of the below listed improvements, additions, changes etc. are neither listed on the Agreement nor are they promised to be provided to any/all vehicles purchased AFTER they were implemented. (The list is limited to what I could remember ;))

1. Type of battery used
2. Body Structure (Front and Rear Casting)
3. Location of Manufacturing
4. AMD Ryzen
5. Double/Laminated front and/or rear windows
6. Li-Ion Auxiliary batter
7. All- Season tires

Any of these above listed are most welcomed and should not be taken as “Granted.” In the same line of thought, if they are not provided, Tesla should not be blamed.

Please stick to the “Facts” and be happy with what you have or about the receive as it will be an amazing machine to own in many aspects.

Cheers ✌🏻

I really would like to understand if I am missing a very large portion of the “MOtto Vehicle Order Agreement”.

Also, would like to understand if there is anyone who can say that Tesla owes us anything more then what is listed on the Agreement.

View attachment 791878

Specifications listed in Agreement are the only specifications we are being promised.

None of the below listed improvements, additions, changes etc. are neither listed on the Agreement nor are they promised to be provided to any/all vehicles purchased AFTER they were implemented. (The list is limited to what I could remember ;))

1. Type of battery used
4. AMD Ryzen
7. All- Season tires

Any of these above listed are most welcomed and should not be taken as “Granted.” In the same line of thought, if they are not provided, Tesla should not be blamed.

Please stick to the “Facts” and be happy with what you have or about the receive as it will be an amazing machine to own in many aspects.

Cheers ✌🏻

So if you did not get latest chip or heated wipers or double pane glass that would be ok with you.
actually, those things are minutiae. it's a really good vehicle.
chill time. you're gonna be very happy with the P when it's finally in your driveway.
all the fancy frills obsessed over on these forums are just that....frills. nice but not deal breakers

I guess I have a different perspective might improve ride, handling, acceleration, charge time , fire safety and resale value. It's also the Tesla idea of cutting edge which they market continually. Sobtonoerhaos to 15% of the people here it matters but not to other which is all perfectly fine
It may not do any of those things, or it may do some slightly better, some slightly worse.
Honestly thinking, based on what little info we had? If I had to decide between the two today I’d stick with current batteries. I’ve used them, they work well, and likely will outlast the car.
The weight improvement is looking pretty minor, and stiffness not likely to be detectable by normal humans.

Reactions: WhiteWi
well, you can always put your order on Hold until your issues with details become more clear.
that, or cancel your order and wait for clarity to re-order.

this is the dilemma people with current orders face and these forums don't make it easier.

When Tesla first discussed the 4680 and re-design of the MY chassis that goes with it, there was massive speculation.
Dramatically reduced weight, handling and performance. Dramatically improved range and faster charging.
It would now seem only a stiffer chassis will result. Weight won't change much, etc.
Range won't change much, market forces not requiring it, charging speed gains unknown, etc.
But there's no doubt the chassis is a serious structural improvement. Yet the most notable result: body panel gaps should improve.
Tesla is the primary beneficiary, since they'll be making more cars faster and more profitably.
These are good things though. It means the car company you invest in with your purchase will continue to exist and flourish and support your car.

Then, all the incremental tweaks Tesla has been rolling into their vehicles have been obsessed over.
Double laminated glass. Heated steering wheel and wipers. LED, then matrix headlights. Lumbar supports (or not).
LiOn aux battery, MCU chip forum wars.
There have been numerous wishful thoughts posted of future fantasy fulfillment.

It's a real challenge to navigate these culture wars and fantastical beasts that Tesla has spawned and continues to encourage.
But in the end it's a car.
And even if you were to accept the MYP being made in Fremont today, rather than several months from now, it's still a great car.
It is leaps and bounds better than most anything in the EV market today or near future. It really is.
Go test drive some others if you still have doubts.

View attachment 791878

1. Type of battery used
4. AMD Ryzen
7. All- Season tires

Cheers ✌🏻
I don't see vehicle warranty or customer service listed but yet that is owed to the customer.

Reactions: mwdietertg
I don't see vehicle warranty or customer service listed but yet that is owed to the customer.

Same Agreement, Page 3, paragraph 4...

"Warranty. You will receive the Tesla New Vehicle Limited Warranty or the Tesla Used Vehicle Limited Warranty, as applicable, at or prior to the time of Vehicle delivery or pickup. You may also obtain a written copy of your warranty from us upon request or from our website."

