Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on my second Fremont VIN. Not in a critical hurry to get a vehicle but we do want to get rid of my wife's ICE SUV in the next 5,000 miles. I'm convinced if I hold or reject VIN again they'll cancel and I'll be in the June-August window which is too late for us.

Not going to win the waiting game for an Austin vehicle when my only reason to wait is for improved range which isn't a guarentee for the MYP.

Looking at Autotrader in my area, low mile 2022 MYP's are bringing in 10k over delivery, so worst case I flip it I guess if I'm wrong and Austin VINs start flying around next week.
I Thought if you flip it Tesla bans you... Someone wrote that here somewhere

My hot take prediction.
California makes the Model Y standard range with LFP.
Texas makes the LR and P. LR will have around 350 miles of range

No way around it. If Tesla reduces the amount of batteries to match 2170 and save money then we should see a significant weight loss which means faster car. Or they can match the battery size but they don’t need a 400 range model y just yet.

I feel like they’ll meet in the middle. Save some money but also increase the range just a bit (350).

They’ve already increased the prices by a lot and mostly everyone who ordered the model y pre price hike has now been delivered. Let’s see what happens
I think a SR or RWD version is likely. I posted this a month ago in another thread. The list of HOV sticker eligible cars in California clearly lists a 2022 MY RWD.

• Informative
Reactions: Daekwan
This only applies if you "flip" it prior to delivery i.e selling your reservation

So if you sell a "used" tesla, it does not apply
Nope not true. Someone recently bought a 5-seater and decided he wanted a 7 instead. Sold the 5 while waiting for the 7 and had his 7 cancelled because Tesla thought he was a flipper. I believe he was working with the manager of his SC to get this resolved as the Manager knew what the intent was, never heard the final outcome. But his 5 seater was relatively new.

Nope not true. Someone recently bought a 5-seater and decided he wanted a 7 instead. Sold the 5 while waiting for the 7 and had his 7 cancelled because Tesla thought he was a flipper. I believe he was working with the manager of his SC to get this resolved as the Manager knew what the intent was, never heard the final outcome. But his 5 seater was relatively new.
Last I read, he was SOL despite the best efforts of the manager.

There are a lot more outside not sure if they were built in Austin or not.
Time 3:22 through 3:25

Attachments

• Frame1.JPG
    Frame1.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Frame2.JPG
    Frame2.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 52
I get what you are saying seems to be a variety of models.
also, none of them have the protective white wrap on them.

Until there is a very large parking lot for them to stage assembled vehicles in, I do not think the factory is producing.
From what is said, there are a number of them parked inside. And yes, plenty of room there atm. Until they clean up some outside, not a great place to park new MY without a lot of dirt flying around.

Reactions: jleeusn and DrGriz
MYP already has this feature from my understanding

They have the hardware, but not the functionality that the regulation finally allows they are capable of. So they have matrix headlights, but they are functioning like non-matrix headlights.

So far the only hint of what matrix headlights are capable of for US consumers can see is Tesla being projected during the light show.

I think a SR or RWD version is likely. I posted this a month ago in another thread. The list of HOV sticker eligible cars in California clearly lists a 2022 MY RWD.

I've always thought it would happen, its actually crazy some people think it wouldn't happen.

If Tesla's $1Trillion+ valuation is to be believed, it depends on them selling 5M-10M cars a year. The line of people willing to pay $60k for the absolute cheapest Model Y is only so long. Might take a year or two.. but cheaper options are pretty much guaranteed. And yes that's including the Y.

I've always thought it would happen, its actually crazy some people think it wouldn't happen.

If Tesla's $1Trillion+ valuation is to be believed, it depends on them selling 5M-10M cars a year. The line of people willing to pay $60k for the absolute cheapest Model Y is only so long. Might take a year or two.. but cheaper options are pretty much guaranteed. And yes that's including the Y.

To be fair, Tesla plans to be making cars, and SUVs, and trucks, and Semi's, and powerwalls, and solar systems, grid energy installations, and beyond...

Reactions: SWIPE
My hot take prediction.
California makes the Model Y standard range with LFP.
Texas makes the LR and P. LR will have around 350 miles of range

No way around it. If Tesla reduces the amount of batteries to match 2170 and save money then we should see a significant weight loss which means faster car. Or they can match the battery size but they don’t need a 400 range model y just yet.

I feel like they’ll meet in the middle. Save some money but also increase the range just a bit (350).

They’ve already increased the prices by a lot and mostly everyone who ordered the model y pre price hike has now been delivered. Let’s see what happens
Weight saving is 4-5% on top of megacasts so you won’t see 10% range increase.

Reactions: SWIPE