More surprisingly, did you purchase a vehicle without looking to see the "Warranty" information? Well I guess your comment "I don't see vehicle warranty" answers my question!

I've not seen "Customer Service" as a part of ANY Motor Vehicle Order Agreement I have ever signed during my previous car purchases. But than again, your experience might be different.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteWi and Trout
Tesla is just so frustrating sometimes with their lack of transparency. I mean not even a mention of the SR AWD at the rodeo and then they are prepping it for their website a few days later?

In regards to the LR and P, who in their right mind would want to take delivery now knowing that an objectively better version could be out tomorrow or two years from now. So shaky
And two years from then there will be a better version. Enjoy the version out now and upgrade if you’d like the new tech. With this thought process you will always be chasing the new tech.

Could be worse, could have 20 different trim levels filled with fluff that is only release for the new year model but the technology had been around for ages.

So if you did not get latest chip or heated wipers or double pane glass that would be ok with you.

Would like to make one thing very clear...

I have made my decision to purchase a Tesla MYLR based on what they were marketing and producing at the time I've placed a deposit. Not based on future additions, upgrades, changes etc.

The answer to your "one sided" and "negatively asked" question is actually answered in my post...

"Any of these above listed are most welcomed and should not be taken as “Granted.”"

Meaning, for more clarification purposes, I would be very happy to have any of these as and I will be getting some of them as they've been implemented after I've made a deposit.

Would I be upset if I don't see some of the changes in my MYLR? Not necessarily! Because the car I've decided the purchase was already a nice car and now it is even better.

How many people do you think got really upset after buying a car and the model completely changed for the new year with new additions, technology, upgrades etc? Anyone who owns a Japanese or Korean car, including myself, knows what I mean.

If I keep on waiting for the next best thing, I would never be able to drive an MYLR or buy a MacBook or go to vacation etc. There will always be something better just around the corner for almost anything.

My main point is... There are a lot of people who are "asking" or even "demanding" these changes and holding Tesla responsible for providing them AFTER they made their purchases. They always have the option to "return" the product they purchased and buy the new and improved version if they like to.

Cheers

I got probably one of the (relatively) last cars made without the latest chip and the heated wipers. I was at first a little disappointed. Would I have been happy to get them? Yes.

But when I see people who ordered only a month after I did now paying for upgrades and FSD that they didn't really want in order to jump the line because they are afraid they won't get their cars for months and months (you know who they are), I am happy not to be trading places with them for a heated wiper tray. I haven't read of anyone raving over that. After 2 months and 3000 miles I really don't care about those upgrades. I am delighted to be behind the wheel and driving it.

Tell you what. Cancel your order. Wait until the 2032 models come out and get yours then! They will be sooo much better than what you might have gotten today.

Would like to make one thing very clear...

I have made my decision to purchase a Tesla MYLR based on what they were marketing and producing at the time I've placed a deposit. Not based on future additions, upgrades, changes etc.

The answer to your "one sided" and "negatively asked" question is actually answered in my post...

"Any of these above listed are most welcomed and should not be taken as “Granted.”"

Meaning, for more clarification purposes, I would be very happy to have any of these as and I will be getting some of them as they've been implemented after I've made a deposit.

Would I be upset if I don't see some of the changes in my MYLR? Not necessarily! Because the car I've decided the purchase was already a nice car and now it is even better.

How many people do you think got really upset after buying a car and the model completely changed for the new year with new additions, technology, upgrades etc? Anyone who owns a Japanese or Korean car, including myself, knows what I mean.

If I keep on waiting for the next best thing, I would never be able to drive an MYLR or buy a MacBook or go to vacation etc. There will always be something better just around the corner for almost anything.

My main point is... There are a lot of people who are "asking" or even "demanding" these changes and holding Tesla responsible for providing them AFTER they made their purchases. They always have the option to "return" the product they purchased and buy the new and improved version if they like to.

Cheers
You are absolutely correct.

It is however the nature of humans to want to get what other people are getting. I will take whatever they give me, but I would much prefer if Tesla used up old stock first, then add the new to the production line.

I think there would be much less angst if that was the way they did it. Then you would get what everyone else got in this thread, or maybe something a little better.

It is my guess after you received your MYP you will drop off this thread and live in happy bliss